Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Several steady unknown deposits on my MtGox account  (Read 5535 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:51:00 PM

Maybe their mafia deposits? Take the money and head off to Jamaica!

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cYnd (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:53:23 PM

Maybe their mafia deposits? Take the money and head off to Jamaica!

Great idea, i just have to wait until the price for 1 BTC is about 15$ and them i'm gon e  Grin
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:55:53 PM

he could also sell the graphic cards to pay for electricity.

can you tell us how many posts the user has ? or when he registered ?
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:56:56 PM

Sure i can Wink

Position: Jr. Member
Date Registered: November 10, 2011, 12:31:52 AM
senbonzakura

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:58:48 PM

hmm, someone who registered few months ago, kept the account to use it to scam others later ....? (because only 7 posts)

cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:59:47 PM

hmm, someone who registered few months ago, kept the account to use it to scam others later ....? (because only 7 posts)

Could be, or he thought he can easily get these bitcoins by this opportunity Cheesy
i don't really trust him
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 10:01:21 PM

I think a possibility is a pool screw-up. If the pool had a database index problem or some glitch where a bad address field made the payout script use the previous user's address, someone's payments could be sent to someone else's address in the pool. The true owner of the pool account who hasn't been getting their payments should be able to look at their pool account history and verify the amount and time of every missing payout. If more detail is needed, the pool op could help.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:06:30 PM

This is simple, no? Just ask ABCpool if his account had payouts to your address.

cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:09:32 PM

I think a possibility is a pool screw-up. If the pool had a database index problem or some glitch where a bad address field made the payout script use the previous user's address, someone's payments could be sent to someone else's address in the pool. The true owner of the pool account who hasn't been getting their payments should be able to look at their pool account history and verify the amount and time of every missing payout. If more detail is needed, the pool op could help.

that's true and that's what i said to him, but he told me the wrong overall amount and the wrong amount of all the particular payouts.
Although he's an logic problem, because he said, that he stopped mining there, but i'm getting depsoits right now.
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 10:14:24 PM

If you want to identify the payout source, you can follow the payments backwards in block explorer, eventually you will find the original block that generated the coins, and that block may be in a pool's "found block #" stats page, or be identifiable if there's another "who found the block" site around like pident.
cYnd (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 01:20:13 AM

Because someone contacted me, and wanted these BTC and obviously isn't the real owner, i will show you his texts, so you can have your own thoughs of him (hopefully it's a warning for some of you Wink )

(Please excuse me, i forgot to save my message, so i can just post his texts)
All messages are recieved from: poppyh

Quote from: poppyh
Code: (Message 1)
I have not checked my Bitcoin client as it is not updated but it seems like I did not get the payouts from my pool which is about 12.9 BTC and I have 0 transactions in the client even though I kept it open. 

I mined those 12 or 13 BTC at ABCpool pool and I don't think I got any in my client. Maybe they mixed things up ?

My address is 1D84JAfhUE4eiBa8tZF5VXJ8S8LoswxHZn

I stopped mining at ABC pool since I did not get the payout but I think I now understand where they went 

I would be very grateful if you could send some of the BTC back

Code: (Message 2)
I think the amount is between 13.37 and 15.16 

Each payout is less than 0.1 or 0.09 so there must be like 135, 140 or 150 payouts because that was the automatic withdrawal limit on the pool.

The exact time I cannot remember but it must be quite recently because I am a newbie at mining.

Thank you !

Code: (Message 3)
I am 100% honest the address changes every time. I can't have same address like you my friend 

What you mean not the address ? ABCpool send those payments and confused my address and your address

Code: (Message 4)
Those are my BTC from the mistake that ABC pool made confusing your address and my address. 

Here the full story :

When I first sign up to mine at ABCpool I see in address field some address starting with 1.............

I thought that they got address from Bitcoin client automatically and I did not change it and left as it was.

I noticed that payments did not come to my client and I stop mining at ABCpool !

I did not change address in ABCpool account and those payments gone to your MtGox probably because I was noob.

What can I do to get my BTC back ? Pls i mined for like so much time I did not get anything back from abc pool and I thought they were cheating me !

Code: (Message 5)
I can't proof that ABC pool mixed my address and it was same as your one ! I cant rememebr the address I see in ABCpool interface that I did not change. 

I thought it was mine and they got from bitcoin client on my computer automatically so i did not change and i mine with payouts going to that address. I stop mining there and close my account so I cannot send to your address because I did not write it down I thought it was my address from client that was in abc pool interfaces !

I am not sure about amount because I mine with some GPUs not sure how much I made !

Code: (Message 6)
How can I proof  

I really want the BTC I minat at ABCpool

Code: (Message 7)
It's 100% percent true ! 

Anyone else mine at ABCpool like you that saying its their coins 

I really am not lying i was idiot because I not change address in ABC pool configurator website becacuse I thinked that was taken from MY bitcoin client addresses so I would get the coins but I left it like it was and all the payouts went to you !

How can I prove !? I mine at ABCpool and I did not get paid anything  I feel really sad because I pay huge electric bill and can't afford to pay now and they are probably going to leave me without lights next month because I can't pay what I mine on YOUR address at abcpool because I did not change address in abc pool web configurator !

Code: (Message 8)
ABC pool guys make a mistake and I have to pay for it because I was stupid and not change the address on the web interface from your address to my address  ??

Code: (Message 9)
Payout at ABC pool I think came at 1 BTC each or 0.9 and you got total of 14 or 13 payouts so total 14 or 15 BTC i thinks. I cant remember exactly but I mine at ABCpool and you also and has anyone else said he is missing BTC from abcpool 

Code: (Message 10)
Yes you like to make fun of me I see : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58728  

You dont want to give my BTC from abcpool back   

Code: (Message 11)
I am going to sleep right now. 

I am too tired and sad for today to respond to your request.

Talk to you tomorrow.

As I said :

-it is BUG from ABCpool even if i stop mining you get paid to YOUR address
-i am only one that has claimed that the BTC IS mine ( and it really is Im not scammer to get free easy moneys )
-i am only one that mine and has not gotten paid at any time during abcpool screwed up on me and now I going to lose my lighting next month 

I go sleep and cry now talk to you tomorrow 

Also please understand, that i can't wait forever and i think if someone's missing these coins, it won't take longer than 2 weeks to notice that, so if no one claims the coins after 2 weeks, i will take them (also going to gift some of these Tongue )
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 01:26:25 AM

I do agree with that. This guy is just guessing excuses taking the previous answer/question into account. He doesn't give enought proof of ownership and he behaves much too fishy.
arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 02:17:04 AM

You are not the member of Bitcoin Pyramid, are you? Smiley Did you try to google IN and OUT addresses for that transactions?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 03:47:27 AM

You are not the member of Bitcoin Pyramid, are you? Smiley Did you try to google IN and OUT addresses for that transactions?

Or any other investment scheme seriously. I had a stream of BTC's to my account a couple months ago and didnt knew why to turning out to be payouts from one of those pyramids either LOL.
incraft3817

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 03:50:55 AM

Heyho,

I don't know if this is the right forum fpr my matter, if it isn't so please excuse me an move the thread Wink

Now to my matter:

Since a few days, i get steady deposits on my MtGox account and i don't know why or from who these deposits are. I contacted the MtGox-support and they just can say, that thats for real and they can't say more about that, because it's not a mistkae from them.
I also contacted the pool in which i'm mining and they also told me, thats not their adress.
So perhaps one of you knows what this is or can help me, perhaps one one you just put the wrong adress(which is mine) and i get his or her payouts.
Don't think i wouldn't take these BTC, but i don't really want any troubel or "steal" someones BTC.
So, if you noticed, that you don#t recieve your payouts, it could be the case, that i recieve them Cheesy
If so, i will give you all your BTC back, i haven't sold them or something like that (but please understand, that you will have to send me details about that, so that no idiot just steals it)

So: if you miss some of your BTC, please let me knowand send me a PM, otherwise i think i'll keep them Tongue

(And please excuse me, if my english isn't sometimes bad Tongue )

People like you makes the world go around. Good luck to you.
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 04:02:52 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 10:43:57 AM by deepceleron

Exactly, the account "poppyh" wanting "their" money returned is a sock puppet account, previously only used to request more "free bitcoins" in a thread one minute after registering: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51395.msg612638#msg612638

Note the other lie-in-wait sock puppets in that thread requesting free bitcoins, like "The King", "Wikarus", also never to be used again either until there was another thread giving away bitcoins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57286.msg682852#msg682852

Probably (edit: undoubtedly) all sock puppets of bulanula who also posted earlier in both those "free money" threads; "Thank you mate" from "poppy" vs "got it mate" from bulanula. Also look here, bulanula sees the opportunity to scam the poster and logs out of his account to log into the sock puppet.[/img]

Worthy of XXXXX scammer marks all around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 04:38:30 AM

(And please excuse me, if my english isn't sometimes bad  Tongue)

I accepted this reason, although I'm confused as to why a tongue smiley was used opposed to a regular smiley or some other. But that's not what I came here to post. I find it odd that the PM Scammer has somewhat the same writing style as the OP.
senbonzakura

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:01:27 AM

@deepceleron

nice research , cYnd good luck
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 05:10:08 AM

I find it odd that the PM Scammer has somewhat the same writing style as the OP.

The mastery of the language is similar, but they styles are different. OP rarely uses a capital "i" if it isn't the first word in a sentence. Begger almost always uses a capital "i", although sometimes he doesn't. OP didn't put spaces after "(" and before ")", begger does. OP doesn't use a lot of punctuation, begger uses "!" quite often and tends to put a space before it. I could go on, but my eyes hurt.

Thank you kindly, Holliday. I'll accept that. Good luck, cYnd, with finding out who's putting coins into your account. My post was only meant to make sure there was no shenanigans going on. (shenanigans--not a user name here on this forum)
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 08:59:44 AM

Who puts spaces before "!" anyway ?

and before questions marks Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: