Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Costumes/Props for BTC  (Read 1805 times)
Vanderbleek (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 06:35:29 AM

Just throwing this out there -- I am an aspiring Costumer/Prop-Maker willing to work for BTC. I work in a variety of materials (leather, fabric, foam, some metal, etc.) and am willing to make just about anything (I've done costumes from video-games, anime, movies, as well as historical costumes ((my specialty))). 

I am slowly adding more to my Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/dvanderbleek) and to my blog (http://dvanderbleek.com).

If you are interested, would like a quote on something, or more pictures of my portfolio, please feel free to post or PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 06:49:37 AM

Watching this thread.

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 06:28:33 PM

As am I

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Uncle Scrooge

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:50:40 PM

Do you dabble in photography backdrops?
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

Do you dabble in photography backdrops?

As in the big canvas/sheet type things? I haven't ever made one before, but I do work with textiles, paints, dyes and such so depending on what you were looking for, I might be able to do it.
Uncle Scrooge

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:53:13 PM

Yes I'm looking for realistic nature,waterfront & urban scenes.
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 03:49:38 AM

I probably wouldn't be much help there (unless you wanted a scale model of a city, for a Godzilla style shoot). I'd find a photographer (or snap some pictures yourself) and go to a vinyl banner making business and have them print it off. Would probably be around $150 for backdrop sized.

Thanks for asking though, anyone else have questions? I'll have to post pictures of my current project when I'm done -- it's a Vault jumpsuit from Fallout.
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:42:08 AM

Big cosplay fan here, but i also have been trying to find a gown for an event in october for my wife. Trying to find what exactly I want though.

www.bitminter.com

!
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:51:08 AM

Big cosplay fan here, but i also have been trying to find a gown for an event in october for my wife. Trying to find what exactly I want though.

I do cosplay, but I also have done some dresses (primarily historical, simple ones). That's not to say I couldn't do something more detailed (I do fairly delicate embroidery) I just haven't had a reason to.

You can see some pictures of finished pieces I made here: https://plus.google.com/photos/108764818229271204381/albums/5652959011308484449.
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:57:59 AM

I was thinking something like this for the misses, (no gown for now)
http://angelhawk-mcmlxxxi.deviantart.com/art/FF-XIII-Jihl-Nabaat-135142613

and something like this for myself
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-09/ff13-cid-raines.html

www.bitminter.com

!
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 06:45:32 AM

Oooh, I'm actually working on Lightning's armor from XIII-2 for someone right now (no pics yet, unfortunately). I don't really play FF games, but their characters are popular, and they do have nice, detailed costumes. Even if they aren't always physically possible. (And the Square Enix designers REALLY like belts and buckles.)

Just as a note, costumes (especially detailed, custom ones) are not cheap. Materials for a simple, 100% fabric one typically run about $40 or more (that's a basic renaissance shirt and pants, about as simple as it comes). The more detail is added, the more price goes up -- the embroidered cuffs in my album took about 15 hours each to make. Those cuffs are on the high-end of time-consuming, but typically it takes me 2-3 weeks to get a costume done, from planning to finished.
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 06:59:04 AM

for the pair, on average sizes, what would you estimate the price to be?

www.bitminter.com

!
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:43:24 PM

Without doing a full, piece-by-piece estimation of materials and such, they'd probably be in the $400 range (each). There's a LOT of detail in those costumes, and doing things like all the stitching/applique on Cid's coat would take a really long time (not to mention they both have quite a bit of fabric).

As a note, I wouldn't be able to begin work until mid-February or so, when I'm finished with my current queue.
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 06:54:14 PM

no problem on the time line. I think the price sounds right. Ill touch base again with you in Feb?

www.bitminter.com

!
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 12:03:56 AM

Yeah -- I'll try to get some good pictures of the lightning armor I'm working on. I'll let you know if I get things done ahead of schedule.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 03:38:04 PM

Let me know if you ever need any hand tooled leather work done. My brother-in-law, Martin Basurto, tooled three motorcycle seats for Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, one for Jesse James, as well as a myriad of other works for many renown personalities. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37094.0

This is what my altered ego, The Bitcoin Guy, desires.

A suit like the one below, but in place of questions marks, I want Bitcoin logos.

• A cape to mathch
  • Orange shoes similar to what Max Keiser wore at the Prague Convention
  • A half mask (cross between Sparta and Lady Gaga)
  • A bola for a tie with that uses a sliding physical bitcoin

Ideally, I'll want two made, in case one is in the cleaners, gets damaged while leaping tall buildings, etc.

~Bruno (The Bitcoin Guy)~
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 10:50:49 PM

Phinnaeus Gage

I loled so hard. would be fun to see at comic con or something...raise awareness against big government controlled capitalism!

www.bitminter.com

!
Vanderbleek (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 02:27:11 AM

Phinnaeus Gage, your brother-in-law's leather work is stunning. I dabble in leather, but it's mostly making armor and such, nothing super decorative like that. I'll make sure to get in touch if I ever need something of that caliber.

As for the "Bitcoin Man" costume, it wouldn't be too hard (the jacket, pants, and cape at least). The difficulty would come from getting the logo all over...I could silk screen it, I suppose, or use Spoonflower.com (probably easier, cheaper, and better looking). The cape I'd do a single, big applique.

I don't know what you mean by the shoes -- generally Chucks come in fun colors, and aren't terribly uncomfortable.

I would have to do some research on the mask, and send you some sketches to make sure I've got the right idea.

Bolo would be pretty easy, I think.

My rough guesstimate for something like that would be $200/set. I can do more specific calculations if you're really interested. You'd be behind ZodiacDragon84 though, so it'd be a little while before I could get started.
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 02:33:57 AM

oh no. I think gages should be done before mine... His much more interesting, and there is plenty of time yet for details on mine Cheesy

www.bitminter.com

!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:46:19 AM

Phinnaeus Gage, your brother-in-law's leather work is stunning. I dabble in leather, but it's mostly making armor and such, nothing super decorative like that. I'll make sure to get in touch if I ever need something of that caliber.

As for the "Bitcoin Man" costume, it wouldn't be too hard (the jacket, pants, and cape at least). The difficulty would come from getting the logo all over...I could silk screen it, I suppose, or use Spoonflower.com (probably easier, cheaper, and better looking). The cape I'd do a single, big applique.

I don't know what you mean by the shoes -- generally Chucks come in fun colors, and aren't terribly uncomfortable.

I would have to do some research on the mask, and send you some sketches to make sure I've got the right idea.

Bolo would be pretty easy, I think.

My rough guesstimate for something like that would be $200/set. I can do more specific calculations if you're really interested. You'd be behind ZodiacDragon84 though, so it'd be a little while before I could get started.

Mark your calendar, VDB: Tennessee Renaissance Festival

The price does seem fair. I'll PM you the mask specs and why it's important. Shoes are not a problem. Mostly wanting the suit, cape and bola to work in concert with each other. This is what I'm leaning toward to now. Bitcoin logo cape, sliding physical Bitcoin on the bola, and the custom fit tailor-made suit with embroidered logos of companies that now accept Bitcoin: Memory Dealers; archive.org; Grass Hill Alpacas; ect. (just realized that I'll need to wear those socks) An example of the suit is pictured below. I'm thinking more casual than formal. As far as the bola, I'm considered hand tooled leather that Martin could do. Of course I'll have a Bitcoin themed leather wallet.

I would rather not include many Bitcoin only related companies, but would consider it provided ad space was paid for. It wouldn't be much, but would at least cover the cost of the embroidery.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: