Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Piper: the bitcoin paper wallet printer now supports Dogecoin and more!  (Read 1371 times)
glitch003 (OP)

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:28:51 AM

Hey Everyone,

If you haven't heard of Piper, check it out here: https://piperwallet.com.  Piper is a self contained hardware paper wallet printer, but it does more than just print wallets because it's powered by a Raspberry Pi which is a full computer.

We've sold over 300 units since we started making Piper last year.  We couldn't have done it without the support of the bitcoin community so thank you everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we've recently added Dogecoin, Feathercoin, and a whole bunch more alt coins (full list is on the FAQ on our website) to latest software release (v1.06).  You can switch which coin Piper prints by plugging in a mouse and display and going to the Settings tab of the Piper application. 

We've also added Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme, we made printing faster, and we added the ability to paste in any text and print it with the internal printer both as plain text or encoded as a QR code. 

Finally, we updated the copies of bitaddress.org and liteaddress.org and we added dogeaddress.com to the Piper software release. 

Thanks so much everyone for your support!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrBea

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Bitcorns

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:31:45 AM

Where do Piper owners download the update?

Gathering bitcorns.
mitzie
Legendary

Activity: 975
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:33:11 PM

I have been watching your project for some months now, and you have done wonderful work.

But please on the next piper release, add a thermal printer, so the printing will be instant, and dont wait for ~15 seconds.
I understand that the overall cost will be much higher, but you could sell both versions

Thanks!
glitch003 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:10:34 PM

Where do Piper owners download the update?

You can find updates, SD card images, and more at the Piper subreddit located here: http://www.reddit.com/r/piperwallet

Note: I have not released an update zip file for the latest software version (v1.06) yet, but I have released the SD card image.  So that means to update the software right now, you have to image your SD card with a computer.  I will be releasing an update zip file that you can put on a flash drive and stick into Piper to do the update without disassembling your Piper soon.

Thanks everyone!
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:03:13 AM

Since the default paper is thermal anyone have suggestions for a paper wallet that is a bit more reliable and can sit on the shelf without no worry?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
micaman

Activity: 345
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:19:33 PM

If we wish to use our own printer, do we have to buy yours or just the software?
glitch003 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:12:07 PM

Since the default paper is thermal anyone have suggestions for a paper wallet that is a bit more reliable and can sit on the shelf without no worry?

Piper will back your keys up to a flash drive if you wish.  So I keep my keys on paper and on a handful of flash drives distributed geographically around the world.  You can also use your own USB laser or inkjet printer.

If we wish to use our own printer, do we have to buy yours or just the software?

You can do it either way.  You can buy your own Raspberry Pi, which we sell preloaded with the Piper software here: http://cryptographi.com/products/raspberry-pi-w-piper-software-preinstalled

Or, you can just buy the Piper SD card which also comes preloaded with the Piper software (you'll need your own Raspberry Pi) here: http://cryptographi.com/products/piper-sd-card

Or, you can buy your own SD card and Raspberry Pi and flash it with our software image, which you can find here: http://piperwallet.com/sdimages/

In case anyone's wondering what the deal is with Cryptographi.com, it's the new company behind Piper.  We've just launched the new web store for Piper on Cryptographi.com so that is where you can now place your orders for Piper.

Thanks everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: