Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Android App Beta Testers (0.1BTC)  (Read 1604 times)
cointra (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:56:31 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 12:37:50 AM by cointra

We're looking for beta testers for an Android app. Testers must meet the following conditions:

• Is a full member or above
  • Has access to Android Phone or Tablet and access to Google Play store
  • Actively trades Bitcoins or Altcoins on one or more of the following: BTC-e, Bitstamp, Huobi, BTCChina, Bitfinex, Cryptsy, Justcoin, Kraken, OKCoin, BTER
  • Will provide detailed feedback at the end of 1 week testing

Payment of 0.1BTC will be made upon submission of feedback.

Additional incentives (worth 0.2BTC) will also be offered, details will be provided via PM to interested persons.

Interested persons please PM me.

Edit: First group of beta testers already selected. I will open again if any opt-out or we need more testers
Edit2: Testers from some countries could not download, apparently Google Play's restriction, so opening again, 2 more testers only

Edit3: BETA Test Complete. Overall Great feedback from testers. Release Announcement, details and download links at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598514.0

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:15:03 PM

pm me details

sorry dont pm me , I am not full member.

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:40:33 PM

Sending a PM in a few minutes.

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:35:20 AM

I am interested in beta testing your app and meet all requirements. I use a few of those exchange but my only concern is if this app requires API keys to access these exchanges.
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:47:07 AM

Sounds dodgy as fuck  Wink
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:04:18 AM

Interested, will PM later when I am free

cointra (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 05:32:45 AM

And thats just because I have a brand new account? Or are you against the whole idea of apps that can trade using API?

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:59:35 AM

Send u pm w8 for responce

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:33:47 AM

Hi,
I am a full member and can help you with this. I am trading on different platforms if you consider me please PM me with the details

BR,
Gondel
pbj sammich

Activity: 272

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:38:20 PM

And thats just because I have a brand new account? Or are you against the whole idea of apps that can trade using API?

You have a brand new account so yes. API access to every trading platform a Full Member or above has? Why this restriction? I'll tell you what I see when I read that, we want only people who have been active here for a long time who speculatively have larger holders than the newbs, and we need you to enter your API keys into our beta app ....
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:29:40 PM

pm sent

cointra (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:41:58 PM

You have a brand new account so yes. API access to every trading platform a Full Member or above has? Why this restriction? I'll tell you what I see when I read that, we want only people who have been active here for a long time who speculatively have larger holders than the newbs, and we need you to enter your API keys into our beta app ....

Full member or above because I am only looking for feedback from senior and active traders, Cryptocurrency is still in infancy and the only decent feedback I can get is from someone who trades actively, not someone who's still wondering why he can't buy bitcoins easily using his paypal account. Full members (hopefully) know enough about crypto threats that they would use restricted API keys (even read-only).

For stealing money, creating a wallpaper app with a hot woman's face on the icon would've been far easier task than asking seasoned members to beta-test Smiley

jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:37:55 PM

I think recruiting full member and above is fair, but potentialy disclosing API keys is serious too. If you pay half up front, that could be a work around. Members can create a new account, use the 0.05 provided to trade and no need to worry about loosing coins. Then you can send them the remaining 0.05 when they submit their test report.
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:20:50 PM

I had my concerns and doubts about this beta test. The OP and I had a conversation through PM and he seems like a genuine guy. Needless to say I am going to beta test this app and will let everyone know how it turns out.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

Hey OP, I've sent you a PM Grin
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:16:22 PM

Do we need to log in with our accounts in your app?
cointra (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 09:09:20 PM

Do we need to log in with our accounts in your app?

No the app does not need your account information. It needs API for trading but can work in read-only mode if you don't want to enter the API. I have sent the link to the first round of beta testers. I will select more based on their feedback.

cointra (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 09:17:17 PM

I am responding here instead of responding to all PMs. I have already selected the first group of beta testers, if you were not contacted please stay and I will e-mail you if any slot is available.

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:36:34 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 11:47:37 PM by d2dtk

I had my concerns and doubts about this beta test. The OP and I had a conversation through PM and he seems like a genuine guy. Needless to say I am going to beta test this app and will let everyone know how it turns out.

I'm beta testing this app after conversing with OP. To be safe I'm using an account that doesn't hold much value but will get the job done.

I can honestly say that it seems legit from my point of view. My device is rooted and I have xPrivacy running on it which is how I know the app didn't ask permission from parts of my phone that it has no need to see but did ask for internet access and the device id).

It loads quick and it's easy to choose your exchange, once the API key is entered it showed my balances and trade history.

Transaction post instantly. I sat down and sold/bought a couple coins and watched them be processed on the screen from my Cryptsy account on the computer. I was able to set high and low marks for buying and selling and watched it sell at those makers. When canceling transactions it was just as fast,  instant.

There are a few things I would like to see implemented, which I will tell OP once the deadline is reached.

EDIT: Phone likes to auto-correct me!

ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:39:41 AM

I am currently beta testing the app. I ran into a few bugs but they were fixed in the new version. Overall the app is very impressive. It makes trading on the supported exchanges extremely easy than using a phone's browser. The graphs it displays are nice and remind me of bitcoinwisdom. It allows various time plotted graphs (5 min, 15 min, 30 min, etc). The app even gives access to the btc-e chatbox and has price notifications. I am very impressed with this app and the very few bugs experiences considering it is in beta. This app has it all and can replace the functions of many other apps.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: