Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:39:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintpal, my wierd feeling  (Read 2449 times)
Mateusz (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:35:09 PM

Hi,

I have some kind of weird feeling about Mintpal on this month.

Not always respecting the rules of the voting list, the new coins they add out of the voting list, ...

They earning a very big amount of money. Especially on this PoS shitcoin hype.

I have no idea how work the Startup in England, but they are claiming to be so. I'm finding no proof of this, even from them.

They hold too much money to me and they bring no proof at all that they are solvent.

Do you guys/ladies know something about them ? Am I paranoid ?
Cryptor

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

I havent got any problems, actually i like the site pretty much. Still never keep extra coins in exchanges, even big and trusted. Bigger they are, harder they fall.

Only mintpal related problem i have heard for a while was caused by hacked bitstamp ticker extension in google chrome which changed the mintpal deposit addresses, but it was because the extension not because the site

Edit: and ofc they are willing to add pos hypecoin, every exchange creates profit, and well obviously they want to maximise it Cheesy
Mateusz (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:42:23 PM

I havent got any problems, actually i like the site pretty much. Still never keep extra coins in exchanges, even big and trusted. Bigger they are, harder they fall.

Only mintpal related problem i have heard for a while was caused by hacked bitstamp ticker extension in google chrome which changed the mintpal deposit addresses, but it was because the extension not because the site

Yes okay, I haven't got any problem with them too. That not the question.

They claim to be a startup in England, any proof ? Can they decide to quit with all the "money" ?
I'm feeling they acting not as usual this month, and try to max the earnings. It's just a feeling, I would to know if someone else have the same.
Cryptor

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:52:24 PM

Well actually i havent checked the firm out, but my advice when working in crypto world:
Most of the transactions and people are working ann, never trust anyone more then your willing to lose.

What comes to the last month activity, havent noted anything special that would woke up my alarm bells
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

Same here. I do not fully trust this site.
Mateusz (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

Well actually i havent checked the firm out, but my advice when working in crypto world:
Most of the transactions and people are working ann, never trust anyone more then your willing to lose.

What comes to the last month activity, havent noted anything special that would woke up my alarm bells

I have no idea how I can check the firm, and user from England can tell how to ?

What mean the 'Startup' status in England ?
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:46:51 PM

Hi,

I have some kind of weird feeling about Mintpal on this month.

Not always respecting the rules of the voting list, the new coins they add out of the voting list, ...

They earning a very big amount of money. Especially on this PoS shitcoin hype.

I have no idea how work the Startup in England, but they are claiming to be so. I'm finding no proof of this, even from them.

They hold too much money to me and they bring no proof at all that they are solvent.

Do you guys/ladies know something about them ? Am I paranoid ?

you feel some type of way about mintpal ?

you can check companies house for registration info on UK based operations

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

I can't take them amiss.
Its a cool site, cool system, the charts suck.

But an exchange? You wouldn't want to call that an exchange in the real world.
The turnover is marginal. No liquidity, peanuts.
You can start a market turmoil for some crap coin with 10 grand or less.
It'll look great. You can circulate coins among exchanges to mock real interest.
Its so easy, much easier than with stocks. A traders dream, actually.
Many no brain deals out there, anytime. Nobodies looking, do as you like.

So they make a market for coins they pick up on, thats in the mix.
The way they run it seems professional.

When ZEIT was running up 1000% last week it was so very clear to me what was going on.
Its not nice, but I'd call it business as usual.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit, if it were a spinoff of some big and bad bankster.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:39:10 PM

mintpal is full of shitcoin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:41:50 PM

Mintpal is corrupt
1Referee
Legendary

Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

I stopped using mintpal since I once saw something really strange. I had an open sell order, and I saw some one bought my sell order and some of the sell orders above me. And this all was visible in the transaction history, where you can see the buys & sells that people made. Then suddenly everything changed, my sell order and other sell orders that were bought by some one now again appeared as open sell order section, like nothing has happened. This is very weird, my coins were sold, I had the BTC in my balance, then my BTC balance was gone, and I had my coins back.  Huh Huh
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:58:57 PM

Pro tip, never keep any coins on ANY exchange ever.

1G4HV9UkHN6mHNDcZdLgJuELFBc8ZRUzVw
MintPal-Jay

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:37:40 PM

Our company registration just went through today actually. We'll follow up on our site with more details in around a week, you can check at the following link.
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

We ourselves would only recommend to store funds on an exchange for trading only, otherwise keep it in your wallet.

mintpal is full of shitcoin

Thank you for that wonderful feedback.

Mintpal is corrupt

Looking forward to hearing how.

I stopped using mintpal since I once saw something really strange. I had an open sell order, and I saw some one bought my sell order and some of the sell orders above me. And this all was visible in the transaction history, where you can see the buys & sells that people made. Then suddenly everything changed, my sell order and other sell orders that were bought by some one now again appeared as open sell order section, like nothing has happened. This is very weird, my coins were sold, I had the BTC in my balance, then my BTC balance was gone, and I had my coins back.  Huh Huh

This is simply not possible and not true.

Looks like the haters are out in full force today trying to spread FUD.

MintPal - The fast and user friendly cryptocurrency exchange
Safty

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:41:22 AM

Our company registration just went through today actually. We'll follow up on our site with more details in around a week, you can check at the following link.
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

Link doesn't work. Can you please update?
1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:46:24 AM

This is simply not possible and not true.

Looks like the haters are out in full force today trying to spread FUD.
[/quote]

This IS true, it was with Bitcoin Scrypt. My Bitcoin Scrypt sell order was bought by someone, it also showed the transaction in the "Recent Market History" section. Looks like a reset of some kind....?? No reason for me to lie about it. I'm not hating on Mintpal in any way. Just saying it was very weird.
MintPal-Jay

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:18:41 AM

The link does work for me, which is strange. Search for companieshouse and use their web check functionality.

This IS true, it was with Bitcoin Scrypt. My Bitcoin Scrypt sell order was bought by someone, it also showed the transaction in the "Recent Market History" section. Looks like a reset of some kind....?? No reason for me to lie about it. I'm not hating on Mintpal in any way. Just saying it was very weird.
No, it's not possible for it to reset like that. If it was in the Recent Market History, it does not mean it was your trade, someone else might have set an order at the same price and was ahead of you in the queue. You would have seen a popup in the corner if it was your trade.

Orgazmo

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:19:31 AM

A lot of votes disapears...
MintPal-Jay

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:23:36 AM

A lot of votes disapears...
It's the removal of bot votes, we attend to it 2-3 times a week.

1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:35:58 AM

The link does work for me, which is strange. Search for companieshouse and use their web check functionality.

No, it's not possible for it to reset like that. If it was in the Recent Market History, it does not mean it was your trade, someone else might have set an order at the same price and was ahead of you in the queue. You would have seen a popup in the corner if it was your trade.

I trade Bitcoins/Altcoins using various exchanges for quite a while now, and never seen such a thing. I understand that to you I might sound like I am not telling the truth.
But it did happen. I had NO BTC in my balance, I only had Bitcoin Scrypt, once I saw that I had BTC in my balance, I checked the BTCS/BTC market, and I see -> my sell order is bought by some one <- And yes it was MY sell order......

Then after browsing through the site my BTC balance was gone, and my sell order was again open........

It could be that the page at that moment showed wrong information because the page was not updated/refreshed correctly.

But as I said, it was very weird, never seen such a thing.

MintPal-Jay

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:58:37 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 10:14:28 AM by MintPal-Jay

I trade Bitcoins/Altcoins using various exchanges for quite a while now, and never seen such a thing. I understand that to you I might sound like I am not telling the truth.
But it did happen. I had NO BTC in my balance, I only had Bitcoin Scrypt, once I saw that I had BTC in my balance, I checked the BTCS/BTC market, and I see -> my sell order is bought by some one <- And yes it was MY sell order......

Then after browsing through the site my BTC balance was gone, and my sell order was again open........

It could be that the page at that moment showed wrong information because the page was not updated/refreshed correctly.

But as I said, it was very weird, never seen such a thing.

Again, it would have shown up in the Your Trades table if this was true, so I'm afraid you've got it wrong. If it was just in the Recent Market History as you said, it does not mean it was your trade as multiple people can have an order at the same price. I can tell you that it is is simply not possible for a trade to rollback and we have never reversed a single trade.

A surprising number of people get confused like this and write things without being sure that it happened.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: