Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [80 GH][0% Fee] A1BITCOINPOOL.COM 10 BTC BONUS PROPORTIONAL POOL  (Read 4781 times)
A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 05:35:02 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2012, 01:26:09 AM by A1BITCOINPOOL

BRAND NEW POOL 0% FEE PROPORTIONAL PAYMENT SYSTEM
There are no transaction fees or hidden costs.  What ever you mine, you keep.

*I am offering a 10 btc bonus to who ever jumps on my pool and finds our first block..*

This pool uses a 0% Fee proportional pool.
While the pool has 0% fees we do encourage some donations to help keep the pool up and running.  A 1.0% donation would be greatly appreciated. You are free to change this to any value (including 0%) in the account details.  My favorite miners give 1.5% or more.

This pool is hosted at http://www.A1BITCOINPOOL.com/.  

Connect at A1BITCOINPOOL.com port 8999.

We don't keep anything.  That's why donations will help keep the pool running.  
A1BITCOINPOOL.com - Donations: 1DodyyJvT5z6ztwFS16w5j3ZBKfTFgxBNE

If there are any features that you would like to suggest please email me at A1BITCOINPOOL@GMAIL.COM.  Thanks and happy mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 07:41:29 AM

Good job mate, nice to see more Prop pools.  Will jump on later Smiley
A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 01:55:41 PM

Thanks. 
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 05:54:44 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 01:56:29 PM by Inaba

Why do people keep creating proportional pools?  Nobody but pool hoppers are going to mine on a proportional pool, unless they are stupid or completely ignorant.  You are basically telling your miners that you like to have them ripped off by creating a proportional pool.

Why are you OK with having your miners ripped off from their profits?  I'm not trying to be harsh, but it's getting kind of tiring seeing people throw up an open source pool with absolutely no regard for their users and absolutely no knowledge of what their actions entail as far as consequences to the users.  Nobody is going to mine on your pool as it's configured and it is not going to be sustainable.  Your pool is a failure from day one if you open a proportional pool.

If you get miners on your pool, the majority of them are going to leave when you're at ~43% of the first block.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 07:06:31 PM

Why do people keep creating proportional pools?  Nobody but pool hoppers are going to mine on a proportional pool, unless they are stupid or completely ignorant.  You are basically telling your miners that you like to have them ripped off by creating a proportional pool.

Why are you OK with having your miners ripped off from their profits?  I'm not trying to be harsh, but it's getting kind of tiring seeing people throw up an open source pool with absolutely no regard for their users and absolutely no knowledge of what their actions entail as far as consequences to the users.  Nobody is going to mine on your pool as it's configured and it is not going to be sustainable.  Your pool is a failure from day one if you open a proportional pool.

If you get miners on your pool, the majority of them are going to leave when your at ~43% of the first block.

It's in your best interest to try and persuade people not to mine here because you currently run your own pool.  People can make their own choice on were to mine they don't need you to tell them were to go.  Plus you don't see me going on your board and talking bad about your pool.  So if you don't like my pool then stay on your own. 
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 07:15:23 PM

I will stay on my own.  But I, and most other pool ops, feel that we have a responsibility to the users to prevent them from getting ripped off by known issues.

Proportional is known to be fatally flawed and a complete ripoff for anyone mining there.  You have not disclosed this fact to any of your users, so there was a need to make it clear that anyone mining on this pool is getting ripped off by pool hoppers, to the tune of 20 - 30% of the profits.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 08:04:51 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 09:33:53 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Just because he owns/runs a pool doesn't make him wrong.  

Proportional pools are idiotic.  They are a wealth transfer mechanism from stupid miners to hoppers.  We saw the mining community go from 100% proportional based pools to mostly fair hop-proof algorithms in a years time.   Now when pool hopping is just almost dead (due to lack of viable hop targets) the latest "craze" seems to be noob created prop pools.

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:14:10 PM

trolling, trolling, trolling...

gotta love pool ops that tell other people what they should or should not do....

A1BITCOINPOOL, I'll point 1 or 2 rigs your way and see how it goes...

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:32:13 PM

Thanks, just best to ignore the trolls.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 10:25:44 PM

When you are knowingly stealing from or allowing others to steal from your users, yes, you're right, other people are going to call you on it and let everyone know you're running a scam.

I am trying to tell you why your pool is going to fail.  If you don't want to listen, that is your problem.  Until you switch your pool type to a non-hoppable variety, your pool will never succeed.  Hell, I may point some of my rigs your way until ~40% of the block... might as well, it's free money.

simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:42:42 PM

I'll be jumping over tonight A1, just got to get this pesky work day over with first Sad
A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:17:29 PM

The door is open Inaba, if you want to send it over.  If not please stop complaining. 
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 11:37:23 PM

Good luck with your pool, man.  I tried to help you out, but you're just too hard headed to understand why it's so full of fail. Sad

Here's my prediction:

1. You will switch the payout mechanism to a fair mechanism, you'll probably consider doing this midround because nobody is mining on your pool.  You will then piss off anyone who's mined your pool prior to the change, further damaging the credibility of the pool.  You might wait until the round is over, if you get lucky on a block.  This would be your best case scenario and might allow your pool to survive ... so you're betting the further existence of your pool purely on luck.

or

2. In a week or two, you will complain and wonder why no one is mining on your pool. You will then give up and move on to something else.  When/if this prediction is the right one, just think back to what I've said.

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:40:28 AM

Inaba this lame denial of service attack is awesome testing for our pool thank you! - your not even slowing us down, nice try though.  I thought you were a better person then that.  Smiley"

I guess he will do anything to keep my pool from being successful.   Grin
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:41:52 AM

What denial of service attack?  WTF are you talking about?  I pointed 10 GH/s at your pool, are you telling me it cant' even handle that?

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:43:07 AM

Oh heh, you're pool is down.  Why the hell would I start to mine on your pool... then DOS it?  That doesn't even make sense.

I suspect you had some botnets and/or the hopping proxies jump to your pool.  That will pretty much bring any shared hosting pool down.

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:45:36 AM

Your wrong my pool is still up and have 90 gigs running on it.  Maybe somethings wrong with your computers.  Check again.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:47:13 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 01:00:24 AM by Inaba

Hmm, well I can't connect to it, so dunno what to tell you.  Did you ban my IP or something?  Guess my 10 GH/s really isn't welcome here Sad  

*EDIT* Ah yeah, you did ban my IP address.  That's pretty funny.  "Hey, you're welcome to mine here!"  Oops, no you're not!

Are you going to pay me for the shares I've already submitted, or are you going to just "appropriate" those?

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:50:28 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 01:38:51 AM by A1BITCOINPOOL

Happy mining everyone,  Just to clarify if I hit the first block the 10 btc offer still stands for someone else to win it.  

Not sure why you cant connect Inaba,  but you will get paid like everyone else. 
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 01:02:58 AM

Happy mining everyone,  Just to clarify if I hit the first block the 10 btc offer still stands for someone else to win it. 

nice, throwing some hashes your way. Do you have an api for pool stats or something like that ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: