Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Soon illegal to use cash for purchases over 5K euro in belgium!  (Read 3685 times)
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 08:44:32 AM

The Euro is ending this year!

and this is a based on what?

my intuition Smiley
and the bond yield for many European countries are going to go through the roof.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=GGGB1YR:IND
Greeks are paying 376% for a 1 year loan. I admit I would be surprised this lasts for another year, but reality is crazier than fiction in this world.

Only Bitcoins growth will beat that rate this year. Cutting pensions by 500 Euros will not do much.

The spike theory of change would say that as soon as one country leaves the Euro, others will follow immediately, and I think at least one will leave indeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 05:53:57 PM

This cash limit on purchases is getting ridiculous.I know that some people claim to combat certain crimes via reducing the amount that can legally be spent in cash (before being required to use bank transfer or cards) but I think they are planing to either charge me extra for using cash over the limit or trying to 'monitor' every little thing that we do.I wonder if this is happening in Uk as well? I do wonder why this is happening all of a sudden and why not try this a few years ago (when people were less aware of whats happening)?

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 06:03:11 PM

The Euro is ending this year!

and this is a based on what?

my intuition Smiley
and the bond yield for many European countries are going to go through the roof.

Min 3 years b4 ECB's printing press gets too hot. 8% inflation for 15 years may do the trick - I think this is what they're aiming for.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 12:20:36 AM

Interesting.

They have to get the balance and timing right.

If they go too fast with stuff like this you breed a culture of criminality of avoidance.

It's trying to lock people in.
We've seen this before.

It makes us go "Wow, in a western nation, surely not!". But this is normal in plenty of other countries. In Argentina those who obeyed some of which paid for with thier lives because they couldn't afford medicine. From this there was a natural evolution. It was quite subtle though. Still, when limits on currency exchange came back in people got spooked.

I'd expect the same kind of influence to happen here. People don't relise at first but then they try to sell a car and suddenly relise there's a problem. Then a bank somewhere goes bust and someone they know looses money. Then they relise buying a car with cash makes some sense now... so all of a sudden you have law abiding citizens breaking the law just to survive.

Then, as in Argentina you find people moving onto black market and avoiding taxes.

It would play out differently but that's what we've seen before.

+1 on BTC as useful for gov's - deep packet inspection and logging the exchanges potentially means we could all get a bill. But don't be this paranoid or nothing gets done. Some risks are better to take then not take and I think it's worth it

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 09:32:34 AM

Complete collapse is bad for bitcoins. A gradual transition is better. The powers that be are trying to drag this out until something happens to save them, they don't know what. Alternatively, it is until they die, or are completely invested in land and security forces, along with the political capital to preserve these resources.

The current situation is not natural, and has no precedent. How would anyone know what to do about it? Do you think they are that much smarter than you? Do they know some secret method for dealing with the end of 50 years of inflation? They are just hoping for a paradigm changing event/idea before it collapses and playing CYA in the meantime.
but this inflation rate is only the official, this graph does not include the money produced by the banks lending money.
IMO the Bitcoin should not be traded mostly with USD, because value will dicrease with the USD inflation (and i expect the inflation to increase). if Bitcoin would be compared with an extremely constant countervalue, the value of Bitcoin would not decrease because of the incompetence of the US Governement and the Federal Reserve.

or would the BTC get automatically a higher value compared to USD, if USD inflates?

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 06:47:59 AM

I'd expect the same kind of influence to happen here. People don't relise at first but then they try to sell a car and suddenly relise there's a problem. Then a bank somewhere goes bust and someone they know looses money. Then they relise buying a car with cash makes some sense now... so all of a sudden you have law abiding citizens breaking the law just to survive.

Then, as in Argentina you find people moving onto black market and avoiding taxes.

It would play out differently but that's what we've seen before.

The Argentinians do not play around. Stayed at a hotel in La Rioja by the Chilean border. They asked for payment so I got out a credit card and they said they accept it but with a 40% surcharge. So I got out some Pesos!

I already see some merchants given 50% discounts if paid via BitCoins. This makes sense. For example, a US person in California would have 1-3% credit card transaction processing fee, 9% sales tax, 9% state income tax, 30% federal income tax and 15% self-employment tax. And those are only 4 specific taxes. Arbitrage opportunity.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: