Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:50:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The United States Government has become a den full of perpetrators of terrorism,  (Read 843 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:09:32 AM

What will it take for us to get up off our asses and hold our government accountable?

Do you remember that famous quote Benjamin Franklin gave when he was asked if we have a democracy or a monarchy? He responded by saying "a democracy, if you can keep it."

Well... when are we going to get our democracy back people? I'm sick and tired of waiting for a leader to take charge. When will we take charge?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Reuben

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:16:47 AM

Hasn't it always been like this?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:25:40 AM

No. It has't been always like this. The turning point was the disintegration of the USSR. The Soviets neutralized any threats posed by the US and vice-versa. Right now the US is the sole super power. And that is bad news for the US citizens, as well as for other people.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:36:28 AM

No. It has't been always like this. The turning point was the disintegration of the USSR. The Soviets neutralized any threats posed by the US and vice-versa. Right now the US is the sole super power. And that is bad news for the US citizens, as well as for other people.

No not really, and the US is not the only superpower, while indeed it is a dominant superpower, other superpower have enough to destroy the US, Russia, China, France, UK for example has the power to do such a thing, but that's not the point.

I think what makes the US a terrorist den and target is it interference with other countries affairs to gain geopolitical power (and when it can't it goes for war against said country), example Vietnam (faking the incident of the boats and waging against Vietnam), Panama (CIA coup), Iran ( removing the democratically voted regime and putting the shah), arming Iraq against Iran, arming Taliban against local government and USSR, doing shit in several central american countries, south asian countries... ... the list is too long and I can't detail everything, but people should get the picture by now. And what I mentioned here is just one part of the equation, the other part is the shit that happened inside the US, do to capitalism practive, and anticompetitive ones ect
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:33:44 AM

And what I mentioned here is just one part of the equation, the other part is the shit that happened inside the US, do to capitalism practive, and anticompetitive ones ect

Both are inter-connected. After using dirty-tricks to control the world population, the US politicians are now resorting to the same to control their citizens. Perhaps by now they have realized that the biggest threat to their dominance doesn't come from the outside.  Grin
HYFR

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:39:36 AM

No, but for a very long time. America think it's the world and needs to get over itself.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:05:09 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 01:31:40 PM by u9y42

If you ignore the conquest of the continental territory and the countless atrocities committed there, which most tend to conveniently forget, I think the "turning point" was when the US managed to overcome European influence all over the world (mostly having been restricted by the British navy). So, perhaps near 1900 with the invasion of the Philippines, which included terror, torture, indiscriminate murder, etc? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UNV-L21mWs - an interview with Peter Kuznick in TRN)

EDIT: further, it's frequently forgotten that the "founding fathers", despite wanting to create a freer nation that those in Europe, didn't exactly intend on creating a true democracy either: you can take a look at Madison to get the point. Their idea was mostly to limit the power to landowners and other wealthy people, not the great mass of the population.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:44:00 PM

EDIT: further, it's frequently forgotten that the "founding fathers", despite wanting to create a freer nation that those in Europe, didn't exactly intend on creating a true democracy either: you can take a look at Madison to get the point. Their idea was mostly to limit the power to landowners and other wealthy people, not the great mass of the population.

I don't know much about the US history. But are you saying that the founding fathers were against giving voting rights to all the citizens? If I remember correctly, then the US was one of the first countries to abolish slavery and give voting rights to the black people.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:46:27 PM

I think the 80s-90's were still pretty cool, the golden age actually.

Things got fucked up upside down right after the millennium 2000 and onwards, in every way imaginable. Its like it was kind of calculated to begin on the 21st century

iamahappyminer

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:49:24 PM

Things got fucked up upside down right after the millennium 2000 and onwards, in every way imaginable. Its like it was kind of calculated to begin on the 21st century

Indeed. Internet fucked it up probably Grin
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:50:51 PM

It was all downhill from Vietnam.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:32:02 PM

Never... Obama says terrorism and america is ready to give up all freedoms for saftey from those scary terrorists pretty much no american has ever seen... 2000 people died and now almost every country in the world can arrest their own people without reason and hold them in jail forever with out ever having to give a cause..

It's over guys it is over.. soon enough we will all be in the Fema camps.. I CAN NOT WAIT!! ........  We will all be "safe"!! ya SAFTEY!! KEEP ME IN A CELL SO I CAN BE SAFE!
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Never... Obama says terrorism and america is ready to give up all freedoms for saftey from those scary terrorists pretty much no american has ever seen... 2000 people died and now almost every country in the world can arrest their own people without reason and hold them in jail forever with out ever having to give a cause..

It's over guys it is over.. soon enough we will all be in the Fema camps.. I CAN NOT WAIT!! ........  We will all be "safe"!! ya SAFTEY!! KEEP ME IN A CELL SO I CAN BE SAFE!

Dey tuk r freedums!  Grin
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:43:50 PM

If I remember correctly, then the US was one of the first countries to abolish slavery

Not ever close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition_of_slavery_timeline

1569: An English court case involving Cartwright, who had brought a slave from Russia, ruled that English law could not recognise slavery.
1706: In the case of Smith v. Browne & Cooper, Sir John Holt, Lord Chief Justice of England, rules that "as soon as a Negro comes into England, he becomes free. One may be a villein in England, but not a slave."[16][17]
1772: Somersett's case held that no slave could be forcibly removed from Britain. This case was generally taken at the time to have decided that the condition of slavery did not exist under English law in England and Wales, and emancipated the remaining ten to fourteen thousand slaves or possible slaves in England and Wales, who were mostly domestic servants.[20]
1807, 25 March: Abolition of the Slave Trade Act abolishes slave trading in British Empire. Captains fined £120 per slave transported.
1807: The British begin patrols of African coast to arrest slaving vessels. The West Africa Squadron (Royal Navy) is established to suppress slave trading; by 1865, nearly 150,000 people freed by anti-slavery operations[34]
1811: Slave trading made a felony in the British Empire, punishable by transportation for British subjects and foreigners.
1815: British pay Portugal £750,000 to cease their trade north of the Equator[37]
1817: Spain paid £400,000 by British to cease trade to Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Santo Domingo[37]
1818: Treaty between Britain and Spain to abolish slave trade[39]
1818: Treaty between Britain and Portugal to abolish slave trade.[39]
1818: Treaty between Britain and the Netherlands taking additional measures to enforce the 1814 ban on slave trading[39]
1831: Brazil adopts the Law of 7 November 1831, declaring the maritime slave trade abolished, prohibiting any form of importation of slaves, and granting freedom to slaves should they be illegally imported into Brazil. In spite of its adoption, the law was seldom enforced prior to 1850, when Brazil, under British pressure, adopted additional legislation to criminalize the importation of slaves.
1834: The British Slavery Abolition Act comes into force, abolishing slavery throughout most of the British Empire. Legally frees 700,000 in West Indies, 20,000 in Mauritius, 40,000 in South Africa. The exceptions, territories controlled by the East India Company and Ceylon, were liberated in 1843 when they became part of the British Empire.[42]
1835: Treaty between Britain and France to abolish slave trade[39]
1835: Treaty between Britain and Denmark to abolish slave trade[39]
1840: Treaty between Britain and Venezuela to abolish slave trade;[39] the first World Anti-Slavery Convention meets in London.
1841: Quintuple Treaty is signed; Britain, France, Russia, Prussia, and Austria agree to suppress slave trade[21]
1842: Treaty between Britain and Portugal to extend the enforcement of the ban on slave trade to Portuguese ships sailing south of the Equator.
1843: East India Company becomes increasingly controlled by Britain and abolishes slavery in India by the Indian Slavery Act V. of 1843.
1843: Treaty between Britain and Uruguay to suppress slave trade[39]
1843: Treaty between Britain and Mexico to suppress slave trade[39]
1843: Treaty between Britain and Chile to suppress slave trade[39]
1843: Treaty between Britain and Bolivia to abolish slave trade[39]
1845: 36 British Royal Navy ships are assigned to the Anti-Slavery Squadron, making it one of the largest fleets in the world.
1846: Persuaded by Britain, the Bey of Tunisia outlawed the slave trade; the policy was reversed temporarily by his successor.[44]
1847: Under British pressure, the Ottoman Empire abolishes slave trade from Africa.[45]
1848: Treaty between Britain and Muscat to suppress slave trade[39]
1849: Treaty between Britain and Persian Gulf states to suppress slave trade[39]

1850: In the United States, the Fugitive Slave Law of 1850 requires the return of escaped slaves to their owners

1862: Treaty between United States and Britain for the suppression of the slave trade (African Slave Trade Treaty Act).[39]

1863: In the United States, Abraham Lincoln signs the Emancipation Proclamation which declared slaves in Confederate-controlled areas to be freed. Most slaves in "border states" are freed by state action; separate law freed the slaves in Washington, D.C.
1865: December: U.S. abolishes slavery with the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution; about 40,000 remaining slaves are affected.[53]

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Tedward

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:49:43 PM

I think the US was one of the biggest causes of the slavetrade.
dubouis

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:50:24 PM

And the biggest cause of it's stopping Smiley
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:16:20 PM

That is factually incorrect. Out of the 9,500,000 Africans who were captured by the European slave traders, some 4,000,000 landed in Brazil, while the US received just 400,000. That is, USA received less than 5% of all the slaves. The survival rate was higher in the US, so the number of slaves increased after they were brought there.

However, the biggest culprits were the Arabs. They enslaved close to 18,000,000 Africans. The Arabs targeted mostly the women and children, while the Europeans mostly targeted adults (esp. males).
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:23:35 PM

And the biggest cause of it's stopping Smiley

The biggest cause of it stopping, as highlighted in the list above, was Britain, and the Royal Navy in particular.
Britain had not just the desire to stop slavery, but the means to enforce that desire.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
kuroman

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:09:00 PM

And what I mentioned here is just one part of the equation, the other part is the shit that happened inside the US, do to capitalism practive, and anticompetitive ones ect

Both are inter-connected. After using dirty-tricks to control the world population, the US politicians are now resorting to the same to control their citizens. Perhaps by now they have realized that the biggest threat to their dominance doesn't come from the outside.  Grin

Yeah, but I think it's the average joe that can and willing to do much, it's just people with interesst fighting each other on the big scale, and some might use or drive the population for their purpose I feel Sad
kuroman

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

That is factually incorrect. Out of the 9,500,000 Africans who were captured by the European slave traders, some 4,000,000 landed in Brazil, while the US received just 400,000. That is, USA received less than 5% of all the slaves. The survival rate was higher in the US, so the number of slaves increased after they were brought there.

However, the biggest culprits were the Arabs. They enslaved close to 18,000,000 Africans. The Arabs targeted mostly the women and children, while the Europeans mostly targeted adults (esp. males).

I believe that those numbers are far from being accurate you can just see the amount of black people in the US to figure out that those numbers are not by any mean honest (I guess the brain washing / propaganda machine is at work here and sometimes like you when I check such data I get tend the believe them then I check the other side of the story)

The Arabs as a majority of Muslims are forbidden from having having slaves, Slavery was one of the first things forbidden in Islam, also at that period 17-18 century Arabs were loosing so much of their power, and they were attacked from every side, being it from Europe or turk (Othman empire) while at the same time loosing in commerce (no more middle man since Spanish and Portuguese ships could go straight away to China and India, and there were several drought that spread hunger, of course this doesn't mean there wasn't slavery at all, and probably there was some slavary trafficing networks but in these circumstances it wasn't anywhere near the scale of what the Iberian countries did   Cheesy

History is a funny things, and it's funny how it is used a propaganda tool in the educational system nowadays, that's why I believe it is better like with media to get it feed, from different sources and the truth should be somewhere in the middle Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: