Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Posturing  (Read 1174 times)
rebuilder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 04:49:58 PM

when the slope down to around 6.4 occurred, there was a wall on the ask side, just above the bid prices, of about 1500 BTC being taken up and down continuously. Now there's one, about 1500 BTC, going up and down all the time on the bid side. Glitchy data, or something else?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 04:51:57 PM

when the slope down to around 6.4 occurred, there was a wall on the ask side, just above the bid prices, of about 1500 BTC being taken up and down continuously. Now there's one, about 1500 BTC, going up and down all the time on the bid side. Glitchy data, or something else?

Something else.  Somebody is having a bit of fun today.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:04:16 PM

Let me guess, you were watching on Mtgoxlive or something using the same feeding method.

This is one of two known bugs. Ignore it, it didn't happen. The two bugs are on new changes: one does and undoes them frequently, the other adds it twice, then undoes it a few iterations later.

Don't trust these order book pages, they're written by people who think it's funny to never do any sanity checks, never correct the view and induce extra madness. Best proof: the scale on the right side of Mtgoxlive. Come on, after seeing that, it's your fault for taking the site all too seriously. And the CPU usage should remove any remaining doubt of the joky nature of the page. It's CPU mining, isn't it? I hope so, because it's the only sane explanation for the performance. Tongue

I kinda miss Bitcoinity. That one was slower in updates, but fairly decent in what it displayed.
bitwiz

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:10:16 PM

And the CPU usage should remove any remaining doubt of the joky nature of the page. It's CPU mining, isn't it? I hope so, because it's the only sane explanation for the performance. Tongue

has someone checked this?! This would be such a K.O. for me. Mining with my nice little hot CPU.
rebuilder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:11:49 PM

I saw the ask wall going up and down on btccharts.com and bitcoin.clarkmoody.com. Didn't check the buy wall on clarkmoody, it was pretty brief. Doesn't mean it wasn't a glitch, of course.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:11:58 PM

Let me guess, you were watching on Mtgoxlive or something using the same feeding method.

This is one of two known bugs. Ignore it, it didn't happen. The two bugs are on new changes: one does and undoes them frequently, the other adds it twice, then undoes it a few iterations later.

Don't trust these order book pages, they're written by people who think it's funny to never do any sanity checks, never correct the view and induce extra madness. Best proof: the scale on the right side of Mtgoxlive. Come on, after seeing that, it's your fault for taking the site all too seriously. And the CPU usage should remove any remaining doubt of the joky nature of the page. It's CPU mining, isn't it? I hope so, because it's the only sane explanation for the performance. Tongue

I kinda miss Bitcoinity. That one was slower in updates, but fairly decent in what it displayed.

CPU usage is caused by JS engine in a browser which constantly updates the page. before suggesting CPU mining check page's html and js sources. from what i remember seeing some other sites in the past implementing browser miner - browser would throw a red flag notification that something maybe going on in the background and whether you want to proceed or not.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:12:04 PM

+1 on MTGOxLive. I can't believe that in 2012 it is still impossible to display a live graph on the screen.

I used to have issues with Bitcoinity too though, always messing up the graphs.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:02:23 PM

CPU usage is caused by JS engine in a browser which constantly updates the page. before suggesting CPU mining check page's html and js sources. from what i remember seeing some other sites in the past implementing browser miner - browser would throw a red flag notification that something maybe going on in the background and whether you want to proceed or not.

The fan on my poor little netbook goes into hyper-drive when I use mtgoxlive.

Flappy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:46:28 AM

for browser mining you need a webgl compatible browser

Not for cpu mining.  You can do that with javascript.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: