Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Methud | bitcoin cloud mining  (Read 2906 times)
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:06:05 AM

They're website is still up and taking orders.  Pretty strange if what you say is true.
Cesar10101

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:44:07 AM

If you use credit card to pay them you get charged by Dynalayer one of the companies Jared Rice runs.
If you don't know him he is the scammer of bit of glory.
Just do a search in the forums.

So in other words stay away and talk to your bank for a chargeback ASAP.
If you paid with bitcoins or bank transfer I doubt you will get anything back.

I had also experience with Dynalayer and BitofGlory, so i can confirm that if you get charged by "Dynalayer" you will be scammed..

They will just promise that you will get your DASHBOARD and Minning contract and after 2 Months the whole Page is offline...for Ever!!

Stay Away !!
MeBerserk

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:10:52 PM

They just put a banner up with the text:
We are no longer accepting new orders, and refunding current pending orders. If your order hasn't been refunded, please create a paypal dispute and we will refund your account within an hour of your dispute.
murdof

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:21:26 PM

If you don't see the money credited into your account don't believe anything.

A banner that says that you will get a refund soon doesn't mean anything.

They promised hashing, then they promised a dashboard but they never delivered.
Who the hell in the world starts selling something without a dashboard? That's the first thing you make!

Unfortunately they just put banners up to delay disputes from the banks and try to gain some time.

So post back if you ever see the money in your account/credit card/paypal....

Buy me a beer: 1mrdfyA1GhKmTPhaSkvyq5DBterQ5m7ZK

Run your own P2Pool with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and merge mining
scarlettroad

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:01:15 PM

I was not charged by Dynalayer or BitofGlory with Methud and I did get my paypal refund back to my paypal account already. I can't vouch for credit card transactions but all seems legit and unfortunate.
murdof

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:20:57 PM

I was not charged by Dynalayer or BitofGlory with Methud and I did get my paypal refund back to my paypal account already. I can't vouch for credit card transactions but all seems legit and unfortunate.

How did you pay? You made a manual transfer to their paypal/email account?

Have you seen the picture from linked that a fellow member posted ?
Here it is again: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-marks/64/431/a82
Did the sales person (Sean Miller) have this picture in the chat you had with him?
When did you find him online? It seems that it always says leave a message.

scarlettroad

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:51:08 PM

Did the sales person (Sean Miller) have this picture in the chat you had with him?

I was just talking to him last night or 1pm Manila time, 1am EST.

I paid by Paypal and have my refund.

If you paid by paypal, just create a dispute and they will agree to the refund there. Fairly simple.

I saw that the picture was the same and I asked about it. He said it was just the default in the chat script they used. Seemed odd but really, why would they refund if it was meant to be a scam?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:08:02 PM

Not really. I managed to chat with the Customer Support guy once.
Superxfast

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:33:44 AM

Are you sure scatlet

I bought contract by bitcoin method. I asked to refund 5 days ago, and remind them continuously but they have not refunded yet.

I will report you guy if they refund or not.
MeBerserk

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:23:38 AM

Are you sure scatlet

I bought contract by bitcoin method. I asked to refund 5 days ago, and remind them continuously but they have not refunded yet.

I have sent them a message too, like you I bought the contract using bitcoins. I assume the bitpay converted it to dollars since the money goes on a big pile and Methud now needs to convert it back.
Cesar10101

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

Are you sure scatlet

and why is methud closing? do somebody knows?
murdof

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

Quote from: scarlettroad
I saw that the picture was the same and I asked about it. He said it was just the default in the chat script they used. Seemed odd but really, why would they refund if it was meant to be a scam?

Can it be possible that they use some random guys picture in the chat?
Who installed this? Livechat? I highly doubt that a real company would go and steal a picture from a linkedin profile to use it as "default" for their livechat.
So somebody from Methud did it.

Like I said don't expect your money back. If you indeed got them from Paypal back it might be that they know they would pay a bigger fee if you claimed it back instead of them refunding it back as they know with Paypal is case lost.
Why did they use Paypal as an option? To build trust.

See quote from their website still live:
"We accept credit cards on all mining contracts under $1000! We also accept bank transfer and bitcoin payments as well. Most mining companies fear customers pursuing chargebacks on mining contracts after receiving their earnings. With Methud, our relationship with our processing partners are unmatched! Feel free to chargeback if you are not happy with our service."

So people assume that since they accept Paypal and Credit Cards they should be legit.
Paypal might be fast refund, credit card might take 2-3 weeks but it will happen.
Bank transfers, bitcoin transfers are never coming back.

If you have paid with credit card and still haven't claimed a chargeback with your bank - better do it now and don't waste time.

byt411

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:19:07 PM

Are you sure scatlet

Are you sure scatlet

I have sent them a message too, like you I bought the contract using bitcoins. I assume the bitpay converted it to dollars since the money goes on a big pile and Methud now needs to convert it back.
Are you sure scatlet

Weird. I asked their support, they told me that no one paid with BTC. When did you guys order?
Superxfast

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:43:40 PM

Weird. I asked their support, they told me that no one paid with BTC. When did you guys order?

Below is my order:

Order #19597 was placed on April 28, 2014 and is currently processing.
ORDER DETAILS
Product   Total
500GH 3 Month Contract × 1   $375.00
Cart Subtotal:   $375.00
Order Total:   $375.00

Bought using bitpay.com
Methods, Inc.

Paid: 0.8557 BTC
This invoice has been paid.

Bitpay don't have any action to protect customers. I don't know why they still exist if they don't protect us, because we can transfer BTC without them.
byt411

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:48:35 PM

Below is my order:

Order #19597 was placed on April 28, 2014 and is currently processing.
ORDER DETAILS
Product   Total
500GH 3 Month Contract × 1   $375.00
Cart Subtotal:   $375.00
Order Total:   $375.00

Bought using bitpay.com
Methods, Inc.

Paid: 0.8557 BTC
This invoice has been paid.

Bitpay don't have any action to protect customers. I don't know why they still exist if they don't protect us, because we can transfer BTC without them.

So they lied to me. I asked them many questions on May 1st, and they said that up till then, they still hadn't gotten any BTC payments.
MeBerserk

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:50:27 PM

... Weird. I asked their support, they told me that no one paid with BTC. When did you guys order?

The transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/4b1fb88d106cb5b3fa2b97e1a16761034a0ae13d443dd2e4f3c7af769f7c7de4

26th of April 0.828 BTC with Order #19582.

Haven't got any message back from support.

... Bitpay don't have any action to protect customers. I don't know why they still exist if they don't protect us, because we can transfer BTC without them.

They still exist and are easy for the companies because they convert BTC to dollars immediately so the company gets the value they expect.
maddmike2

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:59:29 PM

Thanks Guys.... Your right as rain about Jared and Tony being behind this scam too.  LMAO!  I would recognize Jareds childish words anywhere. If you want to know about Methud.com's leadership, look into Bitofglory.com scam (Jared Michael Rice and Tony my dick in his mouth Caldevilla) Go to jaredricedynastack.com to read more..

Everyone should beware of bitcoin mining, your entering an un regulated scammers dream!!!! Dont let your greed or hope of quick riches get you entangled in this money pit, YOU WILL LOSE!!!
MeBerserk

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:34:30 PM

Isn't what they are doing illegal?

If so, they should leave a lot of traces behind: paypal, bitpay, hosting, credit card and bank transfers.
What could you do against them?
murdof

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:15:28 PM

Isn't what they are doing illegal?

If so, they should leave a lot of traces behind: paypal, bitpay, hosting, credit card and bank transfers.
What could you do against them?

Paypal / Credit Card - you ask for your money back and get them. They don't want to have their accounts closed cause they want to use them on the next scam.
Bitcoin/Bank transfers - no one can cover you. You sent it to them - there is no way to get it back. You have to find who they are and sue them personally - go to the courts and then try to get the money back plus any compensation.

Superxfast

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:42:26 PM

Methud.com don't refund me. They are scam

Fuck methud.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: