Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get rid of daily New coins  (Read 2023 times)
securedform (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:27:37 PM

I am really tired of new coin every day infact people are now spoiling this crypto industry with daily new dump coin.Now here i am opening this topic just for one main reason.I just want everyone humble opinion about the coins that they want means which features should a coin have in order to be successful.Please Help to with few minutes of your time.Your opinions are valuable to me

Pixx Coin Wallet with buit in Exchange
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:30:53 PM

a coin that limit the hash, in order to kill big farms, dunno how to do that maybe via ip, but it won't be enough
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:31:11 PM

0. No IPO scam
1. No premine
2. Innovations
3. Active dev
4. No more scrypt
5. No huge instamine (if this is not me)
6. Password protected wallets before launch
7. Wallets for Win & Mac
8. Slick artwork
securedform (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:34:08 PM

a coin that limit the hash, in order to kill big farms, dunno how to do that maybe via ip, but it won't be enough
pos limit the hash then is every pos good.I need your suggestion so that we together can do something for this community Smiley

Pixx Coin Wallet with buit in Exchange
A1ty

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:34:55 PM

You must have a problem with my infinitely awesome DickCoin.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:37:20 PM

pos limit the hash then is every pos good.I need your suggestion so that we together can do something for this community Smiley

pure pos erase the hash, make it not minable, which is kinda the same if there is fair distribution, if the coin was 100% premined
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:42:14 PM

100% premine you can dream it will be fairly distributed..
shai_

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

and any innovation can be copied to bitcoin.. if its open source
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:43:29 PM

just request a screen with the wallet/date of creation and the finger/hand of the user with his name, would be pretty fair in this way

and any innovation can be copied to bitcoin.. if its open source

you mean via sidechain?
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:59:14 PM

rofl
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:22:00 PM

I am really tired of new coin every day infact people are now spoiling this crypto industry with daily new dump coin.Now here i am opening this topic just for one main reason.I just want everyone humble opinion about the coins that they want means which features should a coin have in order to be successful.Please Help to with few minutes of your time.Your opinions are valuable to me

I'd love to see any and all coins released in 2014 to be immediately deleted forever.
There is nothing new that will succeed 3 years down to road. They are all here to be hyped for a little while so the premine or instamine people can dump them. Then the coins die off.
Rinse and repeat.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:27:35 PM

It would be nice if these devs actually worked together and made something worth while but in reality the majority are only hoping for a quick buck and will just be wasting everyone's time and making cryptos look bad.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:34:46 PM

0. No IPO scam
1. No premine
2. Innovations
3. Active dev
4. No more scrypt
7. Wallets for Win & Mac
8. Slick artwork

sammy007, how does the "Active dev" get paid, especially if he is not a miner and has literally none of his own coins?
Perhaps, if people with great ideas had more of an incentive, then you would see higher quality projects.

Ryota

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:16:51 AM

When we buy a product we know where this product was made. We should at least know the nationality of the dev team. I have a little idea where most of these useless coins are coming from...  Roll Eyes
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:22:03 AM

0. No IPO scam
1. No premine
2. Innovations
3. Active dev
4. No more scrypt
7. Wallets for Win & Mac
8. Slick artwork

sammy007, how does the "Active dev" get paid, especially if he is not a miner and has literally none of his own coins?

No one should trust a coin where the developer has none of his own coins. Are you actually serious? Don't trust a skinny chef or a deaf music critic.

Have you ever heard the phrase "eat your own dog food" (popular in the high tech startup community)?

Anyway, I suggest everyone check out Monero. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

It is missing slick artwork and the Mac build is still very new, but the coin is amazing and has every one of points 1-6 above.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:34:38 AM

No one should trust a coin where the developer has none of his own coins. Are you actually serious?...

Are you actually serious?
Did you look at the post I was responding to? (post #16 says you did)

0. No IPO...
1. No premine
3. Active dev

Then I asked, how does the "Active dev" get paid, especially if he is not a miner and has literally none of his own coins?
Yes, I'm serious: Under those conditions how does the (non-miner) dev get coins, other than "begging" for donations?
Allow honest innovators to make money and you will get better projects.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:43:24 AM

Then I asked, how does the "Active dev" get paid, especially if he is not a miner and has literally none of his own coins?

That is like asking how do you get a sun tan if you don't go in the sun. Simple. Go in the sun.

The developer should buy some coins or mine if he believes in what he's doing. It's called having skin in the game. Bitcoin had no IPO or premine. #1 crypto currency by a wide margin. Litecoin had no IPO or premine, #2 crypto currency by a wide margin. Wake up man.

Furthermore you should study the open source business models. There are many ways to pay for development of open source software, which obviously must be true or there wouldn't be any.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:05:58 AM

That is like asking how do you get a sun tan if you don't go in the sun. Simple. Go in the sun.

The developer should buy some coins or mine if he believes in what he's doing. It's called having skin in the game. Bitcoin had no IPO or premine. #1 crypto currency by a wide margin. Litecoin had no IPO or premine, #2 crypto currency by a wide margin. Wake up man.

Furthermore you should study the open source business models. There are many ways to pay for development of open source software, which obviously must be true or there wouldn't be any.

Bitcoin had no IPO or premine.
Satoshi was mining with literally "one or two others" at first.
Are you going to suggest that the early distribution of BTC was balanced, or admit that some of the earliest miners are incredibly wealthy?

Litecoin had no IPO or premine,
Are you aware of the small group that mined millions (or at least a very large amount) of LTC before the GPU mining code was released to the public?
LTC has an extremely shady history and there are plenty of threads to prove it.

The developer should buy some coins or mine if he believes in what he's doing
Now you know why there are endless shit coins and very few good ones.
In the real world developers/entrepreneurs are allowed to be rewarded without having to buy their own product.

Wake up man.
Based on your responses, I would ask you the same thing.  Smiley

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:38:18 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 04:41:48 AM by smooth

Bitcoin had no IPO or premine.
Satoshi was mining with literally "one or two others" at first.
Are you going to suggest that the early distribution of BTC was balanced, or admit that some of the earliest miners are incredibly wealthy?

It was announced in the best forum to announce it at the time (crypto list), and the code was made available to anyone who wanted to mine. Obviously this worked out pretty well didn't it.

Are you aware of the small group that mined millions (or at least a very large amount) of LTC before the GPU mining code was released to the public?
LTC has an extremely shady history and there are plenty of threads to prove it.

Again, nothing prevented anyone from developing a GPU miner. It was open to anyone who wanted to do it and had the talent. And again this worked out quite well (though tiny by comparison to bitcoin).

Both of these cases are quite different from an IPO or premine which simply puts money into the developers pocket essentially by fiat.

In the real world developers/entrepreneurs are allowed to be rewarded without having to buy their own product.

Actually, in the "real world," developers and entrepreneurs (unless they invest their own money) have things like vesting periods and other mechanisms to ensure that they only profit over a long period of time and only if the venture is successful. Furthermore, many ventures are started in a pre-funding phase where the founders are not compensated at all.

They don't get to just take the investors money and run. That is very different from an IPO or premine where the developer/entprepeneur is free to dump his coins at the first opportunity.

Something that could work, and this is very rough, is a premine where the developer's coins are protected by a time lock transaction (say for 2-4 years) and even then can only be sold if the shareholders haven't fired the developer.

As for why there are so many shitcoins, I would suggest that you have it backwards. It is a structure that encourages developers to go for a quick hit (i.e. pump-and-dump) that encourages it. The shitcoins get worse and worse (and less successful) because eventually people figure out that they are being scammed, but it takes a while for this to happen, which is why IPOs and premines continue to persist to some extent.

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:39:36 AM

You must have a problem with my infinitely awesome DickCoin.
I like dickcoin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: