Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 05:39:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you could decide, which plan would you go for?  (Voting closed: May 09, 2014, 08:55:25 AM)
OkCoin - 56 (62.9%)
Savegox - 13 (14.6%)
Mtgoxrecovery - 2 (2.2%)
Liquidation - 8 (9%)
(see my comment) - 10 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 89

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Which plan do you prefer for the GOXcase?  (Read 3960 times)
cloon (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:55:25 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 02:55:39 PM by cloon

Here's a short summary of what I think of the different parties (from the google hangout):

OkCoin
You can get your percent of bitcoins on the first day of trading, the remaining dept is company share (total 49.9%)
OkCoin has already an BTC exchange and they now how to deal with DDoS and security issues and how to handle wallets and customers.
OkCoin got experience and knowledge

Savegox
You'll get your 16.5% percent in bitcoins and after there will be some kind of equity swap.
Savegox has some childactors and insiderpeople from Gox. There are some experts who worked on wallstreet (like this name means something) where they brang coffee to the broakers and now they say they worked for wallstreet-onlinetrading-whatever.
Savegox claims to have 70% of the custemer funds on theyr side (WTF!)
Savegox has money and famous people

Anarchystar (Mtgoxrecovery?)
He has no plan, just criticizes everyone and blames them for doing something in very bad english and no personal presence. (why does he even get so much publicity?!?)
Anarchystar has a loud voice

First i was for Savegox, but i changed my mind to OkCoin!

you can change your vote as much as you want.
what is your opinoin on the different plans?

greetings from switzerland
cloon

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
btcinsight

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:31:30 AM

So, if I understand correctly, SaveGox is unfair for non-American citizens. How can this even be considered?

Bitrated user: 2btcinsight.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:21:27 AM

people want okcoin it seems
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:52:21 PM

If you live in US or Canada you'll get your percent in bitcoins and after there will be some kind of equity swap.

Source???

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

i chuckled a bit at your descriptions.  Tongue

regardless of any plan a full audit needs to happen where we know where all the coins went

ok
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:26:57 PM

I definitely do not want okcoin, or any company not based in the US to take over.
Lets not get our recovered btc stolen twice.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:07:49 AM

I definitely do not want okcoin, or any company not based in the US to take over.

seriously... superiority complex?

ok
wtogami

Activity: 263

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:07:24 AM

Has nobody else noticed that Savegox does not risk any of their own money?  Their proposal instead would risk $10M of the creditor's cash.  They take 83.5% equity at zero risk to themselves.  That is quite inappropriate.

If you appreciate my work please consider making a small donation.
BTC:  1LkYiL3RaouKXTUhGcE84XLece31JjnLc3      LTC:  LYtrtYZsVSn5ymhPepcJMo4HnBeeXXVKW9
GPG: AEC1884398647C47413C1C3FB1179EB7347DC10D
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:46:14 AM

Has nobody else noticed that Savegox does not risk any of their own money?  Their proposal instead would risk $10M of the creditor's cash.  They take 83.5% equity at zero risk to themselves.  That is quite inappropriate.
Exactly. That's why it's an awful deal.

It's premature, too. The Tokyo court's trustee has only been in charge for a week. He should have a month or two, along with the Tokyo cops, to turn over all the rocks, bring in experts to look at the data, and find out where the money went. It went somewhere. It didn't just disappear. The trustee has all of Mt. Gox's records and all their employees, plus the authority to work with cops.

There are people who are saying this is "too technical" for a bankruptcy trustee. It's not. What bankruptcy trustees do all day is look at the records of businesses that screwed up and reconstruct where the assets went. if computer experts are needed, there are people available in Tokyo. Ones who are a lot better than Karpeles, who was a third-rate PHP programmer.

It's almost as if SaveGox doesn't want a full investigation they can't control. After all, they're letting two of the founders off the hook, and previously tried to make a deal with Karpeles. What I suspect the SaveGox people want to do is take over, "find" the missing Bitcoins and cash, and keep it. The former customers would only have a 16% stake at that point, with SaveGox having no obligation to return funds to them.
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:32:24 AM

Hi Cloon. The poll is a great idea gauge the general census of the community, but your bias is clear. Each of these entities brings something good and each is lacking as well.

I’d like to see all three of these “groups” come together to form a single entity that oversees a rehabilitation program. I can see a board including one representative from each of these entities, as well as maybe one or two other key people – vested interest or not. Maybe Andreas or Gavin (since Satoshi seems to be out of the question. Although, maybe we should invite Dorian Satoshi Nakimato just for fun.

This is what I’d like to see for the good of all (MtGox Depositors and the Bitcoin community at large).
OkBit – You have legal knowledge, and more importantly, appear to have been in the trenches of Bitcoin doing development work. You understand the full potential of the platform, beyond the currency. You may lack the political power and capital investment, but if you can gain the help of the others here and set the direction, you will not fail.

Savegox – You can clearly bring cash and political power, but you’ve not gained trust in this community which is absolutely essential to lead. Still, you can bring a lot to the table with your experience and resources. You should and will be fairly compensated for this if you take a second seat, even while holding a larger stake. More importantly, this will not fail.

AnarchyStar – You have heart, soul, and a big list of followers. You can bring the sorely needed trust to the situation by being the watchful eye as the entire operation unfolds. Keep asking questions and reporting to the community at large and you will not fail.

Together, these three can actually have a powerful team. More importantly, it would say a lot about Bitcoin and we can potentially move on much more quickly with cooperation rather than competition. Bitcoin needs this now. Make it happen guys.

Do not forget the BIG picture.

On another note, here is a plan that all of you might find to be fair:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590160.0
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:41:57 AM

I'd like to go with the OKCoin plan as well.
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:14:39 AM

seriously... superiority complex?

Not at all.  Facts are facts, and I wouldn't even put a dogecoin through a Chinese exchange at this point with all the bs that goes on there.
Plus an exchange in the US is held to some from of regulation, apparently Japan doesn't have laws in effect for when a ceo "loses" billions of dollars. 
Your welcome to do what you want when you trade your coins, just pointing out what has happened.
When a new Chinese company gets shut down by the government, good luck getting your coins.
blubberli

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:16:00 AM

Relax, *burps*, so what are you talking about?

cloon (OP)

Activity: 387

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:58:43 PM

The US does not steal your funds, they freeze your accounts and spy you through the NSA!

I hope the recovered MtGox is not in US, more like europe or asia

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:41:16 AM

bump

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Sounds like the options aren't very good to choose from?  I'm not really sure what the facts are about this with all the FUD these days.
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:19:50 AM

Sounds like the options aren't very good to choose from?  I'm not really sure what the facts are about this with all the FUD these days.

Take a look at this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590160.0
jl2035

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:26:16 PM

I don't know what to think anymore..  Angry  Huh

JOIN Bitbiz bitbiz.io
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:56:01 PM

i chuckled a bit at your descriptions.  Tongue

regardless of any plan a full audit needs to happen where we know where all the coins went

THIS.
Chillance

Activity: 310

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

Also, Anarchystars "plan" is http://www.multisig.com which is a big step in helping out. Sure, he doesn't have this mega lawyer document plan like the others, but at least he is doing something.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: