Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants to fix the price?  (Read 3795 times)
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:35:20 AM

Who wants to fix the price?
Why is the price broken?  Cheesy

It's OK to tell people about your enthusiasm for BTC.
If you come on too strong they might think you are "Ponzi recruiting" or inviting them to join a cult.

That is the risk. I know when I first became excited over BTC I told a number of people and got looks like I was a loon. Now, BTC comes up organically in conversation, I will add my feelings and let people know my experience in mining and holding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Who wants to fix the price?
Why is the price broken?  Cheesy

It's OK to tell people about your enthusiasm for BTC.
If you come on too strong they might think you are "Ponzi recruiting" or inviting them to join a cult.

That is the risk. I know when I first became excited over BTC I told a number of people and got looks like I was a loon. Now, BTC comes up organically in conversation, I will add my feelings and let people know my experience in mining and holding.

...comes up organically in conversation
I've had at least 3 jobs at locations with large numbers of people, and I (sometimes) miss being exposed to the wide variety of ideas and conversations.

You are around people in the real world who talk about Bitcoin?
That's a great sign....Is it a tech company?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:45:49 AM

Fix the price is to get people to buy bitcoin- this time around though speculation isn't enough as we already hit the mainstream. My opinion is we need to get it into remittances- that way people are constantly buying bitcoin to send money back to their home countries cheaply and fairly. That will raise the price tremendously, without disadvantage the people buying the bitcoin to move the money (as they own bitcoin only long enough for exchanges to 'move it' from one country to another).

more or less retired.
DeShack96

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Escrow Services Provided

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:15:22 AM

I made a Facebook event called "Bitcoin day" on Facebook for April 15th, and the price went up that day. I am not sure if it happened because of that, but people were posting about Bitcoin on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

So... Let's get Bitcoin moving again. Everyone, post links to exchanges on ALL your social media pages.

Bitcoin is not a company, WE ARE THE COMMERCIALS, if we do not advertise for it, it will die.

Advertising crypto-currencies is great in concept, and the more technical person can do a bit of research, learn about its opportunities, and join the community with ease, but what about those less technical? In my opinion, a mainstream consumer might not be interested in Crypto currencies simply because they have none, and if someone were to give them some, it'll definitely get them into the community. That's why we now have http://www.lovecrypto.com/, a site where you can send a small gift of crypto-currencies to anyone with an email.

Here's our BTCtalk Page for those more interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586103.0

http://www.lovecrypto.com/  <---The fast and easy way to send a gift
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: