Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:26:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: False Feedback  (Read 730 times)
JJPasak (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:52:01 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 10:16:56 AM by JJPasak

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:09:29 PM

Hello,

Once I was entering e-Token giveaway when I saw my account at multipool got hacked. I wrote multipool about it and accidentaly CTRL+V that stealers address to e-Token giveaway, now I have -6 trust points. Please, is this fixable somehow?

No. You need to work it out with the person that left you the negative.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:04:46 PM

Hello,

Once I was entering e-Token giveaway when I saw my account at multipool got hacked. I wrote multipool about it and accidentaly CTRL+V that stealers address to e-Token giveaway, now I have -6 trust points. Please, is this fixable somehow?

Once you get enough trusted members to leave you feedback, that number can go up.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 08:25:44 AM

Something that might be a nice option would be a reply function in the trust feedback that would give you a chance to show evidence that the accusation is unfounded especially in cases were a user is no longer active.

I also think that ALL feedback should be limited in amount that can be written to prevent massive diatribes.  Possibly 300-500 characters for a shot in the dark figure make people utilize the reference functionality.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:42:45 AM

Something that might be a nice option would be a reply function in the trust feedback that would give you a chance to show evidence that the accusation is unfounded especially in cases were a user is no longer active.

I also think that ALL feedback should be limited in amount that can be written to prevent massive diatribes.  Possibly 300-500 characters for a shot in the dark figure make people utilize the reference functionality.

There is already a Reply, it's called giving feedback. If you follow the Trust trail you will generally figure out if the Trust is valid or not.
I do agree a character limit would be a good thing.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:43:48 PM

Sounds like a system is flawed to me.  If you cross paths with the wrong person or persons they can ruin your rep..  Then you have to go looking for others to make it right by making them trust you.  Sounds like a hassle and needs a tweak or two so people don't abuse the system.
Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:30:08 PM

10 hour until time i release your dox to public Smiley
you cry now as you get caught. You cry a lot more when internet get your detail Wink

no one sympathy for lying scammer piece of shit.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:32:32 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 10:51:12 AM by mprep

Sounds like a system is flawed to me.  If you cross paths with the wrong person or persons they can ruin your rep..  Then you have to go looking for others to make it right by making them trust you.  Sounds like a hassle and needs a tweak or two so people don't abuse the system.
Every system is flawed, however, you misunderstood what Trust the trust system is made for. It means you should only pay attention to the people you "trust" (hence the name). That's what the Trusted and Untrusted feedback, the "Trust list" in the Trust settings and the notice bellow the Untrusted feedback, which goes like this:

Untrusted feedback

These ratings are from people who are not in your trust network. They may be totally inaccurate.

is meant for. Trust is not Reputation. It's meant to highlight the Reputation you trust.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:37:20 AM

Sounds like a system is flawed to me.  If you cross paths with the wrong person or persons they can ruin your rep..  Then you have to go looking for others to make it right by making them trust you.  Sounds like a hassle and needs a tweak or two so people don't abuse the system.
Every system is flawed, however, you misunderstood what Trust the trust system is made for. It means you should only pay attention to the people you "trust" (hence the name). That's what the Trusted and Untrusted feedback, the "Trust list" in the Trust settings and the notice bellow the Untrusted feedback, which goes like this:
Untrusted feedback

These ratings are from people who are not in your trust network. They may be totally inaccurate.

is meant for. Trust is not Reputation. It's meant to highlight the Reputation you trust.

Precisely. Feedback records your trades and reputation. The trust system is then simply going over your feedback with a highlighter and picking out the reputation that you trust i.e is on your trust list.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Danglebee

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

piece of shit admit to me he scam user for 0.5 btc.
admin can read my inbox and verify if want.

must be sad when only source income is scam.

We make call to his mummy and daddy to tell what piece of shit child is up to =)

Danglebee

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:53:09 PM

we also send email to piece of shits ISP =)
They decide if want piece of shit user breaking there term of service.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:20:53 PM

Untrusted feedback

Precisely. Feedback records your trades and reputation. The trust system is then simply going over your feedback with a highlighter and picking out the reputation that you trust i.e is on your trust list.

I have to agree with that.  I don't have a good understanding of the Trust system and I look forward to getting a better understanding of it when I've got some extra time.  I'll be sure to refer back to this post.  Thanks for the breakdown of how it works friends.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: