Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my initial choice of BTC wallet "permanent" or can I switch later?  (Read 1084 times)
bitmaster111

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:25:37 PM

You can have as many wallets as you want, online ones and desktop ones Cheesy
he is right you can multiple account there but need to use much secure account Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:51:02 PM

Beginner's Q here; I've done a lot of reading and finally ready to create a wallet and buy some BTC.

But I'd like to know now 'permanent' my choice of wallet is: I've always liked full-feature stuff, so I was leaning toward Armory...but having to download the entire blockchain has swayed me toward Electrum instead...

I just want to know how "stuck" I'll be with my initial choice....can i move BTC between two wallets?  If I opt for Electrum now, but later decide that I want the full-feature option with Armory, how would I switch?

If you are not happy with your wallet, you can export your private keys and import them into your new wallets. Or simply, you can just send all your bitcoin from the old wallet to an address on your new wallet.

Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:52:19 PM

i have always wondered if i am able to open my bitcoin wallet from another computer. like lets say can i open my bitcoin wallet that i have on my pc at home . while im at my gfs house on her computer. if this is possible can someone tell me how?
I was wondering if there was a way I can have a wallet on a computer I can access from any computer like if I go to my gfs I can access my wallet

Why don't you use blockchain.info wallet in this case? Don't forget to add a second password and enable 2FA. Smiley

Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:26:28 PM

Beginner's Q here; I've done a lot of reading and finally ready to create a wallet and buy some BTC.

But I'd like to know now 'permanent' my choice of wallet is: I've always liked full-feature stuff, so I was leaning toward Armory...but having to download the entire blockchain has swayed me toward Electrum instead...

I just want to know how "stuck" I'll be with my initial choice....can i move BTC between two wallets?  If I opt for Electrum now, but later decide that I want the full-feature option with Armory, how would I switch?

you can Switch whenever you want!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: