Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a pool like Luke-Jr's, but without Luke-Jr?  (Read 1304 times)
fromheten (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 06:44:20 PM

I've been using Eligius a long time now, and it is really designed good. Is there another pool that does not require registration but is not affiliated with Luke-Jr? An alternative, that is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 07:00:26 PM

The Bitparking merged mining pool also has a minimal interface. It used to be purely address-based when it was namecoin-only, but with merged mining you now have a user name (still with no password, and mining/payment addresses that can't be changed).
Reecek

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:46:31 PM

gonna check that out aswell
markio

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:33:15 AM

Did you try the p2p pool?
markio

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:41:34 AM

P2Pool. Decentralized pool. You are your own pool operator. You need to run a full Bitcoin client, and the p2pool software along with the mining program, but it's entirely worth it.

P2Pool is good for the decentralization of the network. It doesn't put the power in the hands of a few large pool operators.

You receive all your Bitcoins directly in your client, similar to what you are accustomed to with Eligius.

Plus a few guys are donating to the miners of P2Pool in the form of extra daily payments!

It's a little bit more difficult to set up, but runs great once you have it up and running. It's really a no-brainer.
I'm going to switch over too, the extra daily payments sounds great.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 07:38:01 AM

Don't you love how highly biting, aggressive, taboo or politically incorrect topics related to people's businesses are started by newbies who are surprisingly well educated on the history of the businesses and forum presences despite having less than 5 posts, but whose questions are answered almost immediately by those with over hundreds of posts?

Not implying anything, just strikes me as odd that this happens moreso in topics of alt-currencies moreso than any other.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 07:56:53 AM

Don't you love how highly biting, aggressive, taboo or politically incorrect topics related to people's businesses are started by newbies who are surprisingly well educated on the history of the businesses and forum presences despite having less than 5 posts, but whose questions are answered almost immediately by those with over hundreds of posts?

Not implying anything, just strikes me as odd that this happens moreso in topics of alt-currencies moreso than any other.

Did you post this in the correct thread? This is about mining pools, not alt-currencies.

Edit: Also, there was no "highly biting, aggressive, taboo, or politically incorrect" speech in this entire thread! If the OP has an issue with Luke-Jr, he certainly didn't take the chance to bring it up, and even commented on how well Eligius is designed. The more I read your post, the more it disturbs me. And for what it's worth, I answered because I've been promoting P2Pool as much as I possibly can, because I believe the mining situation is far too centralized for the health of Bitcoin, which I do hope still exists far into the future (Bitcoin that is, not the mining situation).  

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 08:29:35 AM

Did you post this in the correct thread?

As ridiculous as my post may have seen since I did go a bit into a rant, I have a hard time believing anyone could look at this thread and not think of it as just more picking on Luke Jr. (For the record, don't know him, don't care).

And let me show you:

I've been using Eligius a long time now, and it is really designed good. Is there another pool that does not require registration but is not affiliated with Luke-Jr? An alternative, that is.

A) he knows the name of the pool he is a member of; and

B) has been there a long time

Why wouldn't he just ask "Are their any other pools like Eligius?", unless of course he was just trying to stir the hornets nest. No offense need be taken. I am just presenting my viewpoint.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 08:47:46 AM

Did you post this in the correct thread?

As ridiculous as my post may have seen since I did go a bit into a rant, I have a hard time believing anyone could look at this thread and not think of it as just more picking on Luke Jr. (For the record, don't know him, don't care).

And let me show you:

A) he knows the name of the pool he is a member of; and

B) has been there a long time

Why wouldn't he just ask "Are their any other pools like Eligius?", unless of course he was just trying to stir the hornets nest. No offense need be taken. I am just presenting my viewpoint.

OK, I see where you are coming from now since you aren't implying it anymore and just telling me directly!  Cheesy

Oh, I didn't take offense. When I said I was disturbed, I meant it felt like I was in the twilight zone when reading your post. After all, you do mention alt currencies for the first time in the thread as if we were having a discussion about them!

Honestly, I don't care about any of the Luke-Jr stuff. I just want the network to me more robust against DDOS, the 51% attack, and anything else you can think of that might rear it's ugly head. And that's why I stopped by to mention the advantages of P2Pool.

I've mentioned P2Pool in other threads about Luke-Jr as well, for what it's worth. Not because of anything Luke-Jr did, but because I don't think people should be so willing to give up their "vote" in the network so easily, regardless of who they are giving it to. And if Eligius was a P2Pool, what many have suggested happened, couldn't have happened. I've been very vocal about deepbit's size in the past as well, but I have no problem with [Tycho] what-so-ever (other than the fact that he allows his pool to grow so large when it causes a few concerns for the network).

+1 about Deepbit's size.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: