Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's coming to Chicago soon?  (Read 1948 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 06:35:45 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2012, 03:02:47 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Who, among us, are coming to Chicago in the near future and will need taxi service? Moreover, who pledges to use the services provided by @ChicagoCabbie, paying the fare plus tip with Bitcoin?

In this post I will maintain a list of all those who state that they're coming to Chicago on business, for pleasure or simply to meet up with family and friends. Chicago Cabbie's (Rashid) hours are basically 4AM to 3PM. In your post, you don't have to state any particulars, but the more information you may provide would be most helpful in the formation of the list.

~Bruno~

ThE LiSt:

• Bruno (Illinois resident, but would use for special events when parking is an issue)
  • altuin (coming soon--no other info provided)
  • bitcoinbitcoin113 (Chicago Resident)
  • the joint (Chicagoland Resident--Work/School)
  • anonymous5050 (Chicago Resident)
  • kjlimo (St. Patrick's Day visit)

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 03:01:30 PM

Im so impressed with this, I want to come down to Chi town just to take a cab with bitcoin..

But I need a few more excuses to take a trip there..  Cant he pick me up in Ontario ? Cheesy

Wait.. 8 hour drive.. thats not bad... Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 03:33:34 PM

I have a friend coming into Chicago from LA. He has some bitcoins, so I sent him a link to this thread.

Hi M.U. See you in Shy-town.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 06:42:57 PM

I have a friend coming into Chicago from LA. He has some bitcoins, so I sent him a link to this thread.

Can you tell us anything else about this panel on Bitcoin you've mentioned below?

This spring I'm part of a panel about bitcoins in Chicago. Tech-something?? I'll have to invite him.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 06:58:20 PM

Can you tell us anything else about this panel on Bitcoin you've mentioned below?

This spring I'm part of a panel about bitcoins in Chicago. Tech-something?? I'll have to invite him.

Unfortunately I can tell you it has been canceled. Or at least the organizer sent me an email stating that he was not able to put together a panel. The event, "TechWeek", will still happen and he said that if I wanted to create a bitcoin session on my own it would likely be included. It comes during a crunch time for me and I don't think I will have time to do a quality job of organizing. If any one is interested in trying to get a panel together however, I would help. I know a few peers there who would also be part of it.
Here is a link to the website.

http://techweek.com/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
altuin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:16:43 PM

I'll be in chicago soon. I'll be sure to use them then
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 02:17:00 AM

I'll be in chicago soon. I'll be sure to use them then

Great! We now have a list going (see OP). Any others coming to Chicago soon. Feel free to offer up any relative information regarding your visit.

~Bruno~

TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 03:40:56 PM

This is totally amazing dude.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:23:33 AM

This is totally amazing dude.

I know! That's a pretty impressive list I have going there in the OP, don't you think? Anybody else coming to Chicago soon and would like to be added to the list while I still have room?

~Bruno~
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:15:18 AM

I'm in chicago and plan to use him when I need a cab. What app should I use to pay him in BTC, though. Sorry if this was answered in the original thread, I forgot the name of it.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 05:32:07 AM

I'm in chicago and plan to use him when I need a cab. What app should I use to pay him in BTC, though. Sorry if this was answered in the original thread, I forgot the name of it.

Great! I will put you on the list. At the moment, Rashid's has not implemented Bitcoin as of this penning. He was under the weather last week, but I'll be putting a fire under his ass (an expression) soon, for I am The Bitcoin Guy. (somebody here's suppose to be working on my suit and cape)

~Bruno~
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 07:36:23 AM

What is this guys phone #?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 07:38:48 AM

I'm still available for this and am in the city Tuesdays and Thursdays
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 07:51:11 AM

Great! I will put you on the list. At the moment, Rashid's has not implemented Bitcoin as of this penning. He was under the weather last week, but I'll be putting a fire under his ass (an expression) soon, for I am The Bitcoin Guy. (somebody here's suppose to be working on my suit and cape)

~Bruno~

I bet this guy could help you out with the mask and cape  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58675.0

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 03:46:29 PM

~Bruno~

I bet this guy could help you out with the mask and cape  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58675.0

Done! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58675.msg707130#msg707130

What is this guys phone #?

I can PM you his number if you really want it. Mostly, he uses Twitter to hustle up his rides. There's a link to his website on his Twitter account that may also provide his number. I see no reason why he would keep it private, but I'm not sure. https://twitter.com/ChicagoCabbie

I'm still available for this and am in the city Tuesdays and Thursdays

Great, the joint. I put you on the list. I opt to not do it earlier until I read from personally. Didn't want to take it for granted.

Anybody else coming to Chicago soon?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 11:46:18 PM

anonymous5050 is the latest BitcoinTalk user to express interest in using Chicago Cabbie's services. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56534.msg743180#msg743180

Anybody else living in Chicago or planning on a business, pleasure or family related trip soon, like to be included on the list in the OP of this thread?

~Bruno~
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 04:39:39 AM

On a related note, I was thinking about trying to approach the guys that work at the Mobil on the corner near my house to see if they would be interested in accepting Bitcoins.

It would be pretty sweet to pay for a cab ride back to my house with Bitcoins, because then the cabbie could get gas with them.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 06:34:31 AM

On a related note, I was thinking about trying to approach the guys that work at the Mobil on the corner near my house to see if they would be interested in accepting Bitcoins.

It would be pretty sweet to pay for a cab ride back to my house with Bitcoins, because then the cabbie could get gas with them.

Shit! This reminds me! I've been meaning to talk to you about something. Going to send you a PM.

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 07:18:29 PM

I will be in Chicago for St. Patty's day.

If we need to use a cab, I'd be up for trying this.

If you could post a video of how it works, so that I could show the people we're hanging out with how it will work.  That will increase my chances of talking people into it.

Good luck!  Please PM me once everything is setup and there's an app to download.  I can wait until early March, so that gives some time.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
anonymous5050

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 08:54:13 PM

Lets try to get a restaurant to accept bitcoin around here.  Also, what is the best way to pay with a blackberry?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: