Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:26:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get rid of daily New coins  (Read 2023 times)
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:00:08 AM

Something that could work, and this is very rough, is a premine where the developer's coins are protected by a time lock transaction (say for 2-4 years) and even then can only be sold if the shareholders haven't fired the developer.

Actually, there is another way, its to pay the dev salary in the blockchain.
MemoryCoin did it, and it worked out more or less (The dev is elected by the shareolders).
But finding the right parameter is tricky !
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:06:06 AM

Something that could work, and this is very rough, is a premine where the developer's coins are protected by a time lock transaction (say for 2-4 years) and even then can only be sold if the shareholders haven't fired the developer.

Actually, there is another way, its to pay the dev salary in the blockchain.
MemoryCoin did it, and it worked out more or less (The dev is elected by the shareolders).
But finding the right parameter is tricky !

The reason real startups do equity with vesting is that a low salary does not compensate success enough (or in total) and a high salary doesn't align incentives enough.

But I agree that's better than a premine.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:10:27 AM

As for why there are so many shitcoins, I would suggest that you have it backwards....

We are making progress:
What if a dev had ideas for a worthwhile project with at least 5 features never seen before, and he was going to spend a lot of valuable time on the project?

Now we consider 2 options:
>> Crappy Alt world (what we actually have today) = Premine and IPO are frowned upon and there is no legit way for an honest admin to be rewarded (without competing with hungry miners) == Dev decides to scrap the project since he cannot earn a fair ROI on his time.

>> Dynamic, Creative Business World (A much healthier environment) = Devs are encouraged to create worthwhile projects since they know it will be worth their time / "Dev Stakes" are a respectable option and successful projects do not have to fear some possible selling by early innovators/investors. == Dev decides to create the project since he can earn a fair return on his valuable time.

Quick Summary:
Crappy Alt world gives you the endless list of copy/paste garbage we have now and almost nothing "real" for honest investors.

Dynamic, Creative Business World encourages true innovation, imagination, and creativity;
Investors move in this direction and Crappy Alt world rapidly dies out since the money is finally gone.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:29:06 AM

dev should premine the source block that's it, if the coin go to da moon, one block is more then enough for an active dev
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:32:11 AM

0. No IPO scam
1. No premine
2. Innovations
3. Active dev
4. No more scrypt
5. No huge instamine (if this is not me)
6. Password protected wallets before launch
7. Wallets for Win & Mac
8. Slick artwork

sammy007, how does the "Active dev" get paid, especially if he is not a miner and has literally none of his own coins?
Perhaps, if people with great ideas had more of an incentive, then you would see higher quality projects.

who gives shit if they get paid.. fuck em !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:56:28 AM

coin cloners change their name and use a dozen scammy methods of profiting..
and you need to point the finger FIRST at pools and exchanges etc.. if there was no support for them we couldn't get them going.
THEN after that, we the users can be blamed..

Order Of Blame:
1 - Coin cloners.
2 - Service providers.. often the same cloners who collect bounties or put clones on their own exchanges.
3 - Us end users.

Rather than adding restrictions for posting ANN topics here the forum removed the noobie jail..
the support services (cloning process) is getting stream-lined and they are blaming it ALL on us the end users.
we are not to blame.. the greedy bounty and fee's collecting services are and the coin cloners banking large money are..

the corrupt little sleazy pricks that lurk around looking to make 1 btc while the coin dev cloner makes 10 or 20 is the last part of the Ponzi problem
and go ahead and kill the scene guys.. think short term fast cash vs long term health.

This whole scene around the world looks like a joke.. a mess of clowns on a cash grab and yeah i am one of them sleazy clowns too
i'm just not nearly as bad as most that have no retort but to call me a troll because i just said what i just said lol

Stupid shitty clone clones like Doge make the whole scene and all of us look like stupid childish greedy clowns.
And unlike 90% of you out there i will not take responsibility for Doge coin.. that is all on you guys not me !
Shit like Doge makes Bitcoin itself and all other coins that will ever get made look like a joke and in turn force prices down and turn people off crypto.
Rape coin bringing in new users ? nope lol ..well not as many as a real coin by a real dev.

Hey do what ya want guys.. you want to support honest hard working devs or copy and paste name changing cloners and their services they make too ?
The real devs will see how this all works and walk away disgusted and disappointed as places like Cryptsy etc keeps adding scam coin pyramid clones.
honest coin dev's work is bumped to page 82 so little corrupt brats can hype and pump Blue coin or Yellow coin or White coin or Black coin or or or or
mean while Prime coin or Grid coin etc is on page 82.. wtf does that tell you guys ?
pathetic..

we're dead.. years ago.. the game ended.
there will never be another rise like we had a few months ago..
and the greed has taken us all and we're not turning back.. ever.. game over.. now we watch it limp along and drown slowly.
and raise your hands if any of you want to accept some responsibility for it lol

silence ?
wow what a shock  Roll Eyes

make stupid excuses and milk it for all it's worth.. it's too late.. just keep bs'ing yourselves.. I'm sure Cinni will go to the moon & we'll be talking about it lots in 2020 LOL

Free Market™

FUD first & ask questions later™
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:00:26 AM

yes theres an end point to this game  Shocked.

each new coin now strengthens btc/ltc's position and slowly erodes value (except for the occasional pump) in all other cryptos.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:05:30 AM

yes theres and end point to this game  Shocked.

each new coin now strengthens btc/ltc's position and slowly erodes value (except for the occasional pump) in all other cryptos.

+1
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575453.0
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:26:13 PM

I am really tired of new coin every day infact people are now spoiling this crypto industry with daily new dump coin.Now here i am opening this topic just for one main reason.I just want everyone humble opinion about the coins that they want means which features should a coin have in order to be successful.Please Help to with few minutes of your time.Your opinions are valuable to me
You're not the only one, mate. Eventually this will end some day and the true winner will be Bitcoin.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:01:47 AM

Order Of Blame:
1 - Coin cloners.
2 - Service providers.. often the same cloners who collect bounties or put clones on their own exchanges.
3 - Us end users.

1. End users
2. End users
3. End users

If nobody paid attention to these shitcoins and especially if no one traded into them, the whole mess would disappear tomorrow.

aaa10247

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:35:51 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 05:53:49 AM by aaa10247

Order Of Blame:
1 - Coin cloners.
3 - Us end users.

1. End users
2. End users
3. End users

If nobody paid attention to these shitcoins and especially if no one traded into them, the whole mess would disappear tomorrow.

why is having tons of altcoins/shitcoins a mess that would be preferable if it disappeared? if people think they are going to make money - why shouldn't they try investing in a coin even if it likely won't make any money. what we are seeing right now with all these new coins is a process. you wouldn't be saying that the internet has too many shitty websites and people should stop making websites because most of them are never going to be popular. most websites are failures, and never receive visitors. same with coins. a few websites are very successful, same with coins. every now and then a new website comes along and becomes popular for a variety of reasons. same with coins. most of the time the website has a few visitors and then eventually goes away.

i can imagine in the future where similar to speakeasy's or private clubs have members and passwords to join - in order to buy things from the store you need to use a special currency. you buy coin in a company that issues it's on coin if you think that people will want to buy the product they sell, and which can only be purchased with the coin itself. similar to owning stock in a company.

i see the future of these coins being used in the same way companies today issue debt or stock to raise capital. they are essentially financial instruments. today the coins are not tied to any underlying company or service (although some are). but in the future they mostly all will be either tied to an artist, or a company, business that wants to offer people rewards. so the coins are going to be tailored individually for a special use case.

the process that is happening today is creative destruction. the market is figuring out how this technology and these coins are going to be most economically useful.
sorryguys

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:25:10 AM

We can do something to stop it .
Like clearing shitcoin .
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:10:42 AM

Like clearing shitcoin .

I'd be all in favor of it. Need some ideas.
It's amazing that newbies still just on new coins with 3% PREMINE or 4% PREMINE or more.
Really is craziness that they expect it to be worth anything.
daddyiamsorry

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:24:09 AM

Like clearing shitcoin .

It's amazing that newbies still just on new coins with 3% PREMINE or 4% PREMINE or more.
But how to find a good coin ?It's really  a hard job.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:25:28 AM

Like clearing shitcoin .

Stick with the big 3- Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:42:28 AM

Like clearing shitcoin .

But how to find a good coin ?It's really  a hard job.

usually good coins(or not bad one if you prefer) have bighash network that can secure their chain at least

but those coins are not profitable to mine, and here come the shitcoins
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:17:16 AM

Like clearing shitcoin .

Stick with the big 3- Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin.

Dogecoin was not one of the big three until very recently. The fact that a coin can still break out like that says that new ones aren't necessarily worthless, though most are, and it is certainly a lot of work to dig through trash to find a treasure.

When you see a long period go by with no successful new coins, you can declare altcoins over. How long that needs to be is unclear.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:47:39 AM

a coin a day keeps the doctor away

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:55:57 AM

why is having tons of altcoins/shitcoins a mess that would be preferable if it disappeared? if people think they are going to make money - why shouldn't they try investing in a coin even if it likely won't make any money. what we are seeing right now with all these new coins is a process. you wouldn't be saying that the internet has too many shitty websites and people should stop making websites because most of them are never going to be popular. most websites are failures, and never receive visitors. same with coins. a few websites are very successful, same with coins. every now and then a new website comes along and becomes popular for a variety of reasons. same with coins. most of the time the website has a few visitors and then eventually goes away.

i can imagine in the future where similar to speakeasy's or private clubs have members and passwords to join - in order to buy things from the store you need to use a special currency. you buy coin in a company that issues it's on coin if you think that people will want to buy the product they sell, and which can only be purchased with the coin itself. similar to owning stock in a company.

i see the future of these coins being used in the same way companies today issue debt or stock to raise capital. they are essentially financial instruments. today the coins are not tied to any underlying company or service (although some are). but in the future they mostly all will be either tied to an artist, or a company, business that wants to offer people rewards. so the coins are going to be tailored individually for a special use case.

the process that is happening today is creative destruction. the market is figuring out how this technology and these coins are going to be most economically useful.

+1

“God does not play dice"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: