Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: N00b has N00b questions  (Read 362 times)
Amanuensis (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:56:16 PM

Hi all:

So, I'm thinking of buying Litecoins. I take it the only reliable way is to get BC first. Now let's say all goes well, LC go through the roof and I'm rich, I tell you, rich. Assuming I don't cash out, is there any way to make sure the money doesn't just evaporate in case of, say,  24-hour panic? Etrading stocks, you can set a stop loss. Any way to do this with cryptos?

Also, and no offense meant to mods, but what would prevent someone who was escrowing and simply making off with $$ and LT from both buyer and seller? And tipping... is... optional?

Sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere, thanks for reading.
BTCLotto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:01:43 PM

Hi all:

So, I'm thinking of buying Litecoins. I take it the only reliable way is to get BC first. Now let's say all goes well, LC go through the roof and I'm rich, I tell you, rich. Assuming I don't cash out, is there any way to make sure the money doesn't just evaporate in case of, say,  24-hour panic? Etrading stocks, you can set a stop loss. Any way to do this with cryptos?

Also, and no offense meant to mods, but what would prevent someone who was escrowing and simply making off with $$ and LT from both buyer and seller? And tipping... is... optional?

Nothing stops an escrow from running off with the coins only his/her conscience and it as happened before. Think you can get trading bots and set stop loss although I've never used one so can't recommend one.

http://BitcoinValue.net-Bitcoin Price Calculator and in-depth blog on Bitcoin Economics/Value.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:07:05 AM

Hi all:

Do not use the forum to buy or sell your altcoins.
mcxnow.com
cryptsy.com

You can use your bitcoin to buy or sell any altcoin any time you want and it is much safer than a private transaction on the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: