Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintpal, my wierd feeling  (Read 2443 times)
MintPal-Jay

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:17:34 AM

Just to follow up, I'm afraid as we have quickly become popular, we have recently become a target of people lying. Just yesterday a handful of people came into our IRC room claiming to have lost BTC and then not being able to provide any proof about it.

While we cannot stop people from spreading misinformation, I would just like to advise users that they are welcome to try us out and see for themselves that everything works fine. 99% of our users have never had an issue, but if you do think something strange has happened then please open a support ticket. We will do our best to assure you and solve the problem if there is an issue.

MintPal - The fast and user friendly cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Safty

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:38:03 AM

Link doesn't work. Can you please update?
The link does work for me, which is strange. Search for companieshouse and use their web check functionality.

Is this your company detail?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:43:26 AM

I trade Bitcoins/Altcoins using various exchanges for quite a while now, and never seen such a thing. I understand that to you I might sound like I am not telling the truth.
But it did happen. I had NO BTC in my balance, I only had Bitcoin Scrypt, once I saw that I had BTC in my balance, I checked the BTCS/BTC market, and I see -> my sell order is bought by some one <- And yes it was MY sell order......

Then after browsing through the site my BTC balance was gone, and my sell order was again open........

It could be that the page at that moment showed wrong information because the page was not updated/refreshed correctly.

But as I said, it was very weird, never seen such a thing.

Again, it would have shown up in the Your Trades table if this was true, so I'm afraid you've got it wrong. If it was just in the Recent Market History as you said, it does not mean it was your trade as multiple people can have an order at the same price. I can tell you that it is is simply not possible for a trade to rollback and we have never reversed a single trade.

A surprising number of people get confused like this and write things without being sure that it happened.

Well, I hope I have got it wrong, if so, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.  I do like Mintpal, in my opninion it's one of the best Altcoin exchanges as in how the site looks and perform.
The situation that we were talking about made me not use Mintpal anymore, but I believe you when you say it's not possible. So I must have overlooked something.

MintPal-Jay

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:57:27 AM

Yes, that is correct.

Well, I hope I have got it wrong, if so, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.  I do like Mintpal, in my opninion it's one of the best Altcoin exchanges as in how the site looks and perform.
The situation that we were talking about made me not use Mintpal anymore, but I believe you when you say it's not possible. So I must have overlooked something.

No worries, based on some of the tickets recently, I think it is quite frequent that people get confused. We are quite open when things do actually go wrong, which they certainly have done in the time that we've been around, but we must also defend ourselves against things that we do not believe to be true at all.

Safty

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:24:45 AM

Yes, that is correct.

Way 2 go. As an user I feel safe and confident.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:26:15 AM

Yes, that is correct.

Well, I hope I have got it wrong, if so, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.  I do like Mintpal, in my opninion it's one of the best Altcoin exchanges as in how the site looks and perform.

No worries, based on some of the tickets recently, I think it is quite frequent that people get confused. We are quite open when things do actually go wrong, which they certainly have done in the time that we've been around, but we must also defend ourselves against things that we do not believe to be true at all.

I completely understand that, and good job with how Mintpal is growing. Good luck with everything!
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:39:49 PM

No chatbox and the graph isn't real-time (or has huge lag issues). I find that I am always watching the orders and then even the orders glitch where the top order in the buy or sell sticks while the price continues to rise/ fall. You have to constantly refresh the page to fix this.

Horrible trading experience.
IsabellaA

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:19:24 PM

Hi,

I have some kind of weird feeling about Mintpal on this month.

Not always respecting the rules of the voting list, the new coins they add out of the voting list, ...

They earning a very big amount of money. Especially on this PoS shitcoin hype.

I have no idea how work the Startup in England, but they are claiming to be so. I'm finding no proof of this, even from them.

They hold too much money to me and they bring no proof at all that they are solvent.

Do you guys/ladies know something about them ? Am I paranoid ?

The mintpal such a short time they made such good results, is really not easy.
But I think mintpal voting mechanism has holes, most of the coin through the brush ticket shelves, it's not fair。
Cryptor

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:39:56 PM

Just to follow up, I'm afraid as we have quickly become popular, we have recently become a target of people lying. Just yesterday a handful of people came into our IRC room claiming to have lost BTC and then not being able to provide any proof about it.

While we cannot stop people from spreading misinformation, I would just like to advise users that they are welcome to try us out and see for themselves that everything works fine. 99% of our users have never had an issue, but if you do think something strange has happened then please open a support ticket. We will do our best to assure you and solve the problem if there is an issue.

About this, dont know is it the same reason but my friend lost 3btc, he was sending them to mintpal deposit. After researching what was wrong he noted that his bitstamp ticker extension (google chrome) had been hacked and it changed deposit addresses for mintpal. Noticed when opened page with ie and had different deposit addresses. We dont know is it wide problem with this extension or was it just single hacking but this might be reason for "losing btc in mintpal"
Mateusz (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:20:16 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 05:33:18 PM by Mateusz

Thanks Jay for coming and replying to us in this thread. This is pretty nice from you.

Guys/ladies please it's not a thread to discuss about technical issues, you have a support and tickets for this.

I'm glad to see you're finally showing your company details. The website not working for me but I can see the picture.

Whatever, I'm still not in confidence. The votes are broken, lots of peoples spending money just to see the coin disappearing from the voting list.
You're not respecting the Monday new coins and keeping adding ****coins just because they generating volume during hype instead of be fair with the tons of ppls that sent you Bitcoin by the voting system.

I understand that as a company you want to generate money, maybe to pay servers, employees, etc... but it's kinda robbing peoples to remove a coin from the voting list for a few bots, it's also robbing to add much more coins outside the voting list.
For example you did remove the GDcoin, this coin was on the top for almost 2 weeks, maybe a bot was working on it, but I'm sure some peoples was sending money too. 2 weeks is a lot to detect a ****coin or a bot. Why do you add coins on the voting list that you don't want to see on your services and leaving them on the top during days ?

You're already generating lot of money and you keep pushing hard the wrong side to generate more and more, I feel like a sheep. It's where I'm the less confident. Like for an altcoin, I smell the hype before the dump.

I have no coins left on your services for all the reasons above.

I'm also afraid of being Goxed:
https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation
https://www.rapidformations.co.uk/blog/what-is-a-private-limited-company/
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:27:51 PM

Mintpal does the same than Cryptsy... They first buy an alt coin in another exchange for very low, and then they add that coin in they exchange and wait till it pump to dump the coins, easy profit no risk.
MintPal-Jay

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

Whatever, I'm still not in confidence. The votes are broken, lots of peoples spending money just to see the coin disappearing from the voting list.
You're not respecting the Monday new coins and keeping adding ****coins just because they generating volume during hype instead of be fair with the tons of ppls that sent you Bitcoin by the voting system.

I understand that as a company you want to generate money, maybe to pay servers, employees, etc... but it's kinda robbing peoples to remove a coin from the voting list for a few bots, it's also robbing to add much more coins outside the voting list.
For example you did remove the GDcoin, this coin was on the top for almost 2 weeks, maybe a bot was working on it, but I'm sure some peoples was sending money too. 2 weeks is a lot to detect a ****coin or a bot. Why do you add coins on the voting list that you don't want to see on your services and leaving them on the top during days ?

You're already generating lot of money and you keep pushing hard the wrong side to generate more and more, I feel like a sheep. It's where I'm the less confident. Like for an altcoin, I smell the hype before the dump.

We removed GDCoin because they failed to provide us with the source code properly when we requested it three times, they were fully refunded for their votes. Other than that, we have only temporarily removed (24 hours) three other coins for bot voting and since then we are removing bot votes (NOTE: this does not mean removing real votes!) 2-3 times a week as mentioned. You are definitely over-exaggerating it.

We have made it pretty clear on the site that voting coins are added once a week and we can add our own market choices outside of this how we see fit. We have been true to our word.

Mintpal does the same than Cryptsy... They first buy an alt coin in another exchange for very low, and then they add that coin in they exchange and wait till it pump to dump the coins, easy profit no risk.

I can't even take this comment seriously...

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

http://www.capital-office.co.uk/

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:49:58 PM

You all are full of shit.  I don't believe for 1 second Mintpal has done anything shady.  Who cares on what coin they add?  They add the coins people want to trade.

Mintpal-Jay, you guys are doing a great job
mineworker

Activity: 130

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:52:11 PM

Pro tip, never keep any coins on ANY exchange ever.

1G4HV9UkHN6mHNDcZdLgJuELFBc8ZRUzVw

Exactly get in and get out.

Not directed to Mintpal, I use it but I never keep any coins on any exchange longer than I have to.

mineworker

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

lol surely that is what everyone does anyway.......wait till a pump and dump it.......

Please provide me some proof of this?

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:00:18 PM

"A London Mail Address to impress your clients. Collect your mail or have it forwarded worldwide to any location. Excellent value for a prestigious London Address. Capital Office are a leading affordable virtual office provider, operating in City Road, Central London."
mineworker

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:03:02 PM

"A London Mail Address to impress your clients. Collect your mail or have it forwarded worldwide to any location. Excellent value for a prestigious London Address. Capital Office are a leading affordable virtual office provider, operating in City Road, Central London."

And thousands of people use them, he doesnt want idiots coming round his house.

Piotrsama

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:51:00 PM

We removed GDCoin because they failed to provide us with the source code properly when we requested it three times, they were fully refunded for their votes. Other than that, we have only temporarily removed (24 hours) three other coins for bot voting and since then we are removing bot votes (NOTE: this does not mean removing real votes!) 2-3 times a week as mentioned.
Didn't you permanently remove Coinye because somebody was cheating with a bot?
I think it was harsh for the rest of the people holding that coin.

Anyways, nice and fast exchange you have.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:59:55 PM

Mintpal can't be trusted at all. Their coin voting list is all fishy, I just found that they killed all my votes without any reason. All of them were honest manual votes. Today they steal your votes, tomorrow they can steal your coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: