Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Need for artwork for Bitcardz  (Read 2778 times)
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 08:06:45 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 09:50:09 PM by DeathAndTaxes

I need YOU to design artwork for Bitcardz.

I am looking for a talented artist to do some artwork for front side of some stored value cards for Bitcoin.  While this won't be a "copy" of bitbills it is easiest to describe as an alternative to bitbills using same basic concept but with improved security and reduced production cost.

Dimensions & media:
* Card dimensions are CR80 standard (3.370" x 2.125").
* Printing is edge to edge.
* Printing is digital dye sublimation CMY so you have "full color" to work with.
* Artwork should have "bleed" of roughly 1/8" past print dimensions.

Details:
* Product's name will be Bitcardz.
* In a sentence: "think gift card for Bitcoin gift card".
* Multiple denominations 1 BTC, 5 BTC, 10BTC, 50BTC (possibly more denominations later).
* All cards in denomination set should be variations on same theme and should have color differences between denominations
* Cards should have Denomination in both numeral and english form (5 BTC    & "Five Bitcoins").
* All security elements (holograms, public keys, serial #, etc will be on the reverse of card so you have "clean slate" to work with.
* All artwork (including any work product) becomes the exclusive property of Tangible Cryptography LLC.
* Would prefer adobe illustrator to be used but will consider other formats.
* Printer is 300 dpi.  Artwork should be properly scaled.

Design:
* I am leaving it up to you
* I believe design should contain the phrase "Vires in Numeris"
* Should contain some "Bitcoin" type symbology.  There is no "official Bitcoin logo" so any existing or custom developed logo is fine.
* If using existing artwork, logos, etc they should be royalty free and be licensed for commercial work (if applicable).
* Rather than how Bitbills has plain "solid" backgrounds I am wondering (since we will have access to digital dye sub printing) if something more visually interesting can be done.

Maybe something like:
http://static3.depositphotos.com/1000933/120/i/450/dep_1205028-Blue-circuit-background.jpg

I am not saying exactly that but something that has some visual wow and shows off the "high tech" nature of Bitcoin.

Ideal candidate:
* Prior corporate or logo design work
* Portfolio (even inform) of work
* Has access to adobe illustrator

Please post details, prior experience, estimate, and any terms.

On edit: Have already contracted for all work.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 07:43:47 PM

Good project.

So ... what about the idea I suggested about a gift card:

- Without a fixed BTC value
 - Where the gifter can charge and manage via a web interface, also edit styled greeting web page
 - The recipient can type a URL or scan a code to redeem the BTC value
 - Can easily convert to USD (like BitPay, or through Paypal like another service I forgot the name of)

I'd like to pre-order me some of that.

I don't like any physical object with a fixed number of BTC. If in 2 months time 1 BTC = $100, then most gift card I buy now will become effectively useless because they contain a lot more than what I intend to give.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:44:10 PM

I doubt BTC will grow that rapidly.  It is my intention to offer smaller denominations if BTC sustains a higher exchange rate.

I am considering offering "custom" cards both in design and denomination.  Digital real time printing will make customization like that possible.  However that is likely to be an enhancement in the future.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 09:25:16 PM

I doubt BTC will grow that rapidly.  It is my intention to offer smaller denominations if BTC sustains a higher exchange rate.

I am considering offering "custom" cards both in design and denomination.  Digital real time printing will make customization like that possible.  However that is likely to be an enhancement in the future.

I don't need the BTC value to be printed on the card.
Just print a plain old pretty card with a URL and QR code.

You do need someone to develop a backend though, so I understand why this might be more difficult.
But think of the profit potential!

Many BTC enthusiasts will buy this as a way to spread the word and get their friends and loved one into BTC. And the beauty is - you can't turn it down or be offended because of being gifted with "toy money", because the card has an easy way to convert to USD ... so you're not coming off as some scammer giving worthless presents and offloading some ponzi money.

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 10:16:23 PM

We are getting slightly ahead but to protect my brand I likely will require all cards even customized cards to include denomination.  I don't want an issue where a scammer trades/sells my cards which he had loaded w/ 1 BTC for 10 BTC claiming they are legit 10 BTC Bitcardz.  It doesn't matter that it isn't my fault any confusion will devalue my brand.

So while talking with my partner we believe that custom cards printed on-demand are possible there will be certain "unchangable" elements and one of those will be denomination.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 10:20:19 PM

We are getting slightly ahead but to protect my brand I likely will require all cards even customized cards to include denomination.  I don't want an issue where a scammer trades/sells my cards which he had loaded w/ 1 BTC for 10 BTC claiming they are legit 10 BTC Bitcardz.  It doesn't matter that it isn't my fault any confusion will devalue my brand.

So while talking with my partner we believe that custom cards printed on-demand are possible there will be certain "unchangable" elements and one of those will be denomination.

Do it under a different brand.

I want the functionality, don't care about brand and company image Sad

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 10:23:57 PM

I don't see how any functionality is lost by requiring a denomination.  Care to explain how that prevents you from gifting a card for an arbitrary amount?
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 10:32:41 PM

I don't see how any functionality is lost by requiring a denomination.  Care to explain how that prevents you from gifting a card for an arbitrary amount?

Yes.

I'll go a head an order a few cards, in bulk, to save shipping.
Now, I usually the amount I'll gift on the day of the event. Let's say I decide I want to give my friend $100 for his wedding present.

Any fixed denomination card can't do that .. it will be impossible for me to give $100 dollars, because of BTC rate fluctuations. Most of the cards I'll order (and I won't order a huge amount) will either be too expensive or too cheap. I can't decide on the size of the present beforehand, at the time I order the cards ... it just does't work this way. I don't know who I'll gift them to, and the size of the present depends on some factors, primarily on the identity of the recipient.

I simply have to have the flexibility of charging an arbitrary amount of BTC 1 day before the event. Also, super easy way (a few clicks & a Paypal address) of offloading it to USD is a must have for reasons I explained above.

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 10:36:47 PM

Any fixed denomination card can't do that .. it will be impossible for me to give $100 dollars, because of BTC rate fluctuations. Most of the cards I'll order (and I won't order a huge amount) will either be too expensive or too cheap. I can't decide on the size of the present beforehand, at the time I order the cards ... it just does't work this way. I don't know who I'll gift them to, and the size of the present depends on some factors, primarily on the identity of the recipient.

I see.  That may be something we could accommodate in the future.  Obviously there would be no security hologram and no assurance of a set value but that might be possible. I will keep it in mind.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 11:37:10 PM

I see.  That may be something we could accommodate in the future.  Obviously there would be no security hologram and no assurance of a set value but that might be possible. I will keep it in mind.

Yeah, no hologram is needed.

Thanks - keep us posted!

senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 11:40:46 PM

Smiley
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:37:30 PM

Working on one, it might look silly though  Roll Eyes

hi
senbonzakura

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:44:18 PM

can you produce custom ones for me with IBB logo like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR_zDrzhPgE ?
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:11:31 PM

The background image can be anything, if you want me to continue I can try making better ones.

edit: This is just a VERY quick mock up, the colors will be a lot better if you decide you want me to make more.
Also, I wrote five bitcoins instead of one, not sure why

hi
senbonzakura

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:13:06 PM

are you working with DeathandTaxes BitCardz?
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:15:02 PM

No, I just made that to see if he wants me to make more.

hi
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:31:35 PM

heres one that looks like a cmd miner

hi
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:48:02 PM

Has this been done?

Should the logo be included?

What will you pay?

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:49:40 PM

Has this been done?

Should the logo be included?

What will you pay?

Yes it has been done.  Sorry should have marked it closed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: