Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:54:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop to next level coming...bail the F out now!  (Read 24589 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:01:44 AM

Price broke up out of trend, but it is always easy looking back. What is gonna happen next is unkown, you can not predict it.

You couldn't predict when the down movement would stop you could predict that it would reverse at some point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

Price broke up out of trend, but it is always easy looking back. What is gonna happen next is unkown, you can not predict it.

You couldn't predict when the down movement would stop you could predict that it would reverse at some point.

I agree but now are we definetely in the new uptrend or the recent rally is only a dead cat bounce?
Who knows, let's see what will happen and in the meantime hodl  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Predicting that it will reverse between now and the end of the universe is quite useless.
What is your point?

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
Heider

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:25:09 AM

Looking at the stats,

It was trying to go up now, but there has been a pillar of 1200 BitCoins since early morning (684 BTC remaining now) to be exact placed to sell at $655 which is making it bounce back every time it tries to eat it.

Over the past 3 days I noticed similar activities, I was shocked when I first saw 2400 BTC few days ago.

The volume is increasing at the moment which promises higher value on the run. Again, No one can predict it. But if the the Bid-Sum goes up again, then the price should "in theory" shoot up.

I don't know by saying this, if it would do the exact opposite just because I am posting this (I truly believe it now). I am just explaining what I am seeing, I no longer care about if posting would affect it for future.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Heider
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:13:50 PM

The lines have crossed...blah blabbidy blah...watch your a$$ out there plz!
DustyRah (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:15:02 PM

Looking at the stats,

It was trying to go up now, but there has been a pillar of 1200 BitCoins since early morning (684 BTC remaining now) to be exact placed to sell at $655 which is making it bounce back every time it tries to eat it.

Over the past 3 days I noticed similar activities, I was shocked when I first saw 2400 BTC few days ago.

The volume is increasing at the moment which promises higher value on the run. Again, No one can predict it. But if the the Bid-Sum goes up again, then the price should "in theory" shoot up.

I don't know by saying this, if it would do the exact opposite just because I am posting this (I truly believe it now). I am just explaining what I am seeing, I no longer care about if posting would affect it for future.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Heider

I am not sure its going to cut through that, it appears to be running out of momentum.
Heider

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:41:01 PM

Well DustyRah...

Volumes are drying up, lines crossed again into the negative and then back out into revive yesterday, don't know why though, could it be that some investors might have had enough and decided to call their BTC off?!

Don't know really, but seeing the price hovering around $650 could indicate that it's the true actual value of what it's worth now, which also means that as the time goes by, if no horrible news comes up, then there is no other way than going up. Well, until of course, another exchange decides to take off with the money like MtGOX Smiley

Regards
Heider

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:47:42 PM

Predicting that it will reverse between now and the end of the universe is quite useless.
What is your point?

That buying at most prices along the downtrend was a wise choice.
DustyRah (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:10:56 AM

Well DustyRah...

Volumes are drying up, lines crossed again into the negative and then back out into revive yesterday, don't know why though, could it be that some investors might have had enough and decided to call their BTC off?!

Don't know really, but seeing the price hovering around $650 could indicate that it's the true actual value of what it's worth now, which also means that as the time goes by, if no horrible news comes up, then there is no other way than going up. Well, until of course, another exchange decides to take off with the money like MtGOX Smiley

Regards
Heider

Yes, you are correct. This would be expected given the rise in a short time. BTC would have to keep its own into the 6xx level for a couple weeks or more and we are good to go on a long term basis.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

anxiety is starting to build up, massive sell offs coming.

okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:55:12 PM

anxiety is starting to build up, massive sell offs coming.

boredom is starting to build up, which means we're about to break upwards Smiley
Heider

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:06:08 PM

Regardless of how down it will go now.

If in 3 months time it goes up, then I am still not selling now.

I had to get this out of my chest in case whoever is controlling the BTC movement is reading this thread...

it WILL go up eventually...

Regards
Heider
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:11:09 PM

I had to get this out of my chest in case whoever is controlling the BTC movement is reading this thread...

Regards
Heider

Everyone will just hold their coins indefinitely for the rest of their life. Very nice agile economy.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:43:31 PM

Regards
Heider

Yes just hold your coins and do be weakhand, unless you are seeing sub 200 prices you shoulnt panic, and if thats the case would be a huge opportunity to buy cheap coins  Smiley
DustyRah (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:50:23 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:59:07 AM by DustyRah

Regards
Heider

Everyone will just hold their coins indefinitely for the rest of their life. Very nice agile economy.

Well, no one is saying "indefinitely", everyone has their target price I guess.
Heider

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:26:16 AM

Regards
Heider

Well, no is saying "indefinitely", everyone has their target price I guess.

... Don't worry, I'm still making money Smiley
mikerbiker6

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

more bad news,
Ghash>50%
and FBI selling of thousands of coins.

Not saying it is going to go down, just following the breadcrumbs.

thExit

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 12:19:53 PM

This thread has been a true inspiration for a potential business, first I thought about people wanting to “bail the F out now!” but that would like to do it “legally”, complying with tax guidelines, yet not sacrificing xx% towards tax payments. That’s fine, you can still pay the tax and make that money back in a relatively short period.

Then I thought about people who would like to invest in Bitcoin, but who are newcomers and are somewhat scared, about people who wanted to “bail the F in now!”, but would like to have a backup plan in case their investment does not work out (i.e. BTC decreases in value over time up to an extent that they will no longer tolerate, for example a 30% loss in relation to the initial investment). Same as with those willing to pay the taxes and make that money back, if you decide you’ve lost enough and want to make up for that loss, here is where I come into play. I think that there is a greater potential among those who would like to get in (potentially the whole world:) than among those who are already in but would like to get out. This thread has shifted my view, thanks to every person participating in this discussion!
Heider

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:29:41 PM

more bad news,
Ghash>50%

... Did the FBI "find" the missing MtGox's coins already?! Sounds like a good deal to me Grin

Cheers!
thExit

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:26:07 AM

more bad news,
Ghash>50%

... Did the FBI "find" the missing MtGox's coins already?! Sounds like a good deal to me Grin

Cheers!

Actually it's the US Marshall Service selling approx. 30k Bitcoins, a part of what the FBI seized after taking down the Silk Road. The other part is approx. 145k Bitcoins held ina  different wallet. The 30k are meant to be auctioned on the 27th of June 2014, to participate one needs to deposit 200k USD and comply with other rules blablabla http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/

This recent slump is somehow connected with this news, the auction is the Sealed Bid Auction type, so participants do not know other bids, and the highest figure wins the auction. Thus it is reasonable to use the falling price until the 27th of June, by constantly selling portions of BTC, and to buy back the BTC at a relatively low level from the USMS- if you sold higher you would be able to offer a good price at the auction, a price close to the market price on the 27th of June. As a result you would have your BTC back, plus the dollar amount that constitutes the difference between what you've earned by selling from the higher price to the lower price and what you've paid at the auction. Quite risky, or rather aggressive investment style, more common among hedge funds outsider of Bitcoin industry.

The other scenario is that interested parties would now sell the equivalent of 200k USD to become a bidder, and sell the remaining Bitcoins only upon winning a block/blocks of 3k BTC. In such a case, there would be a need for a quick selloff, as the USMS wants to receive the payment within 24 hours, and this quick selloff would be probably even more risky to the participants, as the price could drop to a lower level that they bid on the auction. The market is mature enough to absorb the potential amount even if it were he equivalent of the whole 30k Bitcoin lot (roughly half of today’s BTC trade volume), but what would happen with the price at that time? A further slump perhaps, but probably followed by a fast recovery. It’s hard to speculate, cause there will be many players choosing different approaches, probably very different from those two I’ve described above:) So no worries, I don’t view the auction as a threat to BTC price, rather an opportunity to get in at a lower price.

BTW, the mentioning of MtGox coins being found by the FBI made my laugh, good one Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: