Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think should happen to the remaining XBC  (Voting closed: May 02, 2014, 01:47:32 AM)
A third IPO - 17 (11.5%)
Promotion - 2 (1.4%)
Cold storage - 2 (1.4%)
Destroy - 89 (60.1%)
Infrastructure - 1 (0.7%)
Giveaway - 16 (10.8%)
Gift - 1 (0.7%)
Charity - 4 (2.7%)
A mixture - Explain - 16 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 148

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Vote on the remaining XBC supply  (Read 2291 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:35:08 AM

Destroy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:39:46 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 01:55:34 AM by poornamelessme

It looks like destroy shall win, but I voted for a mixture.

One problem with destroy is that it benefits big coin holders more than the small guys, or those who don't own the coin yet, so it could appear as if committee members are voting to benefit themselves, rather than the community as a whole. I'm not even saying that is the case, I just mean by appearances it may not look ideal.

Although a 3rd ipo or giveaway opens up a different can of worms, as then it could possibly devalue existing coins. Hence why I voted for a mix of options.

Save some coins for regular giveaways, social media tasks, BTT people giveaway (limit one giveaway per acct via some form of verification, IP check, etc), and bounties.

Offer a 3rd IPO with a limited number of coins. This serves a dual-purpose, as it provides some coins to those who missed the previous IPOs. And perhaps more importantly for the community, it stifles trolls/fud spreaders who cry about an unfair initial distribution. As to how to set it up so it's fair, that may be tricky. You can't just list coins at .001 again on Poloniex.

Either list a secondary coin/placeholder on Poloniex at an arbitrary price, cheaper than current prices, but not super cheap ... say at current rates, .002-.005/coin. Or offer coins through an ipo via BTT using more traditional methods (sending coins manually). If you want an even distribution, you can even put a limit on how many per person.

And destroy the rest. So say half of remaining coins are destroyed outright. For the remaining half, use them for giveaways/bounties and a partial IPO. Neither should affect the current price negatively, as the destruction of the other 1/2 would balance it out. Longterm it'd still result in a higher value of coin than you started with, perhaps with a fairer balance, and more publicity.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 01:47:29 AM

It looks like destroy shall win, but I voted for a mixture.

One problem with destroy is that it benefits big coin holders more than the small guys, or those who don't own the coin yet, so it could appear as if committee members are voting to benefit themselves, rather than the community as a whole. I'm not even saying that is the case, I just mean by appearances it may not look ideal.

Although a 3rd ipo or giveaway opens up a different can of worms, as then it could possibly devalue existing coins. Hence why I voted for a mix of options.

Save some coins for regular giveaways, social media tasks, BTT people giveaway (limit one giveaway per acct via some form of verification, IP check, etc), and bounties.

Offer a 3rd IPO with a limited number of coins. This serves a dual-purpose, as it provides some coins to those who missed the previous IPOs. And perhaps more importantly for the community, it stifles trolls/fud spreaders who cry about an unfair initial distribution. As to how to set it up so it's fair, that may be tricky. You can't just list coins at .001 again on Poloniex.

Either list a secondary coin/placeholder on Poloniex at a arbitrary price, cheaper than current prices, but not super cheap ... say at current rates, .002-.005/coin. Or offer coins through an ipo via BTT using more traditional methods (sending coins manually). If you want an even distribution, you can even put a limit on how many per person.

And destroy the rest. So say half of remaining coins are destroyed outright. For the remaining half, use them for giveaways/bounties and a partial IPO. Neither should affect the current price negatively, as the destruction of the other 1/2 would balance it out. Longterm it'd still result in a higher value of coin than you started with, perhaps with a fairer balance, and more publicity.

destroying wont win. We have ~100 commitee votes for keeping around 2000 coins and destroy the rest.

No 3rd IPO will be done!

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:54:19 AM

destroying wont win. We have ~100 commitee votes for keeping around 2000 coins and destroy the rest.

No 3rd IPO will be done!

Hmm... that sort of brings up a concern I had. If the committee holds so much sway that they can alter a vote, regardless of what regular people choose, why even have a public vote?

Not that I am against the committee idea, as it brings focus for the coin and will help get things done. I just wonder if perhaps they may hold a bit too much voting power, or why even bother with public votes, if they can just change the final outcome regardless?

I do agree that the 3rd IPO would be very problematic. I am just thinking that perhaps the 2nd IPO should have went on a bit longer, since there were so many coins leftover.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 01:56:29 AM

No 3rd IPO will be done!

Hmm... that sort of brings up a concern I had. If the committee holds so much sway that they can alter a vote, regardless of what regular people choose, why even have a public vote?

Not that I am against the committee idea, as it brings focus for the coin and will help get things done. I just wonder if perhaps they may hold a bit too much voting power, or why even bother with public votes, if they can just change the final outcome regardless?

I do agree that the 3rd IPO would be very problematic. I am just thinking that perhaps the 2nd IPO should have went on a bit longer, since there were so many coins leftover.

Commitee members have 10 votes to 1 vote for normal people. This is a very good solution in my opinion!

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:59:36 AM

No 3rd IPO will be done!

Commitee members have 10 votes to 1 vote for normal people. This is a very good solution in my opinion!

I am not sure if you understood what I meant. If committee members have 10 votes per person and can alter any poll anyway they please, why even have a public vote?

Might as well have a private polling amongst committee members then? Or less votes per committee person.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 02:01:32 AM

No 3rd IPO will be done!

I am not sure if you understood what I meant. If committee members have 10 votes per person and can alter any poll anyway they please, why even have a public vote?

Might as well have a private polling amongst committee members then? Or less votes per committee person.

there are about 15 communittee members and about 7 billion people? I even think that 10 votes is way to little for somthing that has such severe impact into the big stakeholders belongings...

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:22:21 AM

there are about 15 communittee members and about 7 billion people? I even think that 10 votes is way to little for somthing that has such severe impact into the big stakeholders belongings...

I somehow doubt 7 billion people will vote in this poll.

An example... pretend the poll ends where it is now. And the committee decided they all wanted cold storage, which only 1 person so far has voted for. They could override the entire poll and basically choose whatever they want.

And in of itself, that isn't even a bad thing. Some decisions should be made by the dev + whatever coin members he trusts. I am just questioning whether it makes sense for public polls, if they can get overridden so easily. I am also thinking of future polls, not just this one -- assuming there are future public polls.

Perhaps the voting power will work out, and more regular people will vote, evening it out. I am just basing it on current numbers and the fact that you said categorically that destroy won't win due to committee voting power. It just made the entire poll seem meaningless to me.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:12:10 AM

No 3rd IPO will be done!

Those committee members are going to vote individually. They are not all working together to sway a vote, so it won't be 100 votes for one decision because they all have different opinions. The result will be spread out.
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:20:17 AM

Those committee members are going to vote individually. They are not all working together to sway a vote, so it won't be 100 votes for one decision because they all have different opinions. The result will be spread out.

Ideally, yes. Although I don't know how much communication they do with one another, or if they will form any group decisions. My reply was in response to the previous poster who acted like the committee votes would be the one choosing the poll results.

No 3rd IPO will be done!

I should also add, it's not a bad decision to save some coins, and destroy the rest. I'd prefer saving a bit of a larger amount however ... besides giveaways and promotions, there are always bounties too.
JimPeopleburger

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:15:39 AM

I voted mixed. I say destroy 90-95pct and keep the remainder for maintenance, promotion, bounty, etc. Though, how much if any is already allocated for that outside of the 47k?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: