Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:09:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop to next level coming...bail the F out now!  (Read 24589 times)
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

The lines have crossed and the drop to next level is coming along. I would strongly advice peeps to drop their load right about now while you got a chance.

I am not happy saying the above but that's what its about and a sincere shout out to homies~

The reality is that if EVERYONE thought the price would go to $100, then the price would already be at $100. The current price IS what the traders feel is reasonable.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:18:31 PM

As I mentioned, BTC got a little boner couple days back and so the downtrend has stalled for the moment though its is still heavy on the downside. Some type of mega good news may get us out of this rut but overall its taking a nap with its ass off the end of the branch like a Panda at the moment.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:33:27 AM

Meanwhile, a month later still no drop to the "next level".

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
DustyRah (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:01:05 PM

Its not my fault if BTC got a boner now is it?

Ok, jokes aside its pulling itself back out of the rut at the moment. Low volume and real slim shady right now...
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:58:58 PM

In what part of the world does 13 days constitute one month?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:45:13 PM

In what part of the worldsolarsystem does 13 days constitute one month?

An asteroid orbiting around the sun between Mercury and Venus.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
David Rabahy

Activity: 709

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:43:52 AM

In what part of the worldsolarsystem does 13 days constitute one month?
An asteroid orbiting around the sun between Mercury and Venus.
Hmm, our month comes from the time it takes for the Moon to orbit the Earth.  The Moon's orbit has been changing over time.  A very long time ago the Moon would have taken 13 days (which isn't fixed length either) to orbit the Earth (long before there were any people to count them) http://lasp.colorado.edu/life/GEOL5835/Moon_presentation_19Sept.pdf.

Of all of the known moons of our solar system http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm?Display=Moons if we look at the orbital periods http://www.windows2universe.org/our_solar_system/moons_table.html, Oberon http://www.windows2universe.org/uranus/moons/oberon.html has an orbital period closest to 13 Earth days.  So, I suppose someone on Uranus *might* choose a month to be 13 Earth days based on Oberon's orbit but it would be inconsistent since the Uranus day is only 17 hours long.  Oberon is also not the largest moon but it's close enough in size to Titania to be excused.

On the other hand, since Mercury take almost 88 days to orbit the Sun http://www.astronomynotes.com/tables/tablesb.htm, an asteroid would have to orbit much closer to the Sun than Mercury in order to orbit in just 13 days but even then no one would likely call that a month.
DustyRah (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:19:53 PM

Its trying its best to get out of the downtrend but its still bottom heavy and that's keeping it tied down.

Really need some major good news to get it over the hill else we are all on a slow boat to Bangkok...
Heider

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:17:53 PM

Lines are crossing back,... Big dip on the way!!!

UglyTroll

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:23:14 PM

I'm having a bad feeling this time Undecided
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:29:56 AM

I'm having a bad feeling this time Undecided
Yeah, now it is really going down.
Bearish!

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:50:36 AM

Brace yourselves, Amazon is coming...
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:53:58 AM

Brace yourselves, Amazon is coming...

The more people get hyped up to imagine that Bitpay is going to announce integration with Amazon, the worse it is going to be when they announce Richard Branson came round for a cup of tea or whatever.

Let's set the bar a little lower on this one  Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:12:38 AM

Have we hit this magical "next level" yet?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
DustyRah (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:43:57 AM

Positive CCI and divergence finally...

MACD, Exp still bottom heavy...
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:19:59 AM

The lines have crossed and the drop to next level is coming along. I would strongly advice peeps to drop their load right about now while you got a chance.

I am not happy saying the above but that's what its about and a sincere shout out to homies~

I think that this crash was a very reasonable correction. With the drama of Mt.Gox over and the fundamentals of Bitcoin as a currency/security largely unchanged, I think we will begin to see some upward price movement.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
thExit

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:18:49 AM

The reality is that if EVERYONE thought the price would go to $100, then the price would already be at $100. The current price IS what the traders feel is reasonable.

Passionsurf, you are absolutely right. This is who markets work, and Bitcoin is, I guess, primarily motivated by people sentiment. There is no money flow as in fiat currencies, no inflation-connected threads as with fiat currencies, no interest rates that are the primary driver of international capital.

Forget about predicting Bitcoin long term price with the use of technical analysis, especially indicators. I’ve been trading Forex since 2008 and got a bit of experience in different market conditions. I am not saying I’m a know-it-all, but I can surely tell that technical analysis is mostly outdated. Think about it, TA was developed (evolved significantly) in the XX century, and at the end of the 90’s was popular among traders who looked at the charts in the same way, because they used the same tools of analysis. Same tools=same opinion, so it was enough for one of those traders to pull the trigger earlier than others, and as others saw that an expected move is starting to happen, they joined in, contributing to a further unwinding of that price move. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Trading at that time was easy, as traders shared the opinions, if they saw x (e.g. head and shoulders formation), they expected a specific market reaction at the right-side shoulder of that formation. And so on. As computers stepped into average households and brokerage firms spotted a new market for individual traders, they developed easy access for the masses. And this is where things got complicated. A further growth of technology (computer algorithms, automated trading, HFT) contributed to a further complication of a market that in the past was quite simple. Another factor that I will not discuss is the mess made by all kinds of government interventions, QE both in the US and Europe. As a result of those factors combined, long-term price prediction on the basis of TA is not an easy task (*price prediction with high accuracy, I should add).

If a market guru is 50% of the time right, he is really market crap. Keep in mind one thing about market gurus, if he makes a claim in the past and market actually does what he said it would, then he is a guru, newspapers write about him, blablabla, but nobody remembers about the other “gurus” who were wrong. It is enough that one of the self-proclaimed gurus says “it’s gonna go up” and the other says “it’s gonna go down”, both of them have an equal chance of becoming a “guru” in the future, cause the price will either go up or down, as simple as that, and nobody will remember the other “guru” who was wrong.

Technical analysis with a satisfying accuracy level is only possible in short term, I trade intraday, using indicators and some common sense (plus fundamentals as they support market sentiment), and I would never even think of touching longer term trades. I’ve seen too many people try and fail, or try, manage to do it for some time, and fail as they thought that they CAN do it (you can imagine that as they started feeling confident with their analysis they started trading with higher stakes…).

With regard to Bitcoin, I strongly believe that it will behave similarly to markets in the 80’s and 90’s, where price movement was created by traders themselves. Bitcoin market is similar. People believe that it should go up, and make it go up. Then they are afraid that it will loose value, so they start selling, contributing to the downward movement. Same as with stocks. Of course some bad news (fundamentals) contribute to the panic setting in, news like China bank warnings and bans, exchanges bankruptcies, security issues. If people understand that they are the ones creating the price and its movement, Bitcoin price will have the chance to go up to 10k USD.

I am in favour of further Bitcoin increase in value and I hope that there won't be too much shouting for it to drop down.
Heider

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:45:55 AM

... Well, let's hope that we don't another exchange collapse similar to MtGox this year, cuz this would "really" make our day !!!

Anyhow, let's hope for the best for everyone.

Cheers
Heider

johnytelevision

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:48:48 AM

From what I saw everything looks fine. Some bitcoin based hedge found was created and china (china is only 7% of bitcoin volume) exchanges finally are moving offshore. Everything is going in right direction.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:02:45 AM

eBay said they're "actively considering" Bitcoin integration. Forget about what OP said people, BTC is going to jump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: