Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:32:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New "What is Bitcoin?" Video  (Read 885 times)
Bitcoin++ (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:58:47 AM

A new Bitcoin video has just been uploaded by WeUseCoins. In my opinion it gives a much better presentation to beginners than the old “What is Bitcoin?” video did.

Big thanks to WeUseCoins for promoting Bitcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2en3nHxA4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:05:20 PM

I am sorry what is better in that video than in original one?

It is almost the same ... and if this is so new why they put a fee 0.0005BTC when it is 0.0001BTC in most cases?

Thanks for sharing. I think video is good ... but it is almost a same with a original... and I think original (old one) is better.

Edited: Both videos are very good Wink
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:55:43 PM

It's kind of an update rather than an improvement.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:13:16 PM

It's kind of an update rather than an improvement.

Yes well.. it is "updated" but not really up to date like I was saying.

http://youtu.be/Gc2en3nHxA4?t=18s   0.0005BTC ... lol
Bitcoin++ (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:50:45 AM

The beginnings are almost identical but after 28 sec the new video explains that BTC is a currency exchangeable with EUR, USD etc. It goes on with how easy it is to use a wallet and to make purchases. The old video, however, explains mining and the technical limit in the number of bitcoins.

In my opinion this subtle difference is a very big improvement. Say you just started using BTC and share this on Facebook. If you attach the new video I believe more people will give it a try.

I embedded both videos on my blog. If you have a big screen you can play both at the same time to see the differences.
http://bitcoinplusplus.com/2014/04/excellent-new-bitcoin-promo-video/
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:21:11 AM

I look forward to checking it out.  I have to admit the older ones are very outdated and it was time for a newer version.  Thanks for letting us know and thanks to WeUseCoins for the work they've done.  Let's hope it is very successful and many people get an idea of what Bitcoin has to offer.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:02:04 AM

Will check this video, I'm already familiar with BTC but I like to watch different bitcoin videos as It has some useful information most of the time. Also please post links like that in beginner section, videos like these would help them alot to move forward.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:47:51 AM

Will check this video, I'm already familiar with BTC but I like to watch different bitcoin videos as It has some useful information most of the time. Also please post links like that in beginner section, videos like these would help them alot to move forward.

Newbies should visit  http://bitcoin.org.  :-) before they starts to use bitcoin.
Soappa

Activity: 569

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:58:17 AM

The beginnings are almost identical but after 28 sec the new video explains that BTC is a currency exchangeable with EUR, USD etc. It goes on with how easy it is to use a wallet and to make purchases. The old video, however, explains mining and the technical limit in the number of bitcoins.

In my opinion this subtle difference is a very big improvement. Say you just started using BTC and share this on Facebook. If you attach the new video I believe more people will give it a try.

To be honest, an ordinary users don't really need to know the details of mining and the technical aspects. They would just find it difficulty to understand, and get confused.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:08:37 AM

I think the new one is better. The first one is telling everyone what is bitcoin and what it can do. The new one tells you how easy to use it.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 11:15:25 AM

very good, cool!

Jakesor

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:40:52 AM

There is nothing new in this video, but it is still good enough
Bitcoin++ (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:56:19 AM

To be honest, an ordinary users don't really need to know the details of mining and the technical aspects. They would just find it difficulty to understand, and get confused.

Indeed. I didn't take Bitcoin serious at first when I heard all this talk about "mining"Cheesy Unfortunately for me ...
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:58:42 AM

There is nothing new in this video, but it is still good enough

There is "something" new ... but it is highly similar to what it was before Smiley

Anyway indeed - great videos.
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:06:06 AM

good video!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:10:37 AM

Well I personally think the original video was better but it's fine, the new one have more detailed explainations
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:03:58 AM

From few days someone paid Youtube adverts to put his Bitcoin video on top Smiley

Great! Smiley and video is not too bad at all !!!!

What do you guys think ?? -> LINK : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qaIJed_w4
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:51:59 AM

From few days someone paid Youtube adverts to put his Bitcoin video on top Smiley

That's a pretty neat video!

One complaint or point of critique though: they way it's currently demonstrated, novice users may get the impression you actually have to enter addresses manually, or even remember them. Like email addresses. The way it's shown in the video is as if the address is literally being typed in.

When explaning Bitcoin, when it comes to addresses, I always stress the fact that you NEVER have to remember or manually enter an address. It's all just clicking links, scanning QR, or at most (in rare cases) copy/paste. And I totally leave the concept of private keys outside the discussion. Bitcoin is overwhelming enough as it is, for noobs. No need to trouble them with private keys. Just like for practical use of Bitcoin, they don't need to know about elliptic curve cryprography or hashes either.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
btcworm

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:56:25 PM

Haven't seen the old one...but this is quite good.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:56:35 PM

That's a pretty neat video!

One complaint or point of critique though: they way it's currently demonstrated, novice users may get the impression you actually have to enter addresses manually, or even remember them. Like email addresses. The way it's shown in the video is as if the address is literally being typed in.

When explaning Bitcoin, when it comes to addresses, I always stress the fact that you NEVER have to remember or manually enter an address. It's all just clicking links, scanning QR, or at most (in rare cases) copy/paste. And I totally leave the concept of private keys outside the discussion. Bitcoin is overwhelming enough as it is, for noobs. No need to trouble them with private keys. Just like for practical use of Bitcoin, they don't need to know about elliptic curve cryprography or hashes either.

I agree - it is not perfect Smiley

But it is very good and it will have a lot of views till it is "advertised". Smiley

I have to make my video in English - It was done in Polish but I need to make a translation Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: