Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about IPO Launch  (Read 1145 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DCMCo-Op (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 06:07:26 AM

I have a few questions i need answered before I do the Public Announcement For my Operation, I have a Longtime and Good standing account on this site But i felt it Best To Create a New Name that is Directly Tied to the Operation that i am About to Launch

1. What info do investors want to see and need before choosing to invest in a mining Operation?
2. What are some of the factors that help investors choose med and high risk investments to invest in?
3. if you were to invest in a mining Co-Op what you prefer to have you payouts done on a weekly or bi-weekly or monthly Basis all the while being able to see your transactions ( I.E credits to your account with the co-op being done on a daily basis ).
4. Which would you prefer A Co-Op site that is Simple in Look that gets straight to the poin about the info on your shares and earnings or would you prefer to have a flashy and fancy site that does tell you all the info but seems to worry more about the look of the site ( and because of the fanciness and design of the site also opens the site up to breach of the site by attackers )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 06:14:18 AM

I have a few questions i need answered before I do the Public Announcement For my Operation, I have a Longtime and Good standing account on this site But i felt it Best To Create a New Name that is Directly Tied to the Operation that i am About to Launch

1. What info do investors want to see and need before choosing to invest in a mining Operation?
2. What are some of the factors that help investors choose med and high risk investments to invest in?
3. if you were to invest in a mining Co-Op what you prefer to have you payouts done on a weekly or bi-weekly or monthly Basis all the while being able to see your transactions ( I.E credits to your account with the co-op being done on a daily basis ).
4. Which would you prefer A Co-Op site that is Simple in Look that gets straight to the poin about the info on your shares and earnings or would you prefer to have a flashy and fancy site that does tell you all the info but seems to worry more about the look of the site ( and because of the fanciness and design of the site also opens the site up to breach of the site by attackers )
1 - Identifying information of who's running it, solid plan, why it offers advantages over others

2 - High chance of reward that makes the risk worthwhile, things to make it less likely to be a scam (goes for any BTC investment)

3 - The more often, the better, but only if transactions are bundled so fees don't eat into profits.

4 - 1000x would rather have a simple and secure site than a flashy one that's gonna get Goxed.  However, if you can hire a professional dev to make a awesome and secure site that's even better.

DCMCo-Op (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 06:21:23 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 12:39:24 PM by DCMCo-Op

Thanks Cooldgamer

I will be taking that info into account when i goto make the Announcement about my Operation here soon We are already up and running and have been for a month But We are looking to expand into a MUCH MUCH larger operation then we are now
DCMCo-Op (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 12:39:58 PM

Update: I am still looking for Other Peoples Opinions on these questions.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:53:35 PM

If i was going to invest in a mining company you would need to show, very specifically, how your operations will generate more bitcoins than you are going to spend. Also, how you are going to make sure that the whole thing doesn't' fall apart if when you order a miner that is going to show up 6 months after it's supposed to.
binderclip

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:06:23 AM

As an investor I'd like to see more judicious use of the shift key.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:42:36 AM

As an investor I'd like to see more judicious use of the shift key.

But How Can They Communicate Properly Unless Every Word Is Capitalised?

OP - mining operations are notoriously lossy (or outright scams). You're fighting a near-losing battle.

1. Proof of operational ability. Historical data based on actual mining performance. Demonstrable relationships with equipment suppliers so that you can ensure you get equipment fast enough to be profitable. Being in the #bitcoin-otc Web of Trust on Freenode.

2. For mining investments the biggest factor is operator trust. To invest in a mining operation you generally want someone who has been in this space for at least a couple of years. You can tell a lot by their technical knowledge of the mining space. Nearly everything else is secondary to identifying and trusting someone who is reliable and an expert.

3. If you are known and trustworthy? Monthly, or even quarterly. If you are unknown? Daily, chum.

4. There is literally not a single serious investor here that needs a "website" where they can watch their "credits". That stuff is so easily faked so as to make it inconsequential. Regular reports and dividend/profit payouts are all you need, throw the website out.

DCMCo-Op (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

Thanks Fluf of all the Posts that i have Received yours and one others have been the 2 most helpful of them all,

Yes i have been in the mining scene for quite some time, I am also working with avalon to help write and test the firmware for their avalon1 - avalon3 hardware to help improve the speed of the hardware, along with testing the limits of the hardware that not even the manufacturers even knew about.

But thank you again for the reply to the questions, I have had to delete a ton of troll replies
binderclip

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:14:30 PM

Check out Variable Reinvestment Mining's website and click on "see our performance"
DCMCo-Op (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 04:53:08 AM

Check out Variable Reinvestment Mining's website and click on "see our performance"

that IPO is a Joke My Co-Op is already running more Hashpower then they are and they spent WAYYYY to much for the hash power

We have already ordered more hardware and as soon as our Co-Op agreement and Co-Op Member application is done being reviewed by an attorney and we finish our business plan then we will be doing our IPO
binderclip

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:50:21 PM

that IPO is a Joke My Co-Op is already running more Hashpower then they are and they spent WAYYYY to much for the hash power

We have already ordered more hardware and as soon as our Co-Op agreement and Co-Op Member application is done being reviewed by an attorney and we finish our business plan then we will be doing our IPO

I don't know about all that. They link to a google doc on their website (which is where I pointed you to on my previous post). It's an example of putting in effort on transparency. It might give you some direction in organizing and presenting your data.
DCMCo-Op (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:36:03 PM

I don't know about all that. They link to a google doc on their website (which is where I pointed you to on my previous post). It's an example of putting in effort on transparency. It might give you some direction in organizing and presenting your data.

Thanks so much for the Info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: