Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: From the outside looking in, bitcoiners are seen as racist.  (Read 1309 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:46:23 AM

All thanks to this headline: New Bitcoin Movie Introduces You To The Many White Dudes Working On Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:53:10 AM

Who cares about these idiots? The tech sector as a whole is dominated by white males. Every ethnic group has their own strongholds. Historically, the tech sector had been dominated by White males, just like the Jews who dominate the banking sector. That said, normally I don't read crap articles posted by Kashmir Hill. She is a hard core feminist, and always complain about everything.
Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:12:41 AM

From a sub-100 IQ looking in, Bitcoiners may be seen as racist.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:15:13 AM

I'm not surprised. The number of Racists comments that have to be deleted here or fly by in the various bitcoin chatrooms is disheartening. Unfortunately most people here have the social skills of Mark Karples while simultaneously self-convinced of their everlasting eternal awesome. The unseasonably smart are also  most frequently the unseasonably stupid as well.

more or less retired.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:19:55 AM

As usual Anarchists/Libertarians are labelled as racists just because of a few white supremacists and xenophobes spamming the boards, where the fuck do journalists get this stuff? Oh wait, probably me trolling people like them lololololol Cheesy I wonder if people like her are otrkid or hilariousandco posing as Bitcoin users?
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:28:17 AM

One of the odd things I'm finding on this forum is the alarming number of ignorant racists posting here. It's very odd. Our friend Bryant (poster number 2, above) yesterday admitted he was a supporter of Neo-Nazism. Hopefully, the Bitcoin community has enough smart people to compensate.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:29:38 AM

Our friend Bryant (poster number 2, above) yesterday admitted he was a supporter of Neo-Nazism.

Where?

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:31:48 AM

Where?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581580.msg6367859#msg6367859

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:20:13 AM

Yeah I must be missing something, can people please post links to these racists threads.  I've been getting the overwhelming feeling the Bitcoin was used to help people all over the world and this just seems so far from the truth that I'd like some help understanding how this is possible.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:22:59 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 08:34:35 AM by Lethn

It's probably the few morons we have spamming like they do, either that or the news journalists are making shit up again, since they can't claim we're terrorists and criminals they'll probably make it up we're a bunch of racists.
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:35:42 AM

Yeah I must be missing something, can people please post links to these racists threads.  I've been getting the overwhelming feeling the Bitcoin was used to help people all over the world and this just seems so far from the truth that I'd like some help understanding how this is possible.

The politics section is where I noticed it really. Plenty of Islamophobia and Xeonophobia. Before that, there were numerous anti-Semitic comments about MK (granted, I have no idea what his religion is, but his Jewishness is oft referred to). Even yesterday there were very odd comments about "Negroes" and "cotton picking".

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:46:12 AM

Now, please dont start reservation based on skin color in Bitcoin world. All skins have their own set of intelligent people and when they get into bitcoin, they'll eventually make their own place. In the name of racism, we should not spoil the intellectual edge that bitcoin has. By the way, Satoshi Nakamoto, if assumed as a Japanese descendant, is not a white male. Nor is Charlie Shrem, Bobby Lee or Amir Taaki. All of them are Asian descendant. So none need to worry about white male domination.

theFork

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:50:29 AM

Racism is not inherently bad.

The word has been co-opted and infused with loaded meanings

each person can choose to like or not like individuals or cultures based on race as well as other factors.

An anti Racist is anti-free choice.

I do not agree with various racially aligned practices eg Sati.

People don't generally discriminate on skin colour, but on the stereo types, because they are common, and look for obvious ways to identify a particular group with common behavior. Skin color happens to sometimes line up with some seterotypes.

The sound byte age we live in has confused skin colour with behavioral types

Leogheo

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:58:19 AM

they are idiots. For everyone it's obvious. Who cares what they are talking about us?
bitcatch

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:09:10 AM

From the outside looking in, NBA players are seen as racist.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:03:01 AM

The Bitcoin/cryptocurrency community is probably the greatest meritocracy that has ever existed. On the internet, nobody cares what race/color you are.

I have learned that people who call other people racist are usually very racist themselves. They just use P.C. to cover it up. Many years ago, I once made reference to an email at work looking like a Nigerian 419 Scam. I was immediately accused of being racist by the two new black employees and they began being hostile towards me. This eventually resulted in a hearing.

At the hearing, these two guys made up a bunch of stuff about how racist I was, even accusing me of using the n-word. Shortly after their testimony, my wife showed up and their mouths just dropped wide open. At that time I was married to a beautiful half Asian-half African lady. With her tight curly hair and her ebony colored skin, most people thought that she was from Africa. The hearings guy basically just laughed at the accusations and threw out the case. A couple days later, both of my accusers were fired.

When traveling internationally, I often wear my Honey Badger Bitcoin t-shirt. It is a great conversation starter with random people. They are almost always Asian. The only guys to show interest in my t-shirt while living in Kenya were from China.

Bitcoin was started by Satoshi Nakamoto...does that sound like a white male name to anybody? Sounds Japanese to me.

Bitcoin is totally decentralized. Anybody can invest in Bitcoin. Anybody can develop a product around Bitcoin. Anybody can buy bitcoins, put them on paper wallets, and start educating and selling them to their family, friends, neighbors, ect.

The greatest thing is that Bitcoin doesn't care about all this stuff I just wrote about. It is all irrelevant. It is the honey badger of money.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:20:39 AM

You're right Pente, when I was young I was bothered by racism like everybody else, even had a couple of racist comments towards me because I'm white ( I currently live in a shit hole of a town that low and behold has some people who aren't white that are racist in it ) but after awhile I just got bored of seeing that kind of hypocritical double standards bullshit again and again. Racism and Race is irrelevant, anybody who takes such things seriously and acts hypersensitive about it has an alternative agenda, feel free to alert me when you see someone getting beaten up over their race and I'll defend the person being attacked to the death, but whining about somebody saying something on an internet forum or making a stupid ignorant comment is just going to get you mocked.
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:45:57 AM

bitcoin only a hobby for young white males, proclaiming themselves to be the intellectual elite and trying to get rich from their parent's basement spread freedom and "educate" the stupid masses about the supremacy of their internet money? that's a bit far-fetched.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:20:25 PM

I have yet to see any man or woman of a different race to me.
Humans have a range of colours, traits and attitudes etc, but they're still the same race.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:23:14 PM

I have yet to see any man or woman of a different race to me.
Humans have a range of colours, traits and attitudes etc, but they're still the same race.

Agreed. If only everyone would treat each other equally.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: