Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: antminer S1: connect via LAN, setup WWAN, but can't access via wifi  (Read 2668 times)
domerdel (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:04:11 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 02:40:56 AM by domerdel

I have my ant miner s1 in the other room. when i configure it, i use the LAN to put all the setup info in. I was able to get a static WAN IP on my network, and while tethered, I configured the WWAN. I set a static IP for that and before I unplugged it, I could see my router recognize it as a wireless device. I proceed to do a software reboot on the miner, wait 3-5 mins, but when I go to my router, I do not see my static assigned wifi address (or even the mac address to the WWAN) look in my router for attached devices and I see the wireless static IP. I attempt to use that IP to connect to the interface, but it can never make a connection. I'd like to manage this via wifi. Is there something I'm missing? The manual just simply states how to scan for wifi, and add it... not so much how to manage the unit wirelessly.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:41:04 AM

Dont try using the wifi built in others have suggested adding a wifi bridge that seem to work.  I don't know much about those settings but the lan is easy and these run like champs.
GaryL

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:28:13 AM

Go to network-firewall and try change some settings, but it's very difficult to do it,
I can manage it from wifi, but i don't know what i've done exactly !
GiLa

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:54:14 AM

I ran 2 s1 on wifi for over a week saw no difference in performance.
was experiencing drop outs initially but used a 30dbi high gain antenna and saw no difference between hardwired and wifi

setting up wifi is quite easy once you have setup the lan side and got that working, then hit the wifi and scan add your wireless network in and that should be it.

everything else should be configured on the WAN, and if you stuff it up, just hit the reset button and reconfigure.

I will say the WRT module is bit slow so don't expect it to start hashing on wifi instantly it could take a good 5 minutes before starting.

when adding wifi DO NOT change any the IP settings on wifi, that's all done on the wan not wifi section.
domerdel (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:28:38 AM

I caved. I just drilled holes, climbed in the top crawl space and ran cat6 to the other room. My next problem is, it stops mining after 30 mins (beeping sound).

Chain 1   Fan 2220  Temp 39
Chain 2   Fan 0       Temp 42

I have a honeywell blowing air on it. I only have one mining pool set up.
BoogieMan82

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:05:59 PM

I caved. I just drilled holes, climbed in the top crawl space and ran cat6 to the other room. My next problem is, it stops mining after 30 mins (beeping sound).

Beeping means it doesn't have an active internet connection.
domerdel (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:27:53 AM

Beeping means it doesn't have an active internet connection.

It's wired in. The only thing I have to solve it, is a reboot. Is there a way where I can schedule it to reboot every 3 or 4 hours?
rotediablo

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:41:41 AM

see this thread to set S1's to auto reboot.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587268.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: