Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 02:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants to fix the price?  (Read 3846 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:10:39 PM

price go down again   Cry feeling uncomfortable

Just keep retweeting and make Bitcoin video, that's ALL bitcoin needs from us.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:11:34 PM

Why would the price be broken? Does anyone even look at the charts? A year ago Bitcoin was worth 4 times less than today.
How exactly is it broken?

I came in when it was $30, so you're barking up the wrong tree. I understand it was cheaper, but it SHOULD BE more.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:13:01 PM

I was expecting a $10k min entry, group of about 100 people and we'd move the price down buy, up and dump..  This is not price fixing...  

I didn't mean fix it like rig it, I meant fix it like make it better.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:29:42 PM

Why would the price be broken? Does anyone even look at the charts? A year ago Bitcoin was worth 4 times less than today.

I came in when it was $30, so you're barking up the wrong tree. I understand it was cheaper, but it SHOULD BE more.
You came in late then. I should be the King of the World, but I'm not ?
Joke aside. The problem lies in the people who are easily manipulated by the media, and in China. Imagine if China made Bitcoin completely legal.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:33:24 PM

Good reminder of how things really are going great for BTC.  Smiley
Also, "fix the price" has a more common meaning...The OP could have used better wording.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:38:02 PM

Joke aside. The problem lies in the people who are easily manipulated by the media, and in China. Imagine if China made Bitcoin completely legal.  Cheesy

I understand that News and Media means everything to Bitcoin, but if people had small communities in their schools, cities and states that used Bitcoin, they would feel safer sticking to it when the price drops.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:40:46 PM

I understand that News and Media means everything to Bitcoin, but if people had small communities in their schools, cities and states that used Bitcoin, they would feel safer sticking to it when the price drops.

Correct, and it's improving every month.
Now most of the local growth (places to spend BTC) is in large cities.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:42:35 PM

Correct, and it's improving every month.
Now most of the local growth (places to spend BTC) is in large cities.

I know it's getting better, I'm just saying it won't hurt to share things via social media. And if the price went back to $1000 soon, it would be at the forefront of everyone's attention again.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

I know it's getting better, I'm just saying it won't hurt to share things via social media. And if the price went back to $1000 soon, it would be at the forefront of everyone's attention again.

That is a good idea.
How about a day (similar to your April 15th) in May (promoted here first at bitcointalk.org) where "everyone" shares there excitement about BTC on social media?

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:19:48 PM

Bitcoin is awesome!

There I said it... Now lets all monitor the correlation between my statement and the rise back to $1,200.

Tips are accepted.

I also suspect that the $50 drop this morning is not due to the PBOC news, but rather my hangover...

And dont forget to wear one blue sock and one red sock so the Rangers win the Stanley Cup...

You, too, eh?  My wife was not very pleased with me this morning. 
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:21:10 PM

That is a good idea.
How about a day (similar to your April 15th) in May (promoted here first at bitcointalk.org) where "everyone" shares there excitement about BTC on social media?

I'm down, I'll share it everywhere and make a Facebook event if no one else is.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:50:42 PM

What should the exact day of the event be?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:52:03 PM

Dark Market Clones
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584670.0

igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

Mining company wants to fix bitcoin price together with exchanges.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 07:50:07 AM

It really just takes time. These types of communities will eventually see the light of the day.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:53:51 AM

I like this idea and I think I'll do my part and make a few social networking pages of my own to spread the word.  So nice to see people trying to get the word out to others and inform them about BTC.  +1 to the Bitcoin-hotep.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:44:21 AM

I like this idea and I think I'll do my part and make a few social networking pages of my own to spread the word.  So nice to see people trying to get the word out to others and inform them about BTC.  +1 to the Bitcoin-hotep.

Thanks, hopefully over the next few months things get going good for all markets.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 05:00:57 AM

Imagine if China made Bitcoin completely legal. 
The China runup in Bitcoin only happened because, for a while, buying Bitcoins with yuan was legal, while buying dollars or euros wasn't. The PBOC plugged that hole in their exchange controls. If China relaxes exchange controls (which may happen), then it may be easy to buy Bitcoins in China again, but it will also be easy to buy dollars and euros. So there will be no need for Bitcoin.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 05:20:01 AM

The longer the price stays under 100, the more people who will get in "super early", the more equally distributed the future bitcoin economy will be at the post-fiat outset, the healthier that economy will be.

A prolonged low-value fiat exchange rate is healthy for Bitcoin, long term.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
mysidia

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:21:12 AM

Just keep retweeting and make Bitcoin video, that's ALL bitcoin needs from us.

You forgot the most important thing.   Buy goods and services using Bitcoin.
Offer goods and/or services for sale using Bitcoin.

Need to sell something / ask for a donation?
Tweet that you're looking to sell X for  Y.Z bitcoins...

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: