Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:54:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anywhere that you can rent hashpower that actually is profitable??  (Read 816 times)
3LEM3NT (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:37:41 AM

I'm new to mining and I have .2 BTC.

If it is possible to actually make money with this, can someone tell me where to go and rent it. And how much hash I can expect to get for my .2 BTC?

What would you do??

I asked this question a few months back and everyone just said it was a ripoff. I am hoping this has changed.

I can find the coins to mine.

Thanks guys
jaft16

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:02:02 PM

That will depend on a few factors.
If you pick the right coin at the right time you could make a good profit these days.
Cinni is a good example for you. if you rented a rig to mine CINNI at first day you would have made a good profit on the exchanges and look at AC WC they were good recently.
I would say yes you can make money on by doing that.
 Smiley

usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:39:32 PM

That will depend on a few factors.
If you pick the right coin at the right time you could make a good profit these days.
Cinni is a good example for you. if you rented a rig to mine CINNI at first day you would have made a good profit on the exchanges and look at AC WC they were good recently.
I would say yes you can make money on by doing that.
 Smiley
Yes, and if you pick wrong coin, you could lose most of your tiny investment, because some coins are just worthless.
activecoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Just Do It!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:19:24 PM

leaserig.net is new to me and I have yet to use it but plan to, it is very clear how much hash you will receive for your btc and for how long, good luck

3LEM3NT (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:56:01 PM

Any other places guys?
vikandrey

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:54:53 PM

better make some trades "buy low - sell high"

i had made 0.2x btc mining from december t'll 2weeks ago, and in 2 days of trading i doubled my btc..
but this has a risk also, because i got some altcoins and now from 0.4btc i have arround 0.25-0.34btc(depends on the value of the alts)

cheerz!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:55:34 PM

for the people who made money on cinni there is an equal amount of people who lost money..

FUD first & ask questions later™
mailmansDOG

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:58:28 PM

PBmining Currently at 0.0056 BTC / GHs

3LEM3NT (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:29:31 AM

Anywhere else?
go4nature

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:11:50 AM

You can make more money in trading or selling and buying at localbitcoins.com

antonioc

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:44:44 PM

Check out cloudminingreport.com, it's a cloud mining review site.
www.cloudminingreport.com

Mining Bitcoin In The Cloud From 0.56 BTC For 100 GH/s
www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1866625
RentaMouse

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:04:17 AM

I have made money leasing rigs, but thats mainly because I have my own mining hardware too so spotted a couple of opportunities like CINNI before most people did. Usually people leasing their rigs do so at a rate slightly higher than they think they will be getting mining on their usual pool, so its always going to be hard to beat them.

People will recommend various cloud hashing services, I myself have a referral link for Scrypt.cc in my signature below so its pretty obvious what my preference is Smiley Trying to be unbiased though, and having posted in several threads like this, I will say its not just about the cheapest hash rate or highest return, you need to look at all the angles. I've tried to simplify it into a few questions:

1) SHA256 or Scrypt? The latter is more profitable but potentially less stable, with a lot of new ASICs due to be released in the coming months. I'll assume not SHA256 as this is the altcoin forum
2) Are you looking for a longterm investment into mining (6+ months) where you manage what coins you are mining? If so consider buying hosted hardware from somewhere like gawminers.com or Farmshares, but you really need at least BTC0.5 minimum.
3) Want a shorter term option that you can get out of if you need? Cloud mining exchanges like Scryptmining.com and Scrypt.cc have exchanges where you can buy & sell KHS, and you earn mining income whilst you hold KHS. Over time the value of your KHS is likely to decrease but the mining income should more than make up for it. You don't get any control over the coins your KHS mine though, you're relying on the "experts" who run the service to make those decisions and return the best rewards for you.
4) When you've narrowed it down to a couple of sites do a bit more research, don't rely on "reward calculators" on the website, see if you can find some user reports. Also remember you don't have to put all your money in one place, consider splitting it across a couple of sites if possible - it will reduce the risk of losing it all and also allow you to compare performance.
5) Pay attention to crypto news and developments, how will they affect your chosen investment? Is a new Scrypt ASIC coming on the market going to render all other Scrypt miners obsolete, or is your cloud mining service changing their fees soon which might cause the price per KHS to halve?
6) Keep records of your investments & returns so you can track net value over time, setup a Google spreadsheet and remember to update it! If your net worth is consistently decreasing  or your ROI keeps dropping then ask yourself if you should maybe do something else?

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: