Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:08:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price  (Read 1443 times)
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:51:08 AM

Hi guys, i'm relatively new to bitcoin, and I believe I messed up... I but $50 worth of bitcoin when it was at $482. Then Hours later it dropped to $440. Do you guys think bitcoin will go back up to its $500 price? Or even above that? Thanks for reading.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:57:05 AM

It should eventually break $500 again. But you may be waiting a while, maybe months.

BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:03:58 AM

It should eventually break $500 again. But you may be waiting a while, maybe months.
Darn months? Why so long? I remember when I first got into bitcoin it dropped to $340 almost over night and then the next couple of days it was back at $500. Do you think it might be a similar experience this time?
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:06:52 AM

Hi guys, i'm relatively new to bitcoin, and I believe I messed up... I but $50 worth of bitcoin when it was at $482. Then Hours later it dropped to $440. Do you guys think bitcoin will go back up to its $500 price? Or even above that? Thanks for reading.

Could be in 1 hour, could be in a few month. Bitcoin is high risk, high profit. If you hold for a few month, you might have a 10-fold gain. Don't sell with just a  few bucks profit except you are a professional daytrader.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

Darn months? Why so long? I remember when I first got into bitcoin it dropped to $340 almost over night and then the next couple of days it was back at $500. Do you think it might be a similar experience this time?

not till we get some good momentum upward again

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

There might be another dip before May 10, you know may 10 is another china ban... But its a good time to accumulate if it hit about $400.
frienemy

I was promised da moon

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:25:13 AM

...But its a good time to accumulate if it hit about $400.

But you'll get 1000 different opinions from 100 different people on that. Right now, nobody knows for sure. It's a bumpy ride with bitcoin, but also exciting and full of opportunity.

K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:37:10 AM

honestly the way it is fluctuating there is a solid chance it will be back over $500 in a month. But imo if you only bought $50 worth of bitcoin you don't really need to worry about that. Just hold it for a while, the price will rise a lot again at some point. I would recommend just not even paying attention to the price for a while.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:37:59 AM

With a $50 investment, it is not even worth your time to think about this. What could you have been doing to make $50 just while you were writing this post?

Just think of like a lottery ticket. There is a chance your $50 investment could become worth $100,000 according to some people on this forum,  and a chance that it could become $0.
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:32:56 AM

There might be another dip before May 10, you know may 10 is another china ban... But its a good time to accumulate if it hit about $400.
Do the prices usually go back up after bans in china? Should I buy some bitcoin on May 10 if it does drop significantly?
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:35:19 AM

Do the prices usually go back up after bans in china? Should I buy some bitcoin on May 10 if it does drop significantly?
May 10 is when btc will become unbanned in China and then on May 24, it will be banned again.
Brassguy

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:50:28 AM

May 10 is when btc will become unbanned in China and then on May 24, it will be banned again.

+1 LOL.. true story, about 14 times so far

15xNxXy2PfFv3rz8rnfkV6L7WQiwuYax2K
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:56:57 AM

Ok, when do you recommend I buy/sell bitcoin? Should I buy before may 10?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:05:35 AM

You should buy more coins. Now.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:10:34 AM

Yes.  This.  Buy now. Smiley  Some of us have had to learn this the hard way.  I did not buy as much as I should have when I first started and Bitcoin has a way of skyrocketing with very little notice.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:11:07 AM

This

frienemy

I was promised da moon

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:13:54 AM

IMO you should learn about the fundamentals of bitcoin first. I might be wrong, but you appear to be neither a professional trader nor an adult. I don't mean this as an offense, but don't invest in what you don't understand. At least only invest what you can afford to lose. Bitcoin can theoretically go to 0 or to 1,000,000 in the long run. So please use common sense when investing.

Krabby

Activity: 644

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:43:41 AM

It's 50 dollars, it does not matter which way it goes you will not gain or lose anything.

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:15:19 AM

It's 50 dollars, it does not matter which way it goes you will not gain or lose anything.
I'll gain or lose $3 (As of right now i have lost $3) which is a lot to me Smiley
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:22:25 AM

I'll gain or lose $3 (As of right now i have lost $3) which is a lot to me Smiley

You are probably one of the last people on earth that should be using bitcoin as a speculative investment. Come back when you have 50$ you can afford to lose.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: