Author Topic: Closed  (Read 454 times)
DCZ (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:22:21 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 12:14:09 AM by DCZ

Hey Guys

I'm looking for some help in getting going. I'm new to this and would like to join a pool.

I can provide a large amount of Dell and HP 8 Core Servers to a project.

Please contact me if you involved in a pool that could use extra power and would be interested in helping me get started.

Thanks

Chris  Smiley

Closed, Thanks for the help guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DCZ (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:30:02 PM

Some Further info:

I own a server and network sales company and have large stocks of unused servers.

I would look to run these in a linux install thus allowing maximum amount of resources available for mining. I would also bee looking at getting the servers to run as efficiently and on a low power as possible. This is about where my expertise finishes. I'm a hardware guy Smiley

As for setting up mining software and working with pools i'm still quite confused, even after a few weeks browsing this and other forums.

Hence, I provide the power, you provide me some help in getting the mining software running and contributing to your pool and hopefully we'll all get some decent results.

Cheers

Chris
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:02:19 PM

your kind on pools is not always well received.. small guys can get lower earnings.

what you should do is see if solo mining is appropriate based on your hash power and the target coins network hash rate.
if you can do half the network on your own then stay off pools or maybe just run your own pool for only yourself.
spread your hash around.. look into that Wink

not much to it.. get miner programs installed and pointed at a pool or your own wallet / daemon.. that's about it.
bear in mind there is two types of pools.. normal ones usually stratum supported or P2Pools.

FUD first & ask questions later™
DCZ (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:12:59 PM

Thank you.

I managed to get up and running with cpuminer on the clevermining pool at the moment.

I'm only testing a single server at the moment and will deploy 100's if I can make some sort of profit over the elec bill (this may not be easy)

I know that my existing option will not be the best as this is scrypt mining which i still do not understand but I know this is GPU suitable.

I'm now looking at memorycoin as my next test using yam-miner but not managed to get it working yet after 3 hours of headaches - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586030

Thanks very much for the advice. If I do get a large mining operating running I'll look at solo mining then

Cheers dude

Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: