Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:21:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized marketplace, data storage, certificate issuance  (Read 2334 times)
coderboo (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:28:28 PM

Hey all,

My name is coderboo and I am the creator of a coin you'll likely hear about later today. The coin's name will be announced in the pre-ann, but here's a pre-pre-ann:

A merge-minable, scrypt-based coin which implements the following business infrastructure services:

Alias registration on the blockchain: a mirror of namecoin's functionality

Ownable data storage on the blockchain: store and exchange data using the blockchain

Decentralized marketplaces on the blockchain: build marketplaces and buy and sell anything on the blockchain

Decentralized certificate issuance on the blockchain: issue, deliver, and deliver digital certificates using the blockchain.

Use cases for the coin include:

• Online identity management
  • Decentralized SSL Certificate issuance and authority
  • Decentralized, uncensorable marketplaces
  • Software license issuance and exchange
  • Digital ticket issuance, delivery, and exchange
  • Digital ownership certificate issuance and exchange
  • Digital Deeds of trust
  • Digital Wills
  • Digital Titles
  • Anonymous data storage
  • .. the list goes on

... all decentralized, uncensorable, un-regulatable, and transparent.

A bit more about the coin's base specs:

• Scrypt POW, merge-minable with *any* scrypt coin
  • 1 minute block generation
  • 1 block diff. readjustment via fast-response KGW using optimized input parameters
  • 1024 coin subsidy per block. Max coins 268,824,600
  • Service fees regenerated as subsidies (unlike namecoin, which destroys its service fees)

About me: I'm a programmer with a business and financial services background and I am passionate about using the power of the blockchain  to create decentralized business services and truly free, democratic markets.

You'll be hearing about this project soon enough anyway, but if you're curious about my project just reply back - it'll give me something to post so I can get out of newbie jail!
fibble

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:30:43 PM

Hey,

The idea of a decentralized marketplace, embedded into a bitcoin-like blockchain has been something thats crossed my mind a few times since i first heard about anonymous Tor marketplaces a couple of years ago.

So this is very interesting to me. Could you post or PM me some more details on your implementation?

Thanks
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:33:17 PM

Sounds interesting but i'd need more info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: