Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:40:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother keeps bugging me about her money.  (Read 3584 times)
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:48:16 AM

Lmfao if i would ask her for more money she would slap me acrossy face i guarantee it

Why? Does she not understand investing? Is she like most "adults" who see index funds as safe but don't see that the Russel 2000 is at a trailing 100 P/E ratio (average should be 25-30)? If traditional stocks burst, I have a feeling people will want to speculate in this new market. And a rising tide raises all boats.

Cryptos are new for me. I'm typically a long-term, cheapo investor. I don't do technical analysis and that's all you have to really go on with these. But what the hell. You can make a lot on them or lose everything. If you/she loses $6k, no biggie.

My mother is of the old age, she can barely manage a computer let alone understand stocks. She was reluctant to give me money in the first place but did so becausr i promised her fast risk-free money...

crypto currency is fast and Full of risk money . You should not invest what you can't afford to lose , it's the first rule here .
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:55:56 AM

your screwed.. the only reason at all it was priced as it was way back then is because of people like you who
who came in in droves flooding this scene buying everything that was not nailed down for obscene and often stupid prices..
the market died down and the new users came to a trickle and the new guys started to smarten up.

I started before the crowd came and we we're waiting for you guys for ages ready to sell you high priced coins..
holding a knife and fork tongue hanging out with a napkin tucked in our shirts lol
we all laughed about it regularly on Cryptsy chat saying their coming....
And sure enough you guys did and threw your cash around like crazy.
All i seen every couple seconds on chat was how do i transfer money from my bank account to Cryptsy lol

those days are gone and the scene went 1000000x more scammy insuring no professional people will ever set foot in here EVER again !
Blame the Doge 'tards, greedy exchanges etc and moron noobs throwing money around.. kids shoudln't be spending big money sorry.

your money is gone .

That comment says it all!

Why did you even bother buying NMC at such a high price ? At that time everything was sooo frickin expensive that only gamblers were buying way overprised coins.

Look at Litecoin, I'm sure there are still people holding $40 LTC...... Huh Huh Why on earth would anyone buy LTC above $20 and hold it Huh?

Be smart next time and don't buy with money you can't afford to lose. I'm sorry to say, but 90% chance that you lost the most of that $3000

In other wordS you are saying its a 90% risk that NMC will never go to 8dollars again?

The only thing you can do now is hold your NMC and wait for it to reach $3/$4 and then sell them. But that's up to you. Never say never in crypto market, but I don't think we will see $8 anytime soon.

A tip :

Whales are placing huge buy orders to trick noobs into thinking a certain coin will go up, then the whale buys everything available (mostly his own sell orders) after that once again you will see some huge buy orders to keep the price at that level for a while, once the whale think he made enough profit you will see the price go down very hard. Classic pump & dump, don't fall for it... In high volume days they can make easy 50K $ per day from noobs.
kelly153

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:05:02 AM

Why not sell NMC and buy Maxcoin? Maybe Maxcoin will go once to 100$. It is now only 0.07$. Your NMC is 10,000 maxcoins. When MAX = 100, your investment will be 1,000,000$...

Grin
thedarksun (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:20:35 AM

your screwed.. the only reason at all it was priced as it was way back then is because of people like you who
who came in in droves flooding this scene buying everything that was not nailed down for obscene and often stupid prices..
the market died down and the new users came to a trickle and the new guys started to smarten up.

I started before the crowd came and we we're waiting for you guys for ages ready to sell you high priced coins..
holding a knife and fork tongue hanging out with a napkin tucked in our shirts lol
All i seen every couple seconds on chat was how do i transfer money from my bank account to Cryptsy lol

those days are gone and the scene went 1000000x more scammy insuring no professional people will ever set foot in here EVER again !
Blame the Doge 'tards, greedy exchanges etc and moron noobs throwing money around.. kids shoudln't be spending big money sorry.

your money is gone .

Why did you even bother buying NMC at such a high price ? At that time everything was sooo frickin expensive that only gamblers were buying way overprised coins.

Look at Litecoin, I'm sure there are still people holding $40 LTC...... Huh Huh Why on earth would anyone buy LTC above $20 and hold it Huh?

Be smart next time and don't buy with money you can't afford to lose. I'm sorry to say, but 90% chance that you lost the most of that $3000

In other wordS you are saying its a 90% risk that NMC will never go to 8dollars again?

The only thing you can do now is hold your NMC and wait for it to reach $3/$4 and then sell them. But that's up to you. Never say never in crypto market, but I don't think we will see $8 anytime soon.

A tip :

Whales are placing huge buy orders to trick noobs into thinking a certain coin will go up, then the whale buys everything available (mostly his own sell orders) after that once again you will see some huge buy orders to keep the price at that level for a while, once the whale think he made enough profit you will see the price go down very hard. Classic pump & dump, don't fall for it... In high volume days they can make easy 50K $ per day from noobs.

Alright. I guess btc pricing over 600 is only a matter of pump and dumps. Anyways yeah my mother is worrying sick and i hope at least this summer that we see some higher prices.
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:52:13 AM

sell it and invest in nxt, when you double you sell it and pay back your mom rest you can keep it in nxt.
nxt has a really good chance for it to double up when the asset exchange goes live along with other projects that are near completion.

thank me later or regret it later you choose.

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
goingDeaf

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:57:33 AM

sell it and invest in nxt, when you double you sell it and pay back your mom rest you can keep it in nxt.
nxt has a really good chance for it to double up when the asset exchange goes live along with other projects that are near completion.

thank me later or regret it later you choose.

Anyone who's interested about NXT is already well aware of the asset exchange and has already bought in anticipation. I could see steady growth in NXT but no near term doubling.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:59:27 AM

First of all don't panic. Second most important thing: do not listen to people who advising you to buy only one specific coin Smiley.

Some practical advice.
- Looking for freely distributed coins in the Announcements section could be a good way to pull yourself out from this situation. In the last two months I've got about 3 BTC worth coins for free... actually during the COMM hype a week ago it was close to 5 BTC. If you have some of these free coins wait until they hit the second or third exchange and then dump them. (The first exchange is too early.) When you collected some BTC on this way you can start some daytrading.

- Find some cheap, established coins with liquid market, high volume, low maintenance cost and then trade them. (Important! Always diversify your orders.)

...and the usual stuff:

- In an average trollbox those guys are pretending to be your friends but actually the opposite is true. BTT is the same.
- Thou shalt not get involved in announced pump and dumps.
- Forget about IPOs. (At least at this point.)
- Know the coin you trading. (E.g: after the DVC bounty payments you can always expect big dumps. That means good buy opportunities but it can mean that your BTC can get stuck in sell orders if you bought higher a few days earlier.)
- Don't be greedy. A small but sure and relative risk free profit in your pocket is much better than any "great earning potential".
- Always keep some money/BTC in reserve.

So in short, stick to free stuff and be careful with your existing money.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:22:45 PM

Welp, you are sort of screwed indeed.

Never invest with money you can't afford to lose.
Never sell until you've made a profit.
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

tell her you screwed up and cash out. give the remaining money back and go get a job to pay back the rest... or you keep the coins and work for the whole 3000$ to give her the money back.
dont invest friends and families money. that always ends bad.

if you want to stay with cryptos, you need to try and learn as much as you can. you didn't really make a smart investment there, specially for short term gains.

sorry this happened to you. gl with whatever you're going do and be honest to yourself and others.
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:52:37 PM

Welp, you are sort of screwed indeed.

Never invest with money you can't afford to lose.
Never sell until you've made a profit.

Here i was thinking you knew how to trade. You dont always turn a profit on every trade youll ever make. You clearly got into trading since crypto.

All you noobs think trading is just a matter of waiting and i really feel bad for you.

You will have your money back. Probably not until 1 year from when you invested tho.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:11:38 PM

Okay, you're 75% down. I'm in a similar boat (not as much though, maybe 50%+, maybe less when CR opens back up). Then again, I'm in 500+ different coins. My thinking on these is similar to Spoetnik. I'm waiting for the next wave (if it does come), and will consider selling out then. I started in January of this year and have been buying as the price of BTC has been falling, so not at the peak, but not at the cheapest time either.

Ask your mom for another $3k, invest equally in all the coins, and wait.

500+ different coins?! wow, that's a sure sign you have no clue what you're doing, dude Smiley
I mean, how do you even remember their names, what they are up to, how do you follow news around them, etc?

I'd recommend to keep the portfolio under 5 different coins, or if you have too much free time on your hands - under 10 different coins, not more, choose those that have the best prospects. That way you can keep focus and stay alert to new developments with those coins.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:10:41 PM

your money is gone .

the problem with all of this is that you put all your money down on one coin. Never do this, sure you can make a lot of it goes up, but if it goes down you lose everything. never worth it, this is the reason people say to diversify your portfolio.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:12:57 PM

1) Tell her the truth
2) Get a job to earn back the money lost
3) Never ever play with more money than you can afford to lose.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
thedarksun (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:16:49 PM

tell her you screwed up and cash out. give the remaining money back and go get a job to pay back the rest... or you keep the coins and work for the whole 3000$ to give her the money back.

if you want to stay with cryptos, you need to try and learn as much as you can. you didn't really make a smart investment there, specially for short term gains.

sorry this happened to you. gl with whatever you're going do and be honest to yourself and others.

Well, originally I made 500 dollars after just one day. But I was too greedy and thought NMC would climb even higher then some bad news about a bank banning hit and the price dropped 2 dollars and from then on it was been on one steady decline.
I have 1000+dollars that I want to invest myslef Because I definitely believe NMC could make at least 4 dollars with some good news in the near future just like it did some weeks ago when it went from 1.6 to 3.3. But I am afraid that 8 dollars and BTC at 1000 dollars will not happen this year and yeah, my father will KILL me.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

Well, originally I made 500 dollars after just one day. But I was too greedy and thought NMC would climb even higher then some bad news about a bank banning hit and the price dropped 2 dollars and from then on it was been on one steady decline.
I have 1000+dollars that I want to invest myslef Because I definitely believe NMC could make at least 4 dollars with some good news in the near future just like it did some weeks ago when it went from 1.6 to 3.3. But I am afraid that 8 dollars and BTC at 1000 dollars will not happen this year and yeah, my father will KILL me.

Go long. that 3K will be worth 30K in a few years.

Then pay her back 6K and keep the rest for a car. Wink

It also sounds to me like you are starting this at a young age. Keep it up, don't let your folks or anyone discourage you. You will be a very rich man one day. Nothing happens overnight.

cexylikepie

Activity: 779

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:16:23 PM

First of all don't panic. Second most important thing: do not listen to people who advising you to buy only one specific coin Smiley.

Some practical advice.
- Looking for freely distributed coins in the Announcements section could be a good way to pull yourself out from this situation. In the last two months I've got about 3 BTC worth coins for free... actually during the COMM hype a week ago it was close to 5 BTC. If you have some of these free coins wait until they hit the second or third exchange and then dump them. (The first exchange is too early.) When you collected some BTC on this way you can start some daytrading.

- Find some cheap, established coins with liquid market, high volume, low maintenance cost and then trade them. (Important! Always diversify your orders.)

...and the usual stuff:

- In an average trollbox those guys are pretending to be your friends but actually the opposite is true. BTT is the same.
- Thou shalt not get involved in announced pump and dumps.
- Forget about IPOs. (At least at this point.)
- Know the coin you trading. (E.g: after the DVC bounty payments you can always expect big dumps. That means good buy opportunities but it can mean that your BTC can get stuck in sell orders if you bought higher a few days earlier.)
- Don't be greedy. A small but sure and relative risk free profit in your pocket is much better than any "great earning potential".
- Always keep some money/BTC in reserve.

So in short, stick to free stuff and be careful with your existing money.
this is good advice. I made 3 BTC off of COMM alone. NXTL will be next next free one
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:23:59 PM

This has to be a troll thread
thedarksun (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

Why? I am 100% legit.
thedarksun (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:30:50 PM

Go long. that 3K will be worth 30K in a few years.

Then pay her back 6K and keep the rest for a car. Wink

It also sounds to me like you are starting this at a young age. Keep it up, don't let your folks or anyone discourage you. You will be a very rich man one day. Nothing happens overnight.

Thanks. Finally some words of encouragement.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:36:50 PM

Why? I am 100% legit.

This may sound bad...but pull your money from Nmc at a loss. It's not going to do better than the other alt coins around it in terms of roi.

Go for something with low inflation (quark, zeta) or something with a multipool (black coin when it's cheaper) and make some gradual money.

Also, PPC > Nmc any day.

Producer
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: