Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Several steady unknown deposits on my MtGox account  (Read 5535 times)
cYnd (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:24:19 PM

Heyho,

I don't know if this is the right forum fpr my matter, if it isn't so please excuse me an move the thread Wink

Now to my matter:

Since a few days, i get steady deposits on my MtGox account and i don't know why or from who these deposits are. I contacted the MtGox-support and they just can say, that thats for real and they can't say more about that, because it's not a mistkae from them.
I also contacted the pool in which i'm mining and they also told me, thats not their adress.
So perhaps one of you knows what this is or can help me, perhaps one one you just put the wrong adress(which is mine) and i get his or her payouts.
Don't think i wouldn't take these BTC, but i don't really want any troubel or "steal" someones BTC.
So, if you noticed, that you don#t recieve your payouts, it could be the case, that i recieve them Cheesy
If so, i will give you all your BTC back, i haven't sold them or something like that (but please understand, that you will have to send me details about that, so that no idiot just steals it)

So: if you miss some of your BTC, please let me knowand send me a PM, otherwise i think i'll keep them Tongue

(And please excuse me, if my english isn't sometimes bad Tongue )
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:32:02 PM

You're doing just fine with your English.

Most probably, someone made a mistake (typo) registering a bitcoin address with their pool.
It's cryptographically improbable that their client would generate identical private key as yours.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:32:18 PM

How could somebody verify that they've made that mistake? (It wasn't me, BTW).

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:32:49 PM

This is really nice of you. You're a great person. Good job.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 08:35:25 PM

Are they for very much?

It is not a typo, that is too unlikely.

Even after Gox says it is not an error it is probably their error.

Do you know for sure how the deposits are made? Transaction to bitcoin address (same every time?) or a MtGox Bitcoin code?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:36:47 PM

I agree, I just don't know how anyone could prove they made the mistake.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:39:21 PM

Just don't tell us the address since then everyone could claim them, demand the address to be specified and verify.
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:40:36 PM

Yes, it is more or less right now (i don't want to tell the exact amount, so if someone "lost" the btc, he can proove, that it's true) but it's about 15 BTC now and yes it is everytime the same adress and the same amount (please understand i also want to tell the same amount) but it's less than 0,1 but there are much of this deposits Wink
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 08:42:04 PM

How could somebody verify that they've made that mistake? (It wasn't me, BTW).

If the person sent them themselves they can send from that address again to prove it was them.

edit: But I guess it looks like pool payments.

scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 08:44:38 PM

I agree, I just don't know how anyone could prove they made the mistake.

I believe if the sending address is found on blockexplorer or something, the sender can sign messages with their private key that would prove they really own the address.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:45:53 PM

Yeah i also think but my pool said the adress isn't him, but i mined in some other pools, but since some time not anymore, so i couldn't belvie it's from an old pool, but i'll contact them

EDIT: if these payouts are realy from someone, i think it's enough that he can tell me the exact amount, adress and time, i recieved the BTC
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:03:38 PM

Yeah i also think but my pool said the adress isn't him, but i mined in some other pools, but since some time not anymore, so i couldn't belvie it's from an old pool, but i'll contact them

EDIT: if these payouts are realy from someone, i think it's enough that he can tell me the exact amount, adress and time, i recieved the BTC

This is not enought proof because you posted the adress before! I think a transaction over a specific amount determined by you from the same adress would be proof enough.
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:07:10 PM

This is not enought proof because you posted the adress before! I think a transaction over a specific amount determined by you from the same adress would be proof enough.

i didn't postet the adress, but i also want an another payout as you say for proof Wink

But right now i got a PM, someone attempted to get the BTC, but i can say quite for sure, that he didn't payed these BTC Cheesy
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 09:11:57 PM

Most probably, someone made a mistake (typo) registering a bitcoin address with their pool.

I believe it's about 1 in 4billion that you would typo and come up with a valid bitcoin address. It unimaginably more unlikely than that you would typo to an address that someone had the key for.

Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:13:20 PM

hell, these litte greedy f..kers. tell us the username so we know how to treat 'em in future.
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:16:58 PM

Code:
Those are my BTC from the mistake that ABC pool made confusing your address and my address. 

Here the full story :

When I first sign up to mine at ABCpool I see in address field some address starting with 1.............

I thought that they got address from Bitcoin client automatically and I did not change it and left as it was.

I noticed that payments did not come to my client and I stop mining at ABCpool !

I did not change address in ABCpool account and those payments gone to your MtGox probably because I was noob.

What can I do to get my BTC back ? Pls i mined for like so much time I did not get anything back from abc pool and I thought they were cheating me !

Thats what he says Cheesy

i don't want to tell the name yet, just waiting what he has to tell Cheesy
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:23:18 PM

nearly impossible...but ok, let's see what hair-raising fairy-tales to come. could be fun. keep us informed
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:24:00 PM

It goes on:

Code:
It's 100% percent true ! 

Anyone else mine at ABCpool like you that saying its their coins 

I really am not lying i was idiot because I not change address in ABC pool configurator website becacuse I thinked that was taken from MY bitcoin client addresses so I would get the coins but I left it like it was and all the payouts went to you !

How can I prove !? I mine at ABCpool and I did not get paid anything  I feel really sad because I pay huge electric bill and can't afford to pay now and they are probably going to leave me without lights next month because I can't pay what I mine on YOUR address at abcpool because I did not change address in abc pool web configurator !
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:35:19 PM

huh, I don't believe a single word. adress field at abc pool is defenitly empty when setting up a new account...
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:40:47 PM

also i think its impossible that the the pool changes the adresses, also i don't believ if so, it wouldn't be this MtGox account.
Also there a logic mistake:
he said, he doesn't mine anymore at ABCPool, but why do i get still these payouts Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: