Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiat is a germ transmitter!  (Read 686 times)
Beef Supreme (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

So, I am in the McDonalds line the other morning, and the line is around the corner at the drive thru.

I pull up and hand the lady my debit card, she has no gloves on.  She swipes it, hands it back, and I realized just how nasty that is.  All these people, and who knows whether they are sick, just had their hands on someone's privates, or ran out of toilet paper this morning.  My son is in the back car seat, and usually throws his hand up as soon as fries come through the window, and I got nothing to wipe my hands with.

Then I realized, if they accepted BTC, I wouldn't have to put up with that disgusting transfer.  QR code at the window, should be clear when I get to the food pickup, and that is a one way deal.

There you have it, fiat is officially a health hazard compared to BTC, as if we need more reasons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:51:16 PM

Yah ...we have got another reason to chose BTC over FIAT. Wink

dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:56:46 PM

I agree to a certain extent but how often do you clean your hands before using your phone (presuming you were going to scan it with your phone) or clean a surface you put it on etc.

Plus to be fair the same person touched your food or at least the packaging of it so even with BTC theres that.

You interact with things people have touched all day everyday and think nothing of it.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:03:05 PM

So, I am in the McDonalds line the other morning, and the line is around the corner at the drive thru.

I pull up and hand the lady my debit card, she has no gloves on.  She swipes it, hands it back, and I realized just how nasty that is.  All these people, and who knows whether they are sick, just had their hands on someone's privates, or ran out of toilet paper this morning.  My son is in the back car seat, and usually throws his hand up as soon as fries come through the window, and I got nothing to wipe my hands with.

Then I realized, if they accepted BTC, I wouldn't have to put up with that disgusting transfer.  QR code at the window, should be clear when I get to the food pickup, and that is a one way deal.

There you have it, fiat is officially a health hazard compared to BTC, as if we need more reasons.

I beat you to this statement a very long while ago OP. I have OCD and I wash all the time, and I've also noticed the same thing as you. Cashiers handling money then handling food barehanded without washing. How could I eat then?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
HYFR

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:07:06 PM

This has already been posted.
Beef Supreme (OP)

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

This has already been posted.

Well thanks.  Every time I have a personal BTC experience to share I will refer to the search engine first.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:16:15 PM

I agree to a certain extent but how often do you clean your hands before using your phone (presuming you were going to scan it with your phone) or clean a surface you put it on etc.

Plus to be fair the same person touched your food or at least the packaging of it so even with BTC theres that.

You interact with things people have touched all day everyday and think nothing of it.

If you guys compare  BTC and FIAT (who is healthier) about all those bacterium , that is totally non sense.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:48:52 PM

Ohooo, good point !  Kiss
nkocevar

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:33:33 PM

Even better advertisement for bitcoin xD The most germaphob friendly currency

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:37:57 PM

You know I never really even considered this but now that it has been brought to my attention I'm seeing it as a huge plus for overall health of BTC users.  I think this just gives more business something to consider from a marketing standpoint at least.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:59:50 PM

another reason yep.. but i do love the propaganda excuse

"bitcoin is used for bad people like hackers"

rebuttle

"well if hackers can mess with banks and other services, but they cant destroy bitcoin, then ofcourse they will use it, and thats why you SHOULD use it too"

EG if you found a residential building which had bombs thrown at it, bulldozers knocking at it.. and its still standing up. wouldnt you trust buildings that have used the same construction plans.. or would you settle for a glass house?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:03:34 PM

I pull up and hand the lady my debit card, she has no gloves on.  She swipes it, hands it back, and I realized just how nasty that is.  All these people, and who knows whether they are sick, just had their hands on someone's privates, or ran out of toilet paper this morning.  My son is in the back car seat, and usually throws his hand up as soon as fries come through the window, and I got nothing to wipe my hands with.

Then I realized, if they accepted BTC, I wouldn't have to put up with that disgusting transfer.  QR code at the window, should be clear when I get to the food pickup, and that is a one way deal.

Why don't you pay the exact amount in cash? It's a one way transaction as well and prevents your spending habits from getting tracked.
Beef Supreme (OP)

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:54:21 PM

I pull up and hand the lady my debit card, she has no gloves on.  She swipes it, hands it back, and I realized just how nasty that is.  All these people, and who knows whether they are sick, just had their hands on someone's privates, or ran out of toilet paper this morning.  My son is in the back car seat, and usually throws his hand up as soon as fries come through the window, and I got nothing to wipe my hands with.

Then I realized, if they accepted BTC, I wouldn't have to put up with that disgusting transfer.  QR code at the window, should be clear when I get to the food pickup, and that is a one way deal.

Why don't you pay the exact amount in cash? It's a one way transaction as well and prevents your spending habits from getting tracked.

All that fiat clinking and stinking is bad for my health.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: