Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchase Bitcoin With PayPal - Crypto X Change Coupons  (Read 3257 times)
cryptoxchange (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 04:06:28 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2012, 03:46:36 PM by cryptoxchange

We have a trial running, enabling people to purchase Crypto X Coupons in $50 USD and $100 USD Vouchers via PayPal through Ebay.

Listings Removed Until We Can Remove the Charge Back Issue from Fraudulent Buyers - Will be Available Again Soon!

We will not be selling the Crypto Coupons for PayPal or on Ebay due to Fraud risks and time.

However we will have withdraw to PayPal up and running within the next couple of days.

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:30:10 AM

What happened?

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Activity: 293

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:08:59 AM

Yea, I was about to buy one. Sad
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:14:08 AM

still got megavideo accounts? I need some for friends!

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:32:26 AM

still got megavideo accounts? I need some for friends!

Not right now. Between people on here trying to scam me saying they didn't receive theirs (total bullshit) and losing contact with my guy I don't have any.  I'll keep looking though to see if I can help you out!

OP -- Get those things back up, it was a great idea! Cheesy
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:44:11 AM

It is a great idea. You are selling a (somewhat) tangible good, and it seems like that would get eBay and paypal on your side for disputes.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:46:12 AM

It is a great idea. You are selling a (somewhat) tangible good, and it seems like that would get eBay and paypal on your side for disputes.

How is it somewhat tangible?  It is a code delivered by email.  Ebay I never got anything I wish to dispute the auction by this scammer.

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:47:46 AM

How is it somewhat tangible?  It is a code delivered by email.  Ebay I never got anything I wish to dispute the auction by this scammer.

You send a "congratulatory" certificate via USPS with tracking. They won't dispute much at all after that.  All he has to do is word it like they winner is truly winning the certificate, not the code via email.  Hell, you can even put the code on the certificate AND email it to them.  Either way just mail them something representing the auction and eBay will stay off your ass.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:50:19 AM

You send a "congratulatory" certificate via USPS with tracking. They won't dispute much at all after that.  All he has to do is word it like they winner is truly winning the certificate, not the code via email.  Hell, you can even put the code on the certificate AND email it to them.  Either way just mail them something representing the auction and eBay will stay off your ass.

By that logic wouldn't emailing someone a cert which has a Bitcoin private key make it ebay dispute proof?

I am thinking not.  Now PHYSICALLY mailing a crypto x change code likely has some seller protection but email is easily disputed.

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:54:07 AM

Well we all have our own opinions.  I've been selling things such as Amazon coupons on eBay for a few months now and whenever I get a dispute I just bring up the DCN and eBay makes the buyer prove it rather than the seller.  The buyer generally never can. Just my experience. Smiley
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:10:43 AM

I am not a tech guy, but isn't there some sort of delivery confirmation that you can use on email? An email beats the hell out of trying to convince eBay to look at blockexplorer... As a legitimate form of communication, I consider it somewhat tangible. It was just an opinion. Who knows what ebay and paypal would do...
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 02:09:00 AM

Hey Guys,

We started to get some dodgy transactions, so just working out a plan so that people can buy the codes.

It was blatant a couple of purchasers trying to rip us off. So just looking at making it so there are a minimum Ebay Feedback system etc, and make it so that charge backs are a Non issue as charge backs are the only Issue with this.

Will keep everyone posted ASAP on when we have this setup and charge back proof!

Thanks

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 03:09:52 PM

Well we all have our own opinions.  I've been selling things such as Amazon coupons on eBay for a few months now and whenever I get a dispute I just bring up the DCN and eBay makes the buyer prove it rather than the seller.  The buyer generally never can. Just my experience. Smiley

Really?  PayPal Seller protection does NOT cover digital goods.  The one and only time I tried to sell digital goods the buyer claimed that their account got hacked.  PayPal reimbursed the buyer by reversing the charge.  I never recovered my loss.  NEVER sell digital goods on eBay or through PayPal.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 03:12:37 PM

Really?  PayPal Seller protection does NOT cover digital goods.  The one and only time I tried to sell digital goods the buyer claimed that their account got hacked.  PayPal reimbursed the buyer by reversing the charge.  I never recovered my loss.  NEVER sell digital goods on eBay or through PayPal.

Yes, It seems it isn't worth the hassle.

We are however still working tonight on Withdraw from the Exchange to PayPal for our clients as another Withdraw method.

Thank you for the advice

Regards

Crypto X Change

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 03:33:40 PM

Do they know you're involved in Bitcoin? They generally don't like that (if that wasn't obvious by now Tongue).

cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 03:44:26 PM

Do they know you're involved in Bitcoin? They generally don't like that (if that wasn't obvious by now Tongue).

Thats not the issue at all, we are selling a gift card's to our Exchange in different denominations, which people can redeem and buy Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium and yes Bitcoin. So we are no bothering now as the time it takes and the risk of fraud out weighs other more important things we have going on. So we won't be perusing this again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: