Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: you get Richer as the Older You’ll Get  (Read 3405 times)
sparkleboy (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:27:32 PM

The older you get the more of income you should have am I right?
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

Terrible title. My first thought was "Having more money makes you physically older."

There are way more informative ways to phrase this that are equally "buzzy." E.g. "The richer you are, the longer you'll live."

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:16:31 PM

Or is it you get older the richer you get?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:39:56 PM

There are people whose income have remained at around the same level throughout their lives and their living costs are higher year after year. There are those who work extremely hard towards their dreams and had no success. There are also those who have lost their jobs and their houses because they could not keep up with their mortgages.

Age doesn't necessarily translates into riches  Undecided

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:49:12 PM

You are all wrong. The title of this thread simply means that:

The reality of the hubris of polymorphism is rather excessive in its trendiness. That's all.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:00:24 PM

Hmm it is not working in my situation Smiley

My income is changing -- or ++ year by year ... I cannot say I will have more BTCBTCBTC when I get older ...
I hope that ... but I dunno ... As for now I was earning more 5 years ago then I am earning now ;(
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:34:57 PM

Heck no.  Companies tend to look for the youngest and brightest these days.  And the Older you are the less chance you will be able to keep up with the younger crowd and advance in the field in my opinion.  The job market is getting tougher for young adults and seniors so again no I don't think wealth comes with age.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:39:59 PM

In short, yes.
Those with stable incomes and dual incomes are able to set aside a portion.
Over the years it compounds and starts adding up.
After a while you look at the statements and think, 'wow, it really has been worth it'.

No of that is to say that a person should not enjoy their money when they are able. My wife and I go on 1-2 vacations every year. We could very easily just add it to out retirement, but feel we will enjoy it more no and we work so hard to be able to enjoy what we earn.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:42:36 AM

I think it is the other way around. As we get older, our medical expenses will increase, and our ability to work for long hours will proportionately decrease. So.. the net disposable income will decline with age.
jolipenria

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:22:29 AM

confusing title! Variant "The richer you are, the longer you'll live." i don't like too. Live rich die young!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 05:22:48 AM

I think it is the other way around. As we get older, our medical expenses will increase, and our ability to work for long hours will proportionately decrease. So.. the net disposable income will decline with age.

I agree with this.  My private medical insurance now costs triple digits per month (that is a lot in Canada).  I can't crash on friend's couches any more or borrow their cars because I am older and responsible.  I take a couple pills a day now due to heart complications - those cost money.  I have more possessions so I need more insurance.  I do more on the internet so I pay for a private VPN.  

Luckily in my occupation they want someone older and wiser rather than younger and cheaper.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
jinjuro

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:29:54 AM

It totally depends how smart you work.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:57:57 AM

I agree with this.  My private medical insurance now costs triple digits per month (that is a lot in Canada).  

Sad to hear this. But at least when compared to the US, it is better. I read in another thread here that medical insurance for someone in his 30s costs around $200 per month in the US.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:13:20 AM

I agree with this.  My private medical insurance now costs triple digits per month (that is a lot in Canada).  

Sad to hear this. But at least when compared to the US, it is better. I read in another thread here that medical insurance for someone in his 30s costs around $200 per month in the US.

I suppose it would depend on the plan.
I am 32 years old and pay $79/month for my health insurance.
Being self-employed, I pay the full amount, but have no issue with the cost.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:16:15 AM

Another completely logical and more reasonable assumption is that healthier people tend to be wealthier. Maybe they can afford better food, personal trainers, or whatever. They're more likely to be conscious of their body image, too - especially women. It's common for men in high business positions to wear make-up to look their best. Possibly being wealthier, is a result of looking your best, which is a result of better health.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:31:14 AM

Another completely logical and more reasonable assumption is that healthier people tend to be wealthier.

Well... sometimes the medical expenses can ruin you financially. I know once incident (one of my close friends) where the insurance company rejected a claim for Kidney transplant. It cost him around $300,000. He wasn't that wealthy, and his entire savings were blown away. Now he is in deep debt. Feeling bad for him.... as he is just 36 y.o.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:38:20 AM

It totally depends how smart you work.

It depends on many things - country where do you live - is perhaps  one of the most important points...

Smiley 
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

I'm pretty sure the last few record holding oldest people on earth were not millionaires. I wonder how big of a factor diet is.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

I'm pretty sure the last few record holding oldest people on earth were not millionaires. I wonder how big of a factor diet is.

There is another fact though. Most of the self-made billionaires were over 60 years of age (perhaps with the exception of a very few, such as Sergey Brin, Dustin Moskovitz and Mark Zuckerberg). I will admit that there are quite a lot of young billionaires. But most of them inherited their wealth from their parents, for example Albert von Thurn und Taxis and Scott Duncan.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:49:31 AM

All things considered the truth is this isn't the case.  If this were the case people would not be in so much debt and the problem only getting worse.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: