Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:46:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I wear to work in the server room  (Read 900 times)
gallery2000 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:20:27 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 02:51:43 PM by gallery2000

My server room is very hot, 99 degree F.  

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:26:12 PM

Is... is this a serious question?

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:27:59 PM

My server room is very hot, 99 degree F.  Can I work in the server room naked or is there a cool suit for me?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:33:18 PM

My server room is very hot, 99 degree F.  Can I work in the server room naked or is there a cool suit for me?

Back in my GPU days my garage would reach 115F easily.  I wore just my boxers and tried not to stay in there too long.
InvalidSnack

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:58:11 PM

My server room is very hot, 99 degree F.  Can I work in the server room naked or is there a cool suit for me?

Like Dogie, I'm not sure if this was a serious question or not -- but just in case it was:

Background:

I have a family member with a medical condition (which I won't try to remember how to spell) that basically amounts to "his brain doesn't regulate his body's temperature very well."  So he has to be very careful about getting heat stroke, dehydration, stuff like that.  He described it to me saying it was basically like he's just missing the part of his brain that normally would tell us: "Hey, we're thirsty, go drink some water!" or "Okay, this room is REALLY hot, we need to sweat more and drop our blood pressure and try to cool off."  It's apparently a pretty serious condition; I've seen him at holidays playing basketball, looking normal one minute...and then a half hour later he looked like he was on the verge of death or something.  Fortunately he has a very loving wife who he asks to "keep an eye on him" at times like this...but...scary, you know?

So I'm probably more likely than others to take this question seriously, since I know there could be a serious reason you're asking it -- and since he works on old cars, he runs into this problem sometimes working in his garage during the hot summer months.  And so he started looking for exactly what gallery2000 called it "a cool suit."  And that's actually what it was called, I think -- maybe it might be "cooling suits," but it's the same kind of language.  Basically it is just a special kind of fiber that has a couple different layers and it's supposed to aid in evaporation and make sweating "more efficient" in cooling you off.  He used to have to order that stuff off the Internet, and it came in like 2 colors, lol, and it never really fit right, and was expensive as all hell.

Fortunately, you've probably *seen* this kind of material in the past and not even realized it--because in recent years it's being used for football (both the international and US version), basketball, and other sports...and particularly for runners/joggers.   You don't have to buy it online anymore, and it's not expensive at all.  I actually saw a sale at Wal-mart maybe 6 months ago and we grabbed a few shirts/shorts for him because it was maybe $9.99 for each; they just called it some dumb name like "High Tech Activewear" or whatever, but the smaller print on the tag said it "aided in the body's natural cooling" and blah blah blah, I think I'm probably going *way* too much in detail and answering WAY more than you actually needed, because the part inside my brain that should say "Shut up you're talking too much" apparently doesn't regulate my rate of speech very well. :)

tl;dr:  They sell it everywhere now, it's not very expensive; I know Target and Walmart carry it in the men's activewear/sportswear sections; it looks like anything else but if you feel it you'll be able to tell it's 2 layers of very, very fine mesh material.  Also, you can look at the label and see what materials are used:  normally I wouldn't want to work out in something made of polyester or other artificial materials, since they tend to get very hot...but this stuff will feel very cool to the touch and be made of *entirely* artificial stuff, no cotton or anything like that.  (I think it was like 30% nylon, 30% polyester, 20% rayon, 20% lycra ... some crazy combo of stuff you'd normally not want to wear in hot weather.)  The brand I've seen sold at Wal-mart and Target was "Under Armour," if you're having trouble finding it.

So if this wasn't a joke, and you actually wanted some info, then there you go.  If it was a joke, then...there you go, anyway.   :)

Someone insert that GI-JOE "Knowing is half the battle" youtube clip here, please and thank you...and I believe our work here is finished. :)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:04:21 PM

Is... is this a serious question?

For wearing in an well designed server room (a zip up sweater on one side and using the sweater around your waist on the other)

Very hard to tell......BUT if a question like that needs to be asked in seriousness....and if said server room is 99 degrees F on the cold aisle....you have a serious problem on your hands. A well designed server room needs to have a cold side and a hot side (intake/exhaust) think of it as a giant PC case you can walk into. Similar airflow dynamics apply in a much more macro-sized scale.

Simply put, coldest where the air is being sucked in from, hot with some serious ventilation taking the air out. But damn 99 degrees.....get some some bacon and eggs crack em open right on the cases and get fryin. The hardware itself will be MUCH hotter than 99 degrees.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
gallery2000 (OP)

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:46:04 PM

My server room is very hot, 99 degree F.  Can I work in the server room naked or is there a cool suit for me?

Like Dogie, I'm not sure if this was a serious question or not -- but just in case it was:

Background:

I have a family member with a medical condition (which I won't try to remember how to spell) that basically amounts to "his brain doesn't regulate his body's temperature very well."  So he has to be very careful about getting heat stroke, dehydration, stuff like that.  He described it to me saying it was basically like he's just missing the part of his brain that normally would tell us: "Hey, we're thirsty, go drink some water!" or "Okay, this room is REALLY hot, we need to sweat more and drop our blood pressure and try to cool off."  It's apparently a pretty serious condition; I've seen him at holidays playing basketball, looking normal one minute...and then a half hour later he looked like he was on the verge of death or something.  Fortunately he has a very loving wife who he asks to "keep an eye on him" at times like this...but...scary, you know?

So I'm probably more likely than others to take this question seriously, since I know there could be a serious reason you're asking it -- and since he works on old cars, he runs into this problem sometimes working in his garage during the hot summer months.  And so he started looking for exactly what gallery2000 called it "a cool suit."  And that's actually what it was called, I think -- maybe it might be "cooling suits," but it's the same kind of language.  Basically it is just a special kind of fiber that has a couple different layers and it's supposed to aid in evaporation and make sweating "more efficient" in cooling you off.  He used to have to order that stuff off the Internet, and it came in like 2 colors, lol, and it never really fit right, and was expensive as all hell.

Fortunately, you've probably *seen* this kind of material in the past and not even realized it--because in recent years it's being used for football (both the international and US version), basketball, and other sports...and particularly for runners/joggers.   You don't have to buy it online anymore, and it's not expensive at all.  I actually saw a sale at Wal-mart maybe 6 months ago and we grabbed a few shirts/shorts for him because it was maybe $9.99 for each; they just called it some dumb name like "High Tech Activewear" or whatever, but the smaller print on the tag said it "aided in the body's natural cooling" and blah blah blah, I think I'm probably going *way* too much in detail and answering WAY more than you actually needed, because the part inside my brain that should say "Shut up you're talking too much" apparently doesn't regulate my rate of speech very well. Smiley

tl;dr:  They sell it everywhere now, it's not very expensive; I know Target and Walmart carry it in the men's activewear/sportswear sections; it looks like anything else but if you feel it you'll be able to tell it's 2 layers of very, very fine mesh material.  Also, you can look at the label and see what materials are used:  normally I wouldn't want to work out in something made of polyester or other artificial materials, since they tend to get very hot...but this stuff will feel very cool to the touch and be made of *entirely* artificial stuff, no cotton or anything like that.  (I think it was like 30% nylon, 30% polyester, 20% rayon, 20% lycra ... some crazy combo of stuff you'd normally not want to wear in hot weather.)  The brand I've seen sold at Wal-mart and Target was "Under Armour," if you're having trouble finding it.

So if this wasn't a joke, and you actually wanted some info, then there you go.  If it was a joke, then...there you go, anyway.   Smiley

Someone insert that GI-JOE "Knowing is half the battle" youtube clip here, please and thank you...and I believe our work here is finished. Smiley

Yes, my hypothalamus was under developed. 

I worked in my garage naked all the time with lot of water... but at work they said I have to wear cloth even with my medical condition.  Even with a doctor's note, they would not let me work without clothes on.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:16:38 PM

Thong.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:21:12 PM

Background:

Fortunately, you've probably *seen* this kind of material in the past and not even realized it--because in recent years it's being used for football (both the international and US version), basketball, and other sports...and particularly for runners/joggers.   You don't have to buy it online anymore, and it's not expensive at all.  I actually saw a sale at Wal-mart maybe 6 months ago and we grabbed a few shirts/shorts for him because it was maybe $9.99 for each; they just called it some dumb name like "High Tech Activewear" or whatever, but the smaller print on the tag said it "aided in the body's natural cooling" and blah blah blah, I think I'm probably going *way* too much in detail and answering WAY more than you actually needed, because the part inside my brain that should say "Shut up you're talking too much" apparently doesn't regulate my rate of speech very well. Smiley

So if this wasn't a joke, and you actually wanted some info, then there you go.  If it was a joke, then...there you go, anyway.   Smiley

Someone insert that GI-JOE "Knowing is half the battle" youtube clip here, please and thank you...and I believe our work here is finished. Smiley

Yes, my hypothalamus was under developed.  

I worked in my garage naked all the time with lot of water... but at work they said I have to wear cloth even with my medical condition.  Even with a doctor's note, they would not let me work without clothes on.
Doctor's Note:
For medical reasons this man must work naked at all times.

Fair enough... but perhaps slip on a pair of boxers just so you don't distract your co-workers?  Not polyester ones, they're too hot.  Maybe that activewear materal mentioned above.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
chairforce1

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:23:16 PM

This is hands down the most useful thread I've come across in the last 10 minutes.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:45:09 AM

What kind of sever room is this?  Alarm bells ring (metaphorically speaking) when the temperature gets above 75F in our server room.  No way on earth would they let it approach 99F.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:28:54 AM

"It puts the hasher in the basket."

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:49:12 AM

"It puts the hasher in the casket."

FTFY lol. Especially with those temps going on in a server room.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:15:17 AM

If your "server room" is 99F it's not a server room. It's a room that you put servers in. Get yourself a CRAC and lower your temps to around 50F and you can call it a server room.

DAYAGO

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:08:59 AM

Might as well work naked. If somebody asks you where are your clothes, just look at the directly into their eyes and say: "I sacrificed my clothes to my lord, Catman"
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:39:05 AM

If you work naked and they look at your junk can you claim sexual harassment? lol

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:47:17 AM

Should really cool things down in there Tongue
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:52:33 AM

I've worked in many hot server rooms.  As long as there is air flow (doesn't need to be cooled air) you can work quite comfortably in light clothing.

The human temperature control system (sweating) is so awesome it let us rule the animal kingdom and become king of the world.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:46:23 AM

i am here.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:11:47 AM

are you trolling? you want to wear a fireman suite? just go in naked or wearing light cloths and do what you have to do and leave <.<
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: