Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering software development services  (Read 1303 times)
cdhowie (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 12:41:04 PM

I'd like to offer my services as a software developer.  I'm interested in taking side jobs apart from my regular full-time job, and this seems like a good market to work in.

I can write software for Windows and Linux (not OS X -- I don't have a Mac to test on) and in a variety of programming languages.  Web development is on the table too, but note that I don't do graphic design.  If you give me a design I can make it work though.  Smiley

Desktop/server languages: C# (Windows/.NET, Linux/Mono), C, Java, VB6, Perl

Web languages: (X)HTML/CSS, JavaScript, PHP (vanilla, MODx, Symfony), Perl

I have four years professional experience and have been programming since I was ~10.  No job is too small, but note I have a fairly demanding schedule and so I would prefer jobs that don't need to be done in two calendar weeks.  Smiley  Usually I would like to retain rights to the code, but this is negotiable.

I ask 25BTC/hr (work logs will be recorded) and samples of work are available upon request.  Some of my code is available online (SourceForge, Gitorious).

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cdhowie (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2011, 04:03:30 AM

Bump

bitcoinharvester

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 08:29:46 PM

Send your info and some samples of what you have done and I'll take a look.
cdhowie (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 03:11:21 PM

Send your info and some samples of what you have done and I'll take a look.

I'll post some samples here and send other info privately.

YICS

Open source protocol translator/adapter written in C (originally written in Perl and later rewritten).  Allows FICS interfaces to be used on Yahoo! Chess without modification.  The software impersonates an ICS-style server and translates the binary Yahoo! Games protocol to the text-mode ICS protocol and vice-versa, emulating parts of the ICS server to support features that are either not 100% compatible or are not even implemented on Yahoo! Chess (such as the user formula settings).

Open Visualization Platform (OpenVP)

Open source audio/music visualization platform written in C#.  This has been a pet project of mine for a while, and is currently undergoing yet another API design iteration.  But the currently-published version still works, and well enough to be accepted into the Banshee Community Extensions package.  It supports abstracted input from media players, meaning that the same visualization assembly can run in multiple player hosts, as long as the player implements the required abstract class.  The upcoming version (not published yet) will support multiple and arbitrary metadata pipelines coming from the media player (or other sources) including, but not limited to, PCM/spectrum data, album art, song title information, and possibly even user-generated information.

An earlier iteration of this project included a home-grown compiler for an AVS-compatible scripting language, allowing for user-entered movement and rendering functions to be compiled (through .NET's native JIT) to high-performance native code.  This compiler was removed from the second iteration (the one currently available) in favor of pre-compiled assemblies.  Scripting functionality might be brought back later in the form of IronPython or a similar embedded language.

Screenshot (more here):

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but it highlights the projects I consider to be the most successful in the F/LOSS community.  I will add more replies later when I have more time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: