Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22582 times)
Jr65

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:36:40 PM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  Imor've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Don't give up, Veronica! You will win the next round. Feel better soon!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:04:23 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 01:36:22 PM by gentlemand

This story has been played out countless times. Someone declared returns were dying and sold their several thousand coins a few weeks ago and it went up 20% between his replies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=496365.0

If I was the OP I'd dabble with an amount that didn't make me sweat or count my future riches. It might end up being a pleasant surprise a few years down the line, years being the key word.  

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

Honestly I have had an awesome crypto day

I took a 5% haircut on getting back into a ltc pump that i nearly missed with my play money ...i love trying to day trade crypto its like a wildcat on meth....so many lessons so fast Cheesy

I had some guys invest a cool 200k into crypto and these guys where mainstream

i have read the current bacth of coindesk articles and with

GOX 2.0 coming back to be our western standard as any more news about the chinese i will barf

..its goes on ..veronica u mentioned being a loser ..well i agree  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:46:23 PM

This man extolled me to buy $520 BTC around 1 week ago, cos 'Bitcoin really was about to take off'.

..its goes on ..veronica u mentioned being a loser ..well i agree  Cool

This same man states:

Honestly I have had an awesome crypto day

I took a 5% haircut on getting back into a ltc pump that i nearly missed with my play money ...i love trying to day trade crypto its like a wildcat on meth....so many lessons so fast Cheesy

Yet he has still not learned one of the most fundamental lessons. Never take a trade in no-mans land. We are right at this very minute, slap bang in the middle of a downward trading range. Bitcoin could go either way based on the whims of anyone with not even particularly deep pockets and Yip Yip is splashing about in these crypto-puddles thinking he is learning lessons whilst the only lesson he needs to learn here, is being totally ignored.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:18:47 PM

Money was lost the moment you sold. Not when price was going down. I hope you'll be happy with your decision. It's all that matters.

You can see the price in 2 years going to 1500 and still be happy, if you know you're not that risky persons. But the sad part would be if you'd be even more sad than now.

Or you can see it at 1500 and be miserable AND with a loss.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:21:15 PM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

I honestly feel the pain of this mistake already.  Whatever compelled you to buy at $984 hasn't changed.  It's just a bear market at the moment, in a bear market the market over reacts to bad news and under reacts to good news  You've basically managed to ride out a huge section of bear market and endured as much pain as you can, bravo, but don't let it all be for nothing.  Unless you have any reasons why you now think bitcoin will no longer succeed I'd seriously consider buying back in and taking the smallish losses on the chin and keep holding.  It doens't sound like you've made this decision based on any reasons about bitcoin, but rather it's an emotional decision that's compromised your judgement.  Happens to the best of us.  Has happened to me before actually in bitcoin once and on a couple of altcoins (though overall my trading is v positive). Seriously the pain of seeing it go up again after you were so sure about it for so long will be so much worse than whatever you're feeling now.  I actually think we could be nearing the end of the bear market anyway.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:27:49 PM

OP: You are right.  Feeling bad about yourself, shame in front of your friends is important to feelings of self-worth.  But don't beat yourself up; plenty of experienced investors missed the bubble's top.  Those of us who understand the protocol and believe in the economic change it implies can rely on that during the downtrends -- that is "I'm investing to support this great idea, not just to make $".  If that is not you then learn to hedge your bets.  For example you could buy back with a small amount that you REALLY CAN afford to lose, maybe 10% to 25%.  But tell your friends you sold, never mention this little bit to them.  Forget about these coins.  If BTC goes to 0, oh well.  If it goes through the roof, you'll be able to book a nice vacation or buy yourself something special, and tell your friends, "I guess I didn't sell ALL my coins... Wink", without going into any specifics.

The alternative is the possibility you've sold near the bottom and how will you feel with no coins if BTC hits 5000 in 2015?  Bitcoin has fundamental advantages over gold and fiat currency that make those kind of valuations possible if not necessarily probable.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:56:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ux2txZxoVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCRZLr9oRw

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:43:52 PM

That's what happens when you get into something expensive without understanding it. Emotional reactions take over.

Sounds like you've been "in" Bitcoin for less than 6 months.

Why sell when you know the years of history it has?

I feel sorry for you but I also don't feel sorry for you.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:52:36 PM

I kind of wonder if this is real or if we're being trolled. It's a new account, and who would hold for months and months in a bear market and then sell just as the trend line is about to hit the 2013-2014 historical support level? (only a few weeks away)

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Mithril1977

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:53:09 PM

i'm holding my bitcoin until they are worth enough to buy a time machine. then I will go back to the year 1635 and hoard all the tulip bulbs

hilarious Smiley ty
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:55:29 PM

You'll be kicking your ass and asking why? why? why I sold my bitcoins after few months, yes market is for strong and calm people.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:05:58 PM

Veronica, you are not the only one. I invested 70% of all my money and at the moment I have a loss of 40%... But HODL!
rjp55

Activity: 798

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 04:10:54 PM

Buying something because you were told its a sure thing, doing nothing, watching it lose its value and then selling it. Hard to sympathize.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:15:46 PM

When Bitcoin drop, it means that its time to average down. I have bought some Bitcoin above 500$ and also below 400$ Smiley
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

People, she sold ALL her coins. She is completely out. Encouraging her to hang on is like telling a dead man help is coming. She is DEAD to bitcoins at this time. It seems like a weak hand at best, a greedy, get rich quick schemer at worst. Good riddance.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

Buying something because you were told its a sure thing, doing nothing, watching it lose its value and then selling it. Hard to sympathize.

Backing a financial asset with your own capital is not doing nothing; investors are supporting the bitcoin network and at their own financial risk... sometimes it works out for them, and sometimes it doesn't (like OP!) but to say she got what was coming to her because she "did nothing" kind of rejects the entire principle of investing in general.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

That's what you get when you listen to the bitcoin salesmen  Roll Eyes
 Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:41:49 PM

People, she sold ALL her coins.

Sure? Or does she only want to hear "noooo, Hodl!!" from us? If she really sold, she is stupid (if she dont need the money now)... Or it is just a new troll, trying to force people to sell with this panic thread...

I transfered all my coins now 10 mins ago to my paper wallet. Now I´m try to forget about BTC for the summer... lets see what happens when "winter is coming" ^^
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:45:20 PM

She's tired ... after all it's not easy battle  ..

Donna Summer - Breakaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN7kyRdyktQ

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: