Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Burn: Slimcoin can be mined competativly on a Rasberry Pi!  (Read 7011 times)
pirlos

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:44:22 AM

I hope this coin is not dead after mining it.
slimcoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 02:48:05 AM

This coin aint dying.  Cheesy

-Much Donate
BTC-1D5pnma7E1CP6cquHujycVy79EyXJ3eY
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:18:54 AM

I'm deeply interested in this one! Could it even be mined by a PIC or an Arduino? It would rock the crypto world if you can pull this one, everyone could have miners and nodes up 24/7.

slimcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:25:23 AM

It could be mined by a very weak computer, it is not intensive at all. The only problem with Arduino and also Raspberry Pi mining is that they do not have an x86 chip set and the code that I have currently is for x86. That is not to say it could not be ported over; I used the Raspberry Pi as an example of how little resource would be needed.

-Much Donate
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:29:22 AM

It could be mined by a very weak computer, it is not intensive at all. The only problem with Arduino and also Raspberry Pi mining is that they do not have an x86 chip set and the code that I have currently is for x86. That is not to say it could not be ported over; I used the Raspberry Pi as an example of how little resource would be needed.

I guess you could even run it on an OpenWRT router... ain't it? this could be a reason to revive lots of old devices i have laying around doing nothing but collecting dust Cheesy Also, it opens up the floodgates to Mips and ARM mining... interesting

slimcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:35:34 AM

All it requires is a few SHA256 hashes every ~90 seconds, which practically any machine can handle.

-Much Donate
Cuslado

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:19:46 AM

POB sounds interesting, but you are not the first one
katak

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:09:24 AM

miners are not gonna like it... so let's all use a 386 computer if CPC464 won't work! :p
wxh

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:36:00 AM

Interesting concept.

It's good to see that there are developers out there looking to try new things, instead of re-hashing the same old algos over and again. I

and there is no ipo and no premine..

hope it has a wonderful future.

Cheesy

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.T5DYt31riPPBdwPg55Uqoh7Dw6w5YWoVwA
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:41:22 AM

Who will be the dev ? slimcoin ? Any other ?
Ge

Activity: 229

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:14:20 AM

Can you give us more informations about some kind of launch date or can you tell us how you will proceed for the launch of the money, number of coin, premine, etc ... If it is not precisily, give us some outlines.

Human
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:15:18 AM

If you are actually that interested, the website "slimcoin.org" has more information.

I have also written a white paper (semi-technical document) on exactly how the new designs implemented in Slimcoin work. I will have that up in the following week.

i am that interested so i did first thing i noticed is you've abbreviated it as SMC but smartcoin uses that, how about SLM?
zx

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:21:36 AM

This is a very interesting idea, do you have any code ready for it? Also when are you going to be releasing everything?

but we should more information about this coin/

thanks so much

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.SmoXVpomvJde2fBe4R7WZxxiCa1JNPHo2Z
tijyoras

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

how to get coins initially?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:02:23 PM

this need his own miner if i'm correct, right?
mably

Activity: 376
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:25:10 PM

Is "Proof of burn" really that "green"?

People will most probably build huge mining computers or even server farms running thousands of "POB mining" processes in order to increase their chance to obtain the block reward.

But what will the real ROI be if everbody can mine with its personal phone/tablet/computer/etc.?  Probably peanuts.

It will be interesting to see how it goes though.  Waiting to learn more about it.
mably

Activity: 376
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:52:56 PM

Was just thinking about it: is it possible that, in case of too many people mining, more coins are burned than mined?
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:07:07 PM

Have more information?
slimcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 08:38:58 PM

Here is some general information about Slimcoin:

If you guys have any questions, please ask.

Specifications:
  • Uses Dcrypt algorithm, an algorithm made to be difficult to implement on an ASIC.
                  This is done so that by the time any ASICs are made, Proof-of-Burn hash became bigger than Proof-of-Wok
  • Tri-Hybrid Blocks: Proof-of-Burn blocks, Proof-of-Stake blocks, Proof-of-Work blocks
  • Block time is 1.5 minutes (90 seconds)
  • Difficulty re-targets continuously
  • Block Rewards:
    • Proof-of-Burn blocks: max 250 coins
    • Proof-of-Work blocks: max 50 coins
    • *I have not yet fully decided on these rewards, so they may change*
  • Block rewards decrease in value as the difficulty increases
  • Total 2 billion coins

Proof of Burn and Low Power Requirements:
        Proof-of-Burn mining is different from Proof-of-Work mining. More computers and higher computational power offers no advantage over slower computers. In short, how this is achieved is: when one burns coins, that transaction can be used to calculate burn hashes. There is also a multiplier that is multiplied to the raw burn hash to calculate the final burn hash. The greater amount of coins burnt by a user, the smaller the multiplier will be and the smaller the burn hashes will be. The smaller the burn hash is, the more likely the hash will meet the difficulty target (be accepted by the network as valid). Over time, the multiplier of a single burn transaction increases slowly, lowering the effectiveness of those burn hashes, acting like "decaying burnt coins". Per transaction, only 1 burn hashes is needed to be calculated per ~90 seconds. The reason low power can mine this is because basically almost any machine can hash a few SHA256 hashes in ~90 seconds.

General Outline of Launch:
        The coin will have a pre-announcement before the official release. The initial meathod of coin distribution will be through proof-of-work mining. Slimcoin will depend on proof-of-work for the initial coins supply until enough coins have been generated for proof-of-burn and proof-of-stake to become possible.
        I have not yet determined a specific launche date, but I will make it clear when it will be launched. I will, however say, it will be sometime this May, possibly mid-May.

Code:
        The code for Slimcoin, and slimminer and a few other utilities are finished. I am currently extensively testing the code to have an as smooth as possible launch.

Other Comments:
        Naming: Thank you user: "CryptoHobo" for noticing that the abbreviation SMC was already taken, I will change Slimcoin's abbreviation to SLM.
        Miner: Yes, Slimcoin does require its own miner. I have already created a slimminer by forking cpuminer's code.
        PoB block rewards less than number of coins burned: Yes, this is possible. The users of Slimcoin will self regulate the amount of coins are burned. Proof-of-Work has a similar problem where people buy hardware to mine, but so many people start mining that the profits decrease. What I mean by self-regulation is, when the profitability decreases, less people will burn coins, the profitability will then increase, and then more people will burn coins, etc.... That process will continue until a balance is reached.

-Much Donate
Ge

Activity: 229

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:49:29 PM

Thank's ! That seems to be very interesting specifications with not to much coins !! Keep watching Cheesy

Human
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: