Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BDG][BADGERCOIN] POW MULTIPOOL X11/Scrypt/SHA256 - POS LIVE -12h min stake  (Read 137412 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
_theone

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:04:22 PM

lucky i dont have sound over here then  Cool

zzz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aaron_m

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:44:45 PM

VINTAGE BADGER!

TREK BADGER!
th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:19:14 PM

Why not, the DEV looks active and the coin is fun ... i'll try it for a day or two Smiley
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:20:50 PM

Why not, the DEV looks active and the coin is fun ... i'll try it for a day or two Smiley

same than i, if it goes well i will be here for the two weeks pow
_theone

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:25:48 PM

i dont worry a single thing about the update. dev seems very capable. and yes, let the memes come Smiley

zzz
tricass

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

where is the new wallet???give me the address please!thank you !

Coming later today.

excellent! i loved this feature of the wallet in my hobonickels coins and it's great to see it here in this coin too!

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:39:25 PM

WALLET UPDATE INFORMATION

We have updated the wallet code, but it will change the specs a little from original, min stake will now be 5 days (to allow time for the update) rather than 12 hours, and we now have a POS coin window in expert mode (change in settings), there is also a weight icon at the bottom, showing your coin weight vs the network coin weight.

The reason for this change is because we partially forked from code that wasn't quite correct even thought we fully tested it both on testnet and live net, and they made a huge mistake in their code, we have now fixed and updated all that code and added extra.

We will first update the nodes and send the code to the pools, Then new wallets will be available to download later today.

We will also send an update alert to all old wallets, so they know to upgrade.

just read this update. can you explain why you chose to revise it up from 12h to 5 days as it seems to be quite a large change in terms of a multiple from the original figure? i kinda liked the short staking period in the original coin.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:41:21 PM

Let's be honest... the coin was launched two days ago. Of course everything is all hype about new coin.
Let's see how it will be one month from now on.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
getmining.info

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:44:34 PM

just read this update. can you explain why you chose to revise it up from 12h to 5 days as it seems to be quite a large change in terms of a multiple from the original figure? i kinda liked the short staking period in the original coin.

12h sounded nice as it allowed you to move your coins around - It appears it just wouldn't work that low. Also a higher time to stake is kind of in the spirit of PoS anyway.

The reason for this change is because we partially forked from code that wasn't quite correct even thought we fully tested it both on testnet and live net, and they made a huge mistake in their code, we have now fixed and updated all that code and added extra.

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
badgercoin_team (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:47:32 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 02:03:07 PM by badgercoin_team

12h sounded nice as it allowed you to move your coins around - It appears it just wouldn't work that low. Also a higher time to stake is kind of in the spirit of PoS anyway.

The main reason was so we could update without a mandatory update, we will take another look at lower stake times before pushing the update, but for now presume 5 days and if we can safely do lower it will be a bonus.
niki25
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:51:39 PM

The main reason was so we could update without a mandatory update, we will take another look at lower stake times before pushing the update, but for now presume 12 hours and if we can safely do lower it will be a bonus.

nice, glad to hear that!
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:54:22 PM

The main reason was so we could update without a mandatory update, we will take another look at lower stake times before pushing the update, but for now presume 12 hours and if we can safely do lower it will be a bonus.

Dont you mean presume 5 days if its lower its nice ? cause lower as 12 hours is fast
getmining.info

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:54:52 PM

I think you mean presume 5 days yeh? (You should have slept more!)

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
badgercoin_team (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:04:02 PM

Thanks, edited.

Was replying fast in between doing things at work.
tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:06:44 PM

Don't know of any other coin that does 12h staking. I know Communitycoin stake in 1 day or was that two which is kinda cool to regularly see minted coins pop into your wallet. My hobonickel coins take 10 days to mint and that feels like forever so 5 days could be a good compromise but we'll have to wait and see.

niki25
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:09:23 PM

Don't know of any other coin that does 12h staking. I know Communitycoin stake in 1 day or was that two which is kinda cool to regularly see minted coins pop into your wallet. My hobonickel coins take 10 days to mint and that feels like forever so 5 days could be a good compromise but we'll have to wait and see.
+1, i will prefer 12h stack time, but btw, if it can be done on the upcoming days
getmining.info

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:50:20 PM

a badger provides plenty of meat

niki25
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

are u willing to eat one of them? xD
getmining.info

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:10:32 PM

are u willing to eat one of them? xD

Yeh sure

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10710859/Eating-roadkill-anyone-for-badger-balti.html

DOGE vs BADGER?

atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

WALLET UPDATE INFORMATION

We have updated the wallet code, but it will change the specs a little from original, min stake will now be 5 days (to allow time for the update) rather than 12 hours, and we now have a POS coin window in expert mode (change in settings), there is also a weight icon at the bottom, showing your coin weight vs the network coin weight.

We will first update the nodes and send the code to the pools, Then new wallets will be available to download later today.

We will also send an update alert to all old wallets, so they know to upgrade.

agreed - part of the reason why I"m mining this coin is/was the 12hour stake and to change it to 5 days AFTER the fact isn't good

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: