Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin will succeed  (Read 882 times)
_smudger_ (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:54:50 PM

Bitcoin will succeed because it's like someone invented a world language that everyone can speak ...except for finance.

Do not invest in other altcoins, too many people are now using Bitcoin for the world to need any alternative "languages".

What's the point in inventing a global language if there is going to be more than one.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:04:55 PM

Do you really want a global language? People are people worldwide. But it is interesting and exciting to see the differences in cultures. But I wouldn't want to live among every culture. Nor would I want to drag those into mine who would not want to come.

We need more altcoins.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
_smudger_ (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:07:31 PM

Do you really want a global language? People are people worldwide. But it is interesting and exciting to see the differences in cultures. But I wouldn't want to live among every culture. Nor would I want to drag those into mine who would not want to come.

We need more altcoins.

Smiley

We have cultural languages already, they are the fiat currencies.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:13:33 PM

We never know maybe there will be invented another great cryto currency which would change GPB or even euro, maybe even better than bitcoin technology is always moving forward. Bitcoin would be the same as dollars and other X cryto currency would be Euro. And think if there is only one cryto currency we couldn't do FOREX! (foreign exchange).
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:17:47 PM

We need more altcoins.

Smiley

We have cultural languages already, they are the fiat currencies.

Fiat currencies are essentially the bankers making slaves of the users of a particular fiat. Of course, the bankers have see from history that you can't keep slaves forever. They rebel. So THESE bankers are doing it very shrewdly. They are giving the people the appearance of freedom, while keeping them essentially enslaved. What we see happening in all the world turmoil, is the people waking up to the fact that they don't have freedom.

Bitcoin is a major freedom in the world of currencies. The more altcoins we have, the more freedom we have.

Cultural languages include everything in a culture... not only the fiat they use. Some parts of a culture overlap into the way another culture does it. Altcoins will also overlap, with things like Mastercoin and Counterparty and MaidSafe providing the resources for it to happen.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

Bitcoin will succeed and so will several alt coins.
There is room for more than one winner.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

It's best not to put all ones eggs in a single basket and instead have an exit stratagies planned.  Better safe then sorry and it's is a good thing to have a free market of coins to use that bring their own new attributes to the table.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:23:04 PM

We need more altcoins.

Smiley
Says who? Actually we don't need them. Not with the quality that the current ones have.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:48:31 PM

Bitcoin is the equivalent to the English Language

everyone around the world pay big money to learn english

there is always the crowd that hates bankers who will be in bitcoin in the best and worst of times

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:54:07 PM

Bitcoin is like the metric system of finance.

There's absolutely no good reason for people to create and use competing, incompatible units for measuring mass - that's how you get expensive space probes to crash into planets.

Separate currencies for every country, or every interest group, or every business is a monstrous step backwards which will become apparent in the future when altcoins fail to progress beyond the P&D stage.
coindozer7

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:13:01 PM

Bitcoin will succeed if the community stays strong and more people believe in it.
The banks and government will start to view Bitcoin in a more positive way as the community becomes stronger and also the # of businesses and users increase. It's just a matter of time.
Even if Bitcoin only last for the next 1-2 years, the concept of Digital Currency will continue to grow.
vpitcher07

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:46:18 PM

Bitcoin will succeed and so will several alt coins.
There is room for more than one winner.

Bitcoin will succeed but I'm not 100% sure on it being the biggest crypto in the distant future. It has some flaws that altcoins fix. With the invention of scrypt asics i'm really interested in vertcoin - i think it has some serious potential.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:48:23 AM

Bitcoin will succeed if the community stays strong and more people believe in it.
The banks and government will start to view Bitcoin in a more positive way as the community becomes stronger and also the # of businesses and users increase. It's just a matter of time.
Even if Bitcoin only last for the next 1-2 years, the concept of Digital Currency will continue to grow.

Logic among everyday people says, don't play with Bitcoin.

Logic among those who are into computers and programming says, Bitcoin is freedom and protection from fiat.

The Bitcoin community is very small compared with the number of people on the Internet. Yet look at the volume and value of it (Bitcoin).

We need more everyday people to start using Bitcoin. And they are. It will just take a bit of time.

Smiley

Horizon

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:49:07 AM

Bitcoin was the first, and groundbreaking.
But it still has some technical limitations that may cause various alt coins to ultimately become more widely used.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:15:48 AM

But it still has some technical limitations that may cause various alt coins to ultimately become more widely used.

Think of all the exchanges that will crop up to trade the various altcoins withe Bitcoin and each other. Of course, With Mastercoin, Counterparty, and soon-to-be-MaidSafe, we might not need any exchanges. It might be automated by various programmers building on top of these protocols/platforms.

Smiley

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:27:27 AM

Think of all the exchanges that will crop up to trade the various altcoins withe Bitcoin and each other. Of course, With Mastercoin, Counterparty, and soon-to-be-MaidSafe, we might not need any exchanges. It might be automated by various programmers building on top of these protocols/platforms.

Smiley

How soon can a user-friendly p2p exchange finally be ready?
There has been talk of one for so many years...

TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:32:06 AM

Do not invest in other altcoins, too many people are now using Bitcoin for the world to need any alternative "languages".

I remember it's not too long ago when many argued that bitcoin would never succeed because 'nobody uses it'. Oh well...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: