Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are parsecs 3.3 times faster than light?  (Read 474 times)
Bitcoin Magazine (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

does it have anything to do with the real speed of light (the arcsecond)??    Tongue

i am here.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:43:19 PM

What? Parsec is a unite of distance not a speed unit, and you probably meant light years not light speed, and it's 3.3 because it's happened to be like that, it uses the astronomical unite aka distance from sun to earth a Parsec is the distance from the sun to the point to which you have an arcsecond (the point is on the axe of the earth orbit around the sun)  I think you'll find better explanations on the internet than me trying to explain it to you.

Just know that Parsec is more practical to Astronomers than light year as it allows direct interpretation of data from objects you want to measure the distance to you in space
Bitcoin Magazine (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

What? Parsec is a unite of distance not a speed unit, and you probably meant light years not light speed, and it's 3.3 because it's happened to be like that, it uses the astronomical unite aka distance from sun to earth a Parsec is the distance from the sun to the point to which you have an arcsecond (the point is on the axe of the earth orbit around the sun)  I think you'll find better explanations on the internet than me trying to explain it to you.

Just know that Parsec is more practical to Astronomers than light year as it allows direct interpretation of data from objects you want to measure the distance to you in space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCSQd0eJKQQ

i am here.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:54:22 PM

.......yeah great a game called parsec .......
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: