Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 09:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO Futures - your opinion?  (Read 1919 times)
kickbit (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:16:58 PM

Did you guys bought cex.io futures? FHA or FHM?

For today GHs price is 0.0078 - it's less than Futures prices were week ago (0.008).
What do you think about it?

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:10:46 PM

It has more to do with outside competition like hardware, and cloud mining sellers discounting than it does with the futures price. People are getting wise to the long term costs and profitability of mining, and the bitcoin price has been very disappointing the last few months.

I think we will continue to see prices for mining (equipment/cloud) dropping and the difficulty increasing much less rapidly over the next couple of months after people get their pre-ordered hardware and order a lot less.

I don't think people will be investing a lot in mining until the bitcoin price rises very significantly again - maybe later this year when Wall Street gets involved?
MrsDoublehelix

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:24:49 PM

I spent almost all of my small BTC-savings for the buy of FHM for 283.6 GHS/0.00369 on cex.io. I hope (fingers crossed) that this won't be such a bloodbath like for the sad investors of FHA. Has anyone of you fellow miners ever get the opportunity of "redeem hardware" on this site ? I could have some access on somehow dirt cheap electricity here so it would be a good change compared to the extremly high fees demand by cex.io which is near to robbery in my oppinion
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

What do future shares grant you that today's don't?
Do you get a 20 percent buttrape fee instead of a 29 percent, or whatever it is?
MrsDoublehelix

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:42:57 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 07:54:10 PM by MrsDoublehelix

What do future shares grant you that today's don't?

seriously, I suspect you to have never been invested in cex-assets i guess. I'm calling myself happy to sell minutes before a so called major drop in value. Mostly because of holiday/family-reasons...
kickbit (OP)

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:30:15 PM

I spent almost all of my small BTC-savings for the buy of FHM for 283.6 GHS/0.00369 on cex.io. I hope (fingers crossed) that this won't be such a bloodbath like for the sad investors of FHA. Has anyone of you fellow miners ever get the opportunity of "redeem hardware" on this site ? I could have some access on somehow dirt cheap electricity here so it would be a good change compared to the extremly high fees demand by cex.io which is near to robbery in my oppinion

That's interesting idea. Good luck!
But I think it would take a very long time. And bitcoin mining profit reduces every day... My wishes to you to break even Smiley

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
MrsDoublehelix

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

But I think it would take a very long time. And bitcoin mining profit reduces every day... My wishes to you to break even Smiley
thank you very much Sir. I ask myself wether the mentioned Raspberry PI controller is included in the redeem-hardware offer (which is a least 40 euro-pesetas and more here in germania) or not, but will report this.
kickbit (OP)

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:42:16 PM

thank you very much Sir. I ask myself wether the mentioned Raspberry PI controller is included in the redeem-hardware offer (which is a least 40 euro-pesetas and more here in germania) or not, but will report this.

As I remember - yes. They must include raspberryPi because it has miner soft installed.

MrsDoublehelix

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:58:47 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 10:17:48 PM by MrsDoublehelix

As I remember - yes. They must include raspberryPi because it has miner soft installed.
Ok. I will accept their redeem-hardware option for a "Hoverboard II" because i have the opportunity to get free electricity @ my work. This should do the trick however Wink
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:53:14 AM

For today GHs price is 0.0078 - it's less than Futures prices were week ago (0.008).

I would stay far way from cex.io
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:51:56 AM

Only if you can afford to dump a whole lot for a few days of stability methinks and make some little coin. But it's a safer move just to hold onto said btc.
Testing123

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:57:23 AM

I don't use cex.io at all, but with the introduction of futures, people should have a better expectation of GHS price movement in near future.

kickbit (OP)

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:21:20 AM

I don't use cex.io at all, but with the introduction of futures, people should have a better expectation of GHS price movement in near future.

Ehh, it would be very interesting to hear someone who use cex.io Smiley

cliffhanger35

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:36:27 AM

Prices are continually decreasing since the mining gear prices are also falling.  But people say there maintenance fees are 20-30%. Not sure it's profitable at the moment.

If you think the prices can't go any lower, or they will slightly decrease in time you could diversify your portfolio and get some.

But for the price of FHM I can get Antminer an mining in a few days.
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:17:21 PM

But people say there maintenance fees are 20-30%.

It is in fact at 29.67% now. http://cex.io/maintenance
And it will keep rising when the hashrate price drops.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:31:48 PM

The fee is really high but in your opinion do people make profit with cex.io? what hash rate should i buy to make profit? Profit i mean with selling hash to someone else in a month or so.
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:02:06 PM

The fee is really high but in your opinion do people make profit with cex.io? what hash rate should i buy to make profit? Profit i mean with selling hash to someone else in a month or so.

IMHO, nope.
The FHM is priced at 0.0041 now, and GHS price (at 0.0080 now) should move towards it and eventually reach it in a month.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:23:45 PM

Can someone give details of the FHM contract ?
cafminer1

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:39:28 AM

We re at 00:37 GMT now and FHA are due since 00:00.

If we were not goxxed (cexxed?) hashing power for FHA must be compensated lately, after the
"FHA, FHM conversion to GHS may take up to 24 hours, depending on the volume of futures."

Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:17:02 PM

Can someone give details of the FHM contract ?

https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/201833113
What is FHA & FHM and how it works?
Harry P. - Today at 02:07

Future Hashes April (FHA) is a futures contract or pre-order for GHS which will start mining on April 26, 2014 00:00 GMT
This is the future mining power which can be traded on the exchange.
Future Hashes May (FHM) will transform to GHS on May 26, 2014 00:00 GMT and will also start mining for you immediately until sold.
Don't pass this unique opportunity to buy GHS at the lowest price on the market!
FHA, FHM conversion to GHS may take up to 24 hours, depending on the volume of futures.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: