Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7000$ investion  (Read 1560 times)
sashab (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:26:25 PM

Can u help me with advice, i have 7000$ for investion, do i invest in mining rig for litecoin or some hardware for bitcoin? Your advice?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:32:53 PM

The word is "investing" or "investment".

I don't know very much about Bitcoin mining but what I have read is that $7k probably isn't enough and anyway there are limited suppliers of competitive ASICs.

You may be better off mining Litecoin.

You may still be better off just buying Bitcoin or Litecoin and selling it for more.

Ask in the mining forum.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

Can u help me with advice, i have 7000$ for investion, do i invest in mining rig for litecoin or some hardware for bitcoin? Your advice?

Buy some coins and hold on to them.
When the price rises sell a portion of them (enough to break even and make a bit of profit) and keep some for when the price gets even higher.
If the price drops along the way, then use the money you got when you sold some to buy some more coins.
And when the price raises sell....

And so on, and so on........

UnitedColors

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:29:12 PM

Forget about mining! Just buy bitcoin for the long invesment.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 03:02:31 PM

buy a scrypt asic,once you done your homework on mining。
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:07:22 PM

Buy core position in Bitcoin
ASIC hardware to mine select alts maybe

r1973

Activity: 191

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:22:39 PM

I am a newbie too.... I have bought some 10.4btc for 500USD and now the price is 455USD per bitcoin....
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:18:28 PM

At the beginning of this year when bitcoin was near a thousand dollars, it barely looked like any mining equipment would scrape back it's cost in bitcoin. 4 months later and with a great increase in difficulty, expectations have halved... So basically, for bitcoin mining equipment you might only expect to see 4 or 5 coins out of it ever, with what you could get for $7000....

The scrypt mining scene is highly volatile, you have to remember it was formed by people who were virulently "anti-ASIC" in the first place, so they could completely abandon and cease support for these coins when ASICs take over. Ergo, while one could hope for the same situation as occurred in BTC, that the coin prices increase dramatically as the ASICs push the difficulty sky high, there is a risk that things could collapse instead. While bitcoin may be seen as "irreplaceable" the altcoins may be seen as "interchangable".

Anyway, with the price of a bitcoin being an absolute bargain at the moment, and the upside this year projected as a minimum of 400% by long term trend analysis, the smart option at the moment is just to buy bitcoin and hold it.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:51:04 PM

Anyway, with the price of a bitcoin being an absolute bargain at the moment, and the upside this year projected as a minimum of 400% by long term trend analysis, the smart option at the moment is just to buy bitcoin and hold it.

Hmm, I am not sure I would call that a "smart" option! Words I would prefer to use would include "visionary", "optimistic" and "risky".

Don't get me wrong, I love Bitcoin and think the blockchain is one of the most important innovations of the last 20 years. I have about 50% of my liquid savings in Bitcoin by today's prices. But I got there by holding on to coins I bought cheap for little risk, not by spending literally 50% of my savings on coins now.

I don't think you can ignore the fact that the last four months have seen a continual down-swing. It may never be recovered from. as much as we all hope it will be.

To me, a "smart" investment is one with very little risk. When I talk about Bitcoin people sometimes say things like, "I wish I'd listened when you were talking about this in 2010. You made a killing. That was a really smart investment."

Well, no! That was a lucky investment in my opinion. And also a very small one (so, small risk) that just happened to turn out big. If I thought it was in any way smart then I would be kicking myself for being so stupid as to not put everything I had into it, and have it turn out much bigger. I'm not kicking myself, because I'm not into taking that much risk.

Investing in Bitcoin is really risky. Don't spend what you can't afford to lose. Don't spend what you can't afford to hold for potentially years. If you can't afford to lose it, put it in something that doesn't risk your stake. Yes, the return will be pitiful.

For every person who reads this and thinks, "he isn't a true believer, he's an idiot who will be living in the gutter when the fiat economy collapses and Bitcoin has gone to the moon!" I'm sure there will be at least one other person thinking, "I wish I had not put my entire life savings into Bitcoin when it was >$800, I need the money back now and will have to sell at a loss"

So, you know, whatever you do, be prudent!
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:09:53 PM

I'm sure there will be at least one other person thinking, "I wish I had not put my entire life savings into Bitcoin when it was >$800, I need the money back now and will have to sell at a loss"

Yes if this is your "rainy day and emergencies" slush fund rather than "money I can afford to ignore for months" don't put it in bitcoin, altcoin or mining equipment if when you need it, you need it NOW and may have to sell at a loss.

But those who are patient who even bought in early January this year should eventually see a profit.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Don't invest in either mining equipment or hardware. Just buy some coins instead.
Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:52:56 PM

I am a newbie too.... I have bought some 10.4btc for 500USD and now the price is 455USD per bitcoin....

And it is still better than buying mining equipment IMO.
You can check a profit calculator to see how many (expected) bitcoin will the equipment generate for you.

Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:58:20 PM

Hmm, I am not sure I would call that a "smart" option! Words I would prefer to use would include "visionary", "optimistic" and "risky".

Don't get me wrong, I love Bitcoin and think the blockchain is one of the most important innovations of the last 20 years. I have about 50% of my liquid savings in Bitcoin by today's prices. But I got there by holding on to coins I bought cheap for little risk, not by spending literally 50% of my savings on coins now.

I don't think you can ignore the fact that the last four months have seen a continual down-swing. It may never be recovered from. as much as we all hope it will be.

To me, a "smart" investment is one with very little risk. When I talk about Bitcoin people sometimes say things like, "I wish I'd listened when you were talking about this in 2010. You made a killing. That was a really smart investment."

Well, no! That was a lucky investment in my opinion. And also a very small one (so, small risk) that just happened to turn out big. If I thought it was in any way smart then I would be kicking myself for being so stupid as to not put everything I had into it, and have it turn out much bigger. I'm not kicking myself, because I'm not into taking that much risk.

Investing in Bitcoin is really risky. Don't spend what you can't afford to lose. Don't spend what you can't afford to hold for potentially years. If you can't afford to lose it, put it in something that doesn't risk your stake. Yes, the return will be pitiful.

For every person who reads this and thinks, "he isn't a true believer, he's an idiot who will be living in the gutter when the fiat economy collapses and Bitcoin has gone to the moon!" I'm sure there will be at least one other person thinking, "I wish I had not put my entire life savings into Bitcoin when it was >$800, I need the money back now and will have to sell at a loss"

So, you know, whatever you do, be prudent!

Very much agree with you.
Investing in bitcoin is really risky, and we have seen the price going from ~$200 on Nov 1 to over $1000 on Dec 1 and then to ~$600 in mid Dec.

So, please don't invest more than you can lose. Don't borrow money to invest in bitcoin and don't put all your life saving into bitcoin.

Monkey1

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:30:35 PM

Buy and hold.  Mining will not see ROI for some time.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

Buy some coins and hold on to them.
When the price rises sell a portion of them (enough to break even and make a bit of profit) and keep some for when the price gets even higher.
If the price drops along the way, then use the money you got when you sold some to buy some more coins.
And when the price raises sell....

And so on, and so on........

this is the smartest you can do.
yet, don't invest more than 15% of your savings in bitcoin.
assuming you can afford to lose those $7000 if things go bad.
everyone can say what they want, but nobody knows about tomorrow, and even if I believe that the price will go down again in early june, after that has everything to raise quite a lot later in the year.
still, bitcoin investments are very risky, some events can happen that would lead back its value close to zero. we hope not.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 08:09:20 PM

diversify

don't invest everything in one thing

my suggestion is

50% buy bitcoins and hold

10% dogecoin

10% other alt coins

30% for mining equipment if you have free electricity

cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

My advice is simple, since most replies here will be to do this and that.

You need to know the price point of this bitcoin thing, then figure a common sense price for yourself to buy.

At the set period of times you bought it and see if you see growth and invest more into.

Keep in mind though its simply a gamble, but I`m just going to assume its $7k of play money that your willing to lose.

Conclusion: $7,000 at $200 per bitcoin or anything below $400 is good enough.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:09:53 PM

Buy the real thing (Bitcoin) directly with the vast majority if not all of the money you have available for crypto in your investment portfolio. If you want to diversify to altcoins I'd stick with LTC and PPC, and avoid the worthless coins (such as Dogecoin).

PS: investion made me chuckle Smiley
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:15:10 PM

Its pretty cut clear at this point.

Since no one saw the value in it when it was literally breaking $100.

Just buy bitcoin. If you are mining that means your willing to lose a lot more fiat money and can afford it.

monsterbitty

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:59:25 PM

Just invest in bitcoin business and get profit, mining is not profitable anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: