Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop to next level coming...bail the F out now!  (Read 24591 times)
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:00:14 PM

So basically in less than a week's time, btc went from 450 to 588 and it's over, bail the fuck out?

Um, nope.

That was the easiest money I ever made sleeping.  Grin

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heider

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:40:00 PM

Guys,

Some people are missing the point or looking at this in the wrong way.

For whatever it's worth; "at the time of posting" the US/BTC price was $542, with the lines crossing, almost less than 24 hours later, again "From the time of posting" , the price went down into $423.

The message "then" (well, from what I understood) was to sell at $542, and then wait until it goes down significantly (i.e. the $423 mentioned above), and then buy. This would help people to sell when "hopefully" the price goes up again.

For that advise, I've been thankful, and still am.

I don't see or really understand why some of you are beating up the author of this thread, and judging what he said (almost 3 weeks ago) on today's date. With what's been said, I could imagine (a year later) the same people saying "...but you said; it would drop...etc, but now it's $1,000,000,000?!"...

Common guys, to some of you; please be more sensible and lets keep this professional, shall we?

Cheers
Heider
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:58:25 PM

Guys,

For whatever it's worth; "at the time of posting" the US/BTC price was $542, with the lines crossing, almost less than 24 hours later, again "From the time of posting" , the price went down into $423.

The message "then" (well, from what I understood) was to sell at $542, and then wait until it goes down significantly (i.e. the $423 mentioned above), and then buy. This would help people to sell when "hopefully" the price goes up again.

I don't see or really understand why some of you are beating up the author of this thread, and judging what he said (almost 3 weeks ago) on today's date. With what's been said, I could imagine (a year later) the same people saying "...but you said; it would drop...etc, but now it's $1,000,000,000?!"...

Common guys, to some of you; please be more sensible and lets keep this professional, shall we?

Cheers
Heider

What if i told you that only TO DA MOON post are welcomed here? Get out of here you flaming troll.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:47:36 PM

Guys,

Cheers
Heider

So "bail the F out" is now professional??  Mmmmkay.

There's a difference between:

1) "Hey, if you're into market-timing, sell now and buy back in cheaper later."

and

2) "BTC drop to next level coming...bail the F out now!"

LOL, good grief.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Heider

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:38:26 AM

Guys,

Cheers
Heider

So "bail the F out" is now professional??  Mmmmkay.

There's a difference between:

1) "Hey, if you're into market-timing, sell now and buy back in cheaper later."

and

2) "BTC drop to next level coming...bail the F out now!"

LOL, good grief.

Well, it really depends on how you interpret the letter "F"... Smiley

F could mean; "Front Door", "Fox", "Fish", or "Foot", or even "Falafel" ...etc. Smiley

Not that I know the person creating this thread in case you wondered for the record.

But What I'm trying to say is the guy (or girl) warned us about something, and "at the time of warning", it was true and did make sense. Don't you agree?

Yes, the language used could have been a little better, but still, was a million times more professionl than swearing at other members and being totally disrespectful. Not sure, trying to prove how scary they are perhaps!?... don't know...

If everyone agrees; I think the forum is getting pretty dated where all blaming someone about 3 weeks ago and forgetting that it was aimed at the time of posting (3 weeks ago, "not now") and that BTC price shooting up or down by the second.

Perhaps we should move on to do something more productive than showing how badly the point has been missed.

At the end of the day, what's the point when some are being nasty to others? Seriousley, how is that helpful?

favelle75

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:46:15 AM

But What I'm trying to say is the guy (or girl) warned us about something, and "at the time of warning", it was true and did make sense. Don't you agree?

No, I didn't agree. Nor did most people in this thread. There was no reason to "bail the F out". BTC was fine and sure enough, it went back up, like it always does. So the "warning" was unwarranted.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Heider

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:53:49 AM

No, I didn't agree. Nor did most people in this thread. There was no reason to "bail the F out". BTC was fine and sure enough, it went back up, like it always does. So the "warning" was unwarranted.

Sure mate,... good point.

You saw "an opinion" online; you are cleaver enough to take it or leave it, but why the swearing at others?

For you, yes, it went back up 3 weeks later, buf for me, I made a good earn when sold at $530 and bought at $430, and then sold again at $598. to me (at least) that was brilliant, and I learned something from this.

I hope you can see my point.

H

Heider

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:01:48 AM

... And just to cheer everybody up...

Jees, it's nearly 7am now...

Must head to the F'ing office... Otherwise, I'd be F'ing late Smiley
favelle75

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:28:45 AM

Sure mate,... good point.

You saw "an opinion" online; you are cleaver enough to take it or leave it, but why the swearing at others?

For you, yes, it went back up 3 weeks later, buf for me, I made a good earn when sold at $530 and bought at $430, and then sold again at $598. to me (at least) that was brilliant, and I learned something from this.

I hope you can see my point.

H

Not exactly sure where I was swearing at others, but ok then.

And congrats you succeeded at a SINGLE market timing event. Yay. History has shown in ANY market that market timing is a risky and often futile endeavour. Congrats on beating it once.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
thExit

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:50:12 PM

BTC was fine and sure enough, it went back up, like it always does. So the "warning" was unwarranted.

And congrats you succeeded at a SINGLE market timing event. Yay. History has shown in ANY market that market timing is a risky and often futile endeavour. Congrats on beating it once.

Hello Favelle75, I strongly support your point concerning market timing, how hard it is to read the market with constant precision and success, but I need to disagree on what you mentioned earlier, that BTC will always go up at a future point in time. Or perhaps, yes, it is likely that an uptrend will resume after a corrective downward movement or a downtrend, but as the BTC price develops (in a perspective of few years), it will have more room to go down freely, without immediate pressure for an upturn. As I view it, the market is still fresh, BTC has a lot of enthusiasts looking at it, and it will be fairly easy to drive the price higher, as it is in line with BTC holders' expectations. But please, I am addressing this to every BTC investor, do not get fooled into a trap where you start buying into a downtrend, and it drops and drops and drops... I've seen this happen to numerous people in the Forex market, where it seemed unlikely that a downtrend or an uptrend would persist that long, and they were hoping that the market will reverse. But it didn’t. Not before their account was wiped clean. There are no such things as “like it always does”.

Favelle75, you are very wise to speak about market timing, but do not assume that in the financial markets there is anything certain. There are only chances and probability.

If one was looking for ways to be more profitable at trading BTC, I recommend digging through some Forex/stock market methods, especially for swing trading, as it seems what most people here are trying to do. Best wishes to all of us Smiley
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:11:37 AM

BTC was fine and sure enough, it went back up, like it always does. So the "warning" was unwarranted.

Hello Favelle75, I strongly support your point concerning market timing, how hard it is to read the market with constant precision and success, but I need to disagree on what you mentioned earlier, that BTC will always go up at a future point in time. Or perhaps, yes, it is likely that an uptrend will resume after a corrective downward movement or a downtrend, but as the BTC price develops (in a perspective of few years), it will have more room to go down freely, without immediate pressure for an upturn. As I view it, the market is still fresh, BTC has a lot of enthusiasts looking at it, and it will be fairly easy to drive the price higher, as it is in line with BTC holders' expectations. But please, I am addressing this to every BTC investor, do not get fooled into a trap where you start buying into a downtrend, and it drops and drops and drops... I've seen this happen to numerous people in the Forex market, where it seemed unlikely that a downtrend or an uptrend would persist that long, and they were hoping that the market will reverse. But it didn’t. Not before their account was wiped clean. There are no such things as “like it always does”.

Favelle75, you are very wise to speak about market timing, but do not assume that in the financial markets there is anything certain. There are only chances and probability.

If one was looking for ways to be more profitable at trading BTC, I recommend digging through some Forex/stock market methods, especially for swing trading, as it seems what most people here are trying to do. Best wishes to all of us Smiley

Please see the previous time I made a similar post, that was the time it was at all time high around $1000 and it clearly dropped like a bomb after my post. I have made only two such posts including this one. At that time, I posted a chart as well.

The whole point of this post as well as last one is some discussion about indicators and technical analysis. About understanding different aspects of trend while at the same time being wary that fundamentals play an important part as well.

If you are already good at it all then this post would not be useful to you.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:28:55 AM

good strategy - bail the F out, buy more coins lower then HODL. but only if we go lower. . .
favelle75

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:18:40 AM

Guys,

For whatever it's worth; "at the time of posting" the US/BTC price was $542,

WTF? Are you on crack or are you just outright lying? On April 27th, Bitcoin was less than $450.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Heider

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:41:10 AM

Hi Favelle,

When I was replying yesterday; I was looking at the 27th of March (Not 27th of April) mistakenly.

Sorry, my fault.

Regards
Heider
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:44:59 AM

good strategy - bail the F out, buy more coins lower then HODL. but only if we go lower. . .

The price is going to drop some. There's good news as of lately, but nothing solid yet. Therefore there's nothing that was really driving the increase. Soon, though... soon.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
thExit

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:09:56 AM

The whole point of this post as well as last one is some discussion about indicators and technical analysis. About understanding different aspects of trend while at the same time being wary that fundamentals play an important part as well.

If you are already good at it all then this post would not be useful to you.

As you are saying, the point of posting is to give some ideas/provoke a discussion, so that others and ourselves can benefit. This is how knowledge evolves. People do not need to listen to other ppl's advice, they have the right not to share, like or accept their views, that's fine, but I do not understand the amount of negative comments in this or similar threads. Nothing useful, just swearing, shouting, other bs. That's life.

Just for the record, Coindesk has published (on May 28, 2014 at 10:33 BST) an interesting article regarding the recent growth in BTC price, trying to determin the forces behind the move.
Heider

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:41:39 AM

The price is going to drop some. There's good news as of lately, but nothing solid yet. Therefore there's nothing that was really driving the increase. Soon, though... soon.

Couldn't agree more, thanks for the advice mate, appreciated.
Heider

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

Looking at the trends; I've just took a big chunk and queued it for an order on $446 now.

Yes, crazy, but, if it drops within the next few days, then great, if not, then lost nothing anyway...

Even if it goes up in between, it will go back down...

That's me!

Cheers
Heider

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

Looking at the trends; I've just took a big chunk and queued it for an order on $446 now.

Yes, crazy, but, if it drops within the next few days, then great, if not, then lost nothing anyway...

Even if it goes up in between, it will go back down...

That's me!

Cheers
Heider

It is just tanking for some hours/ days, after the 2,500 dump the whales are waiting if there is another idiot dumper before continuing the pump, classic strategy.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:15:05 PM

$610....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: