Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:41:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please HELP  (Read 743 times)
sharminsoft (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:47:10 AM

I tried to send 1.2 coins from one wallet to the other, I went to the receiving wallet hit copy, went to send from wallet and hit the past button. Hit send not thinking to DBL check that the addresses matched some how Multibit decided to choose a random wallet address and I can not cancel the transaction in process I have no idea where it got the wallet address. Is there any way to recover these coins? I can prove I sent them and to what address and I obviously meant to send them to my own wallet. New to multi bit assumed it would copy my wallet address and repaste it not some random one. I have the transaction record obviously which is being confirmed now by the block chain...

can I do anything or am I shit outta luck is there any multibit admin support? emails? I just regained access to these coins by forgetting my wallet password then send them to some random wallet.. I am tempted to send .1 coins with a message to please be honest and send me my coins back in the notes...

New sad frustrated user.. why would it not paste my wallet address and some random one, I just turned computer on I have copied no other wallet address to my clipboard.. so confused...

Sharmin Soft Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sharminsoft (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:04:28 AM

I know where I sent the coins back to where they came from. They always send me coins from that address and are very reputable they will probably wonder why they got a deposit. Sent them a email to get in touch I hope get back to me soon and reclaiming these trouble coins .. locked out for a month then sent to wrong place!!!

ugh
Yuki1988

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:35:45 AM

can I do anything or am I shit outta luck is there any multibit admin support? emails?

The only possible way to get your bitcoin back is to contact the receiver and ask him/her to send it back to you.
As you have already sent an email to him/her, you can only wait now, and hope he/she will return it to you.

sharminsoft (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:14:17 PM

can I do anything or am I shit outta luck is there any multibit admin support? emails?

The only possible way to get your bitcoin back is to contact the receiver and ask him/her to send it back to you.
As you have already sent an email to him/her, you can only wait now, and hope he/she will return it to you.

is there any way to lookup an email address associated with a wallet. I always noticed the send to email address function wondered how it figured out the wallet or does it send a link to the email?.

Coinbase is giving me the runaround says they have no control over the wallet they send me all my coins from, call bull shit on that. ANyone have a better coin vendor thats faster a week to clear is insane as well.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:41:27 PM

What was the response when you actually emailed support?

After explaining your situation etc.

sharminsoft (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:05:01 PM

What was the response when you actually emailed support?

After explaining your situation etc.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Coinbase Support! You have recent sent 1.25 BTC from your Coinbase wallet to the external address 1CaWHXthiAEmjLjfd6hJcftNy6v2N9LbAF (they wont even help me find out who this address belongs too, even tho their system obviously uses it..) Unfortunately, since this is an external address not under our control, we are unable to assist you in reclaiming these funds.

If you've imported your physical wallet's address back online, you may have transferred it to the new bitcoin address 1NeHA2EVboWE7GYUfSWMrmPQepUYXbASeb (they were sent here, recieved by 1CaWHX... according to Multibit transaction records). If so, you should have control over this address.

We're sorry we cannot be of further assistance! Thanks for using Coinbase!

Apr 25, 2014 07:46AM
Sharmin Soft

So basically I gave your company or a company u work with 1.249 coins by accident and I can't get them back no help from you guys whoever owns the mystery address is just going to keep them? What happens to them from there I'm looking into a lawyer this is bs .

Someone (entity) sends me funds from that wallet every time I withdraw from Coin Base. Funds are confirmed transferred. I know there are ways to get it back where did the go thin air?. I'm pissed because I did not want to send anything to coin base in first place. It was supposed to be a wallet to wallet on my computer. But the clip board clipped that address out of fing knowhere.

Please explain to me how no one can access that account and see "oh look at exactly this time these coins were deposited from this address that should not be. And send that back or better yet since ur not supposed to send funds there why does it accept them."

Can you please transfer me higher up the chain I can't afford to throw out 500+ dollars today maybe when I make 2 grand a week

Where is the customer support?

And there is another few pages of back and forth basically telling me to contact the address owner and I am like YOU OWN THE DAMN ADDRESS IF YOU DONT YOU ARE SENDING COINS FROM IT SO YOU KNOW WHO DOES DIRECT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION to which no avail. you'd think a decent person would get 1.249 coins out of no where might try and send them back to where they came from esp if they were not requested just appeared and this is a corporation??
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

If I were them I wouldn't reply to you anymore once you mentioned you have a lawyer.   Have your lawyer send them a letter.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:48:30 PM

So just curious you dont know if you ever made that address right? or know about it.

Have you checked on see if it was an old address you just forgot about?

Similar how Mt.Gox stored the bitcoins in a old wallet they forgot.

lapah

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:10:36 PM

I wish I can help you, but I`d be stuck in the same situation. So sorry that this happened to you.  Embarrassed
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:29:57 PM

Allow me to clear up a few things you are confused on, Sharmin Soft.

1. You sent the coins to an external address. This is your fault, your responsibility. They will probably (given enough time) be able to track those coins down, but given the nature of the Bitcoin protocol, and depending on how many transaction that address handles, it's going to be difficult. The trail seems to end with the following TX, which shows those 1.249 coins mixed into one output with other amounts.  https://blockchain.info/tx/23eb6f7beeafb57fe0fefaf39bdc6cdbd310f401862da010e202e9b81d09f61a

2. They are never going to help you once you pull the lawyer card. No American company will. We are a litigious society.

3. With Bitcoin, the onus is on the user to maintain accurate records and prevent self-fraud. There are no chargebacks.

4. NEVER, EVER trust an online wallet or exchange. None of them are as secure as you think. There is a plethora of information available on how to properly secure your funds. Paper wallets are my method of choice - look into them.

I wish you success in recovering your funds.
andrewhaas

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

All these exchanges will disappear one day soon because of the likes of Mt. Gox and others like it to follow.
You should never put your coins in any exchange for any extended amount of time.
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:49:48 AM

Always double check your address. I doubt coinbase can do anything since its your fault.
Soappa

Activity: 569

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:44:19 AM

Sorry to hear the loss, but as persons above explained, it will be hard for you to get back the bitcoin.

some how Multibit decided to choose a random wallet address

Huh

PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:02:17 PM

Huh
I was also puzzled by him, its either you didn't actually copy it, it should not be multibit's fault.
Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:18:49 PM

Huh
I was also puzzled by him, its either you didn't actually copy it, it should not be multibit's fault.

Could it be related to this? http://www.coindesk.com/chrome-extension-could-vulnerable-malware/
Though, it only mentioned exchange sites, but not multibit or any bitcoin wallet software.
How it steals coins

Software within the extension monitors web activity and looks for users who go to exchange sites such as Coinbase. During a transaction, the extension attempts to replace the receiving address with one of its own.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:44:32 PM

... I am like YOU OWN THE DAMN ADDRESS IF YOU DONT YOU ARE SENDING COINS FROM IT SO YOU KNOW WHO DOES DIRECT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION to which no avail.

They say the address is not theirs. What information leads you to believe it is their address?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: