Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22581 times)
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:07:46 AM

I think someone, who makes such a thread with only one post and stays at 2 posts forever, looks like a fake... (most of the girls are fake here because they know, they get treated very different here in this male, single world)

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:28:57 PM

the true moral of the story is: Bitcoin is not for women/girls

tell your wife to catch a falling knive in a flashcrash (really profitable trade). She will scream at you 'SELL' at those occasions. True story. Don't let women influence your trades, they generally suck at trading. Only very few women maybe can do well with btc. I know women. It's true. Too emotional, bad at math, no patience - really not good for trading volatile stuff like crypto. They are better with the shopping  Wink

I think this post made you the favorite poster of every woman on this forum.  I expect medals will be awarded.

Actually, I think Bitchick would agree with him.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:30:44 PM

the true moral of the story is: Bitcoin is not for women/girls

tell your wife to catch a falling knive in a flashcrash (really profitable trade). She will scream at you 'SELL' at those occasions. True story. Don't let women influence your trades, they generally suck at trading. Only very few women maybe can do well with btc. I know women. It's true. Too emotional, bad at math, no patience - really not good for trading volatile stuff like crypto. They are better with the shopping  Wink

Most people who are good at trading get so from experience, not from inborn talent.

This is absolutely true for me.  It's taken me 3 bubbles to get passable at it.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:15:51 PM

There is only one support level, at $260, wake me up when it is breached. Before that, unsubstantiated panic selling or gambling, but nothing to do with investing. And believe me, most hodlers do not even consider this dip to $400 as anything remarkable but a nice buying opportunity.

Complete fkn delusion on toast! BTW. we have two more days to break out above $500 like you assured everyone that Bitcoin would. Seems that a break below $400 is more likely but nevermind eh?

So where's my favorite delusional gambler"daytrader" now? Found a way to lose some more money today Mat? Getting fiat ready to buyin at 1300? Smiley

i am satoshi
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:22:51 PM

True, trading is not for (most) women. It's not for most guys either. Guys on average tend to like risk and gambling a lot more, but that doesn't mean they are actually any good at it. Also, people who argue guys aren't emotional haven't seen the average sports fan.

Most people who are good at trading get so from experience, not from inborn talent.

+3.5 billion (the approx. no. of women on earth at the moment)

and +1.75 billion (for the reasonable half of men on earth :P)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:24:43 PM

So where's my favorite delusional gambler"daytrader" now? Found a way to lose some more money today Mat? Getting fiat ready to buyin at 1300? Smiley

Boy I am such a dummy!

If only I had listened to Piramida and held at $1100 back in Dec 2013, then I wouldn't have to worry about a whats a good entry point and whats a good exit point right now..........(as I would be a hapless phucking bag holder sweating blood, praying for a return to my break even level and screaming angst and rage at anyone who dared come on a forum and suggest that we might be in a bear trend, and would have no capital to enter and exit the market with unless I admitted a massive loss to myself)

Edit: and do go creaming your pants just yet. This run could ultimately go up into $700's (I think there is a strong chance that it will), and then we could find ourselves at the end of a Wave B, and commencing on the final impulse leg down of the corrective Wave 4 since Dec 2013. If that is the case, Bitcoin market participants will know despair en masse  like they have never known it before. This isn't over until it is confirmed as over. Just look at the precious metals charts for guidance as to how misleading, brutal and venomous a Primary Wave 4 correction can be.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:23:06 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 04:33:14 PM by piramida

Boy I am such a dummy!

Ok now we are in agreement. Seriously though, eat your words or something, or you too cheap for that as well? I told you that you should better hold at 1100 (and you should have, you'd probably had more coin now), I told you when was a good time to buy (anything below 600), I told you that it will never go below 300, I told you that it will break out above 500 in a week (and it did 2 weeks later), and you still consider *me* delusional? Smiley You are funny, but learning to admit your mistakes will go a long way towards self-acceptance.

i am satoshi
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

Ok now we are in agreement. Seriously though, eat your words or something, or you too cheap for that as well? I told you that you should better hold at 1100 (and you should have, you'd probably had more coin now), I told you when was a good time to buy (anything below 600), I told you that it will never go below 300, I told you that it will break out above 500 in a week (and it did 2 weeks later), and you still consider *me* delusional? Smiley You are funny, but learning to admit your mistakes will go a long way towards self-acceptance.

Anyone who told anyone to hold at $1100 with Bitcoin now half of that amount, really needs to just shut their phucking mouth to be quite frank.

If I took your advice and held at $1100, I would have 25 BTC (and not very much Fiat). Or would I? At what price point would I have cracked in a manic rage and cashed out? Would I have taken a 50% hit? a 60% hit? a 70% hit on my capital? And say for arguments sake that I was still holding like a good little hodler, when would I be willing to cash my BTC in? At $700, at $800, at $900? What if I resolved to cash out at $1000 but Bitcoin never gets that high by the time this rally period is through, and what happens if Bitcoin does indeed go lower than $300 before we ever see $1000 again?

Can you guarantee that this won't happen? Of course not because as you have proven in the past, you are completely ignorant to any information that tells you anything other than Bitcoin is going North. The charts that I am looking at would suggest that Bitcoin eventually getting up to Around $700 or even more, would paint a textbook Wave B, setting us up for a brutal impulse downwards Wave C. I am not saying that this will happen, I am saying that the potential is there for this to happen and nobody can say it won't until it doesn't. Of course you don't see it and despite Bitcoin's venomously volatile history, you can't see it...cos u is a damn fool!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:42:37 PM

Anyone who told anyone to hold at $1100 with Bitcoin now half of that amount, really needs to just shut their phucking mouth to be quite frank.

If I took your advice and held at $1100, I would have 25 BTC (and not very much Fiat). Or would I? At what price point would I have cracked in a manic rage and cashed out? Would I have taken a 50% hit? a 60% hit? a 70% hit on my capital? And say for arguments sake that I was still holding like a good little hodler, when would I be willing to cash my BTC in? At $700, at $800, at $900? What if I resolved to cash out at $1000 but Bitcoin never gets that high by the time this rally period is through, and what happens if Bitcoin does indeed go lower than $300 before we ever see $1000 again?

Can you guarantee that this won't happen? Of course not because as you have proven in the past, you are completely ignorant to any information that tells you anything other than Bitcoin is going North. The charts that I am looking at would suggest that Bitcoin eventually getting up to Around $700 or even more, would paint a textbook Wave B, setting us up for a brutal impulse downwards Wave C. I am not saying that this will happen, I am saying that the potential is there for this to happen and nobody can say it won't until it doesn't. Of course you don't see it and despite Bitcoin's venomously volatile history, you can't see it...cos u is a damn fool!

This is not the trading forum Mat. Your posts are always so full of emotion I wonder whether you are cut out for trading over the long term.

I held at 1100 as did lots of other (bag!)holders. It turns out the only way to benefit from high bitcoin prices is actually to own them in the first place.

If bitcoin can manage another couple of years of stellar growth then I am sure you will be fine either way. But there is only so many times you can get in and out of the market without getting burned.
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:42:47 PM

I told you that you should better hold at 1100 (and you should have, you'd probably had more coin now), I told you when was a good time to buy (anything below 600), I told you that it will never go below 300, I told you that it will break out above 500 in a week (and it did 2 weeks later), and you still consider *me* delusional? Smiley You are funny, but learning to admit your mistakes will go a long way towards self-acceptance.
though it Needs a very strong personality and a very,very strong believe in bitcoin to hold  when you bought in at 1.100 $ you are right. And all your other advices have been good.
But,as I wrote before, you have to be very strong.
I bought in at about 750 $ last year and hold of course. My last buy was at about  350 $ at 10th of April 2014.
To discuss with MatTheCat is impossible since he is a troll. And SR addict.
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:53:56 PM

This is not the trading forum Mat. Your posts are always so full of emotion I wonder whether you are cut out for trading over the long term.

I held at 1100 as did lots of other (bag!)holders. It turns out the only way to benefit from high bitcoin prices is actually to own them in the first place.

If bitcoin can manage another couple of years of stellar growth then I am sure you will be fine either way. But there is only so many times you can get in and out of the market without getting burned.

Unlike in previous times, my rants are water off a ducks back and I don't allow my perspective to be skewed by getting involved with the hoards of imbeciles on this place. Whether that means simply reading their idiotic opinions or getting engaged in arguments with them. My ever-increasing ignore list assists greatly with maintaining a balanced mind whilst on this forum.

My TA recently has been good. True, I came out my $460 long position a little early ($520) but had I been awake, I would have come back in at $540 as per the signals on my chart. Since I was in my bed during the last China ramp I am now in a quandary whether to take a long or not. I have already gotten back in at $565, but since then a bit of a bearish descending triangle has formed and I have came back out at $572.....

......am keeping my eye on the action. Unlike the Hodlers, I would prefer to avoid negative equity if I can.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:56:05 PM

Can you guarantee that this won't happen?

See the reason you still don't understand bitcoin is your last question here. If your only reason to be here in bitcoin trading is short-term dollar gains, then whatever suits you, I definitely have no inclination to have more dollars than I already have.

The only reason I (and anybody else who understood what bitcoin is) trades here is to have more coins, period. You don't "panic cash out" because the only time you panic is when you are in fiat. Now go ahead with your childish insults about "koolaid foaming" or whatever is it you say to rationalize you erratic trading. But maybe instead you should try and understand the other side (which has always outperformed you, so far, with much less - read zero - stress and time spent).

i am satoshi
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:06:34 PM

The only reason I (and anybody else who understood what bitcoin is) trades here is to have more coins, period. You don't "panic cash out" because the only time you panic is when you are in fiat. Now go ahead with your childish insults about "koolaid foaming" or whatever suits you. But maybe instead you should try and understand?

I heard all this kind of thing from Silver Stacker right through 2010 - 2013, and I admit I was bought and sold on it. The Fed is creating money out of thin air, this will cause hyper inflation and soon the people will demand a return to real money which means gold n silver will go through the roof as the USD hegemony collapses.

At first, the delusional paradigms that I bought into were rewarded. Then the markets topped out, but I held out as I watched over 120% gains turn eventually into 30% losses (on silver, gold not so bad). I still have all the physical metal that I bought. I could get the same amount of metal today for a good bit cheaper. On the otherhand, the penny did start to drop with the 'digital' silver that I purchased on the precious metals 'bottom' back in 2012, which I offloaded most of before I took another good beating on that.

I have seen all this before and have been victim to the exact same kind of paradigms that the majority here are victim to. If you guys turn out to be right, then believe me, it will be through pure chance. If I am right, it will be because I know I am right beforehand to the best of my abilities.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:32:53 PM

The only reason I (and anybody else who understood what bitcoin is) trades here is to have more coins, period. You don't "panic cash out" because the only time you panic is when you are in fiat. Now go ahead with your childish insults about "koolaid foaming" or whatever suits you. But maybe instead you should try and understand?

I heard all this kind of thing from Silver Stacker right through 2010 - 2013, and I admit I was bought and sold on it. The Fed is creating money out of thin air, this will cause hyper inflation and soon the people will demand a return to real money which means gold n silver will go through the roof as the USD hegemony collapses.

At first, the delusional paradigms that I bought into were rewarded. Then the markets topped out, but I held out as I watched over 120% gains turn eventually into 30% losses (on silver, gold not so bad). I still have all the physical metal that I bought. I could get the same amount of metal today for a good bit cheaper. On the otherhand, the penny did start to drop with the 'digital' silver that I purchased on the precious metals 'bottom' back in 2012, which I offloaded most of before I took another good beating on that.

I have seen all this before and have been victim to the exact same kind of paradigms that the majority here are victim to. If you guys turn out to be right, then believe me, it will be through pure chance. If I am right, it will be because I know I am right beforehand to the best of my abilities.

I do think Bitcoin is quite a different investment from metal though. Different properties.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:00:26 PM

I understand your frustration. I also like metal, but I know it's just a commodity so it will never change the world in any shape or form, just your personal well-being. Bitcoin *has the potential to change the world* - maybe it will not, but so far it does look to be on the right track Smiley When I first understood, even imagining that any government would ever discuss bitcoin was far-fetched. Three years later, there's no country left where it has not been discussed at the highest level.

So, from that point of view, the wisest thing to do is just hold and consider yourself lucky that you understood before the 99% did. Yep, prepared of course that it will all fail somehow and show us all its ugly butt, but the opportunity is too grand to miss. As for speculation, bitcoin is a mostly unregulated commodity trading - exactly like metals only even less protection against cornering - of course the price would jump all over the place, but since it's very limited in nature there's only so far that you can push the price down - even with a whole might of China behind you Smiley So don't try to predict small pump-and-dumps, play safe and increase your stack while it all unfolds and becomes mainstream and boring.

i am satoshi
romneymoney

Activity: 193
Merit: 117

HODL

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:39:32 PM

If you guys turn out to be right, then believe me, it will be through pure chance. If I am right, it will be because I know I am right beforehand to the best of my abilities.
Shocked

Gamble at Bitcasino.io! Live Casino Action.
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:52:52 PM

So, from that point of view, the wisest thing to do is just hold and consider yourself lucky that you understood before the 99% did. Yep, prepared of course that it will all fail somehow and show us all its ugly butt, but the opportunity is too grand to miss. As for speculation, bitcoin is a mostly unregulated commodity trading - exactly like metals only even less protection against cornering - of course the price would jump all over the place, but since it's very limited in nature there's only so far that you can push the price down - even with a whole might of China behind you Smiley So don't try to predict small pump-and-dumps, play safe and increase your stack while it all unfolds and becomes mainstream and boring.

Whilst metals prices are decided on the futures market, where metal that may or may not even exist is routinely traded as though it were real, the same thing could be going on in Bitcoin on the the exchanges were the Bitcoin price is determined. In fact, with MtGox, we now know for sure that this has been the case. And never mind 'even less protection against cornering'. Perhaps Bitcoin has been 100% fully cornered from it's very inception? Satoshi Nakamoto's 1.5 MBTC? Satoshi Nakamoto, a lone working liberal anarchist idealist? Really?

Exchanges running fake volume to ramp up price, cashing out customers 'real' Bitcoins at highs, using fake volume to crash market in order to buy 'borrowed' Bitcoin back at lows? Megawhales who may or may not be affiliated with western intelligence agencies? Bitcoin is a very risky asset in which literally anything could happen and for this reason, I prefer to trade than to hold. If it does become mainstream and boring, then I might hold.

Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:04:51 PM

If you guys turn out to be right, then believe me, it will be through pure chance. If I am right, it will be because I know I am right beforehand to the best of my abilities.

So the best they can do is being fortuitously right while you'll always be, at worst, intelligently wrong. Bravo. Schopenhauer would be proud.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:27:23 PM

So the best they can do is being fortuitously right while you'll always be, at worst, intelligently wrong. Bravo. Schopenhauer would be proud.

May I suggest some light reading for you, Mat?  Wink

Cheesy

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:45:33 PM

My TA recently has been good. True, I came out my $460 long position a little early ($520) but had I been awake, I would have come back in at $540 as per the signals on my chart. Since I was in my bed during the last China ramp I am now in a quandary whether to take a long or not. I have already gotten back in at $565, but since then a bit of a bearish descending triangle has formed and I have came back out at $572.....

......am keeping my eye on the action. Unlike the Hodlers, I would prefer to avoid negative equity if I can.

Why did you wait so long to get back in?  Do you place no stock in methods like Goomboo's 10/21 EMA momentum buying?  It sent clear signals to buy at ~470, granted it jumped even higher so quickly.

I am not saying one should only trade momentum and ignore TA, but why ignore momentum completely?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: